Tulsa , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Tulsa Camping Reviews
Good Port in a Storm

During the extreme winter weather in Oklahoma in February 2021, I ducked into the KOA Lake Eufaula to wait out the storm. While the office was closed, Lindsay was available by phone to answer all my questions and James, a resident caretaker was also on hand.  The campground offers all expected amenities, wifi, power, clean and warm bathrooms with shower, a dishwashing station and playground and public outdoor sitting area. They also provide propane fills. Bless James for pumping the propane for me in that extreme cold.

Due to the storm, the camp store was closed and water hookup was not available.  The area was not plowed but I was loaned a shovel to clear the area around my campervan and the path to the bathroom.

I get the sense this is a popular place in good weather located near a large recreational lake. Unfortunately, I was hunkered down and in a bit of a panic about the weather, it was -3 degrees during my 24-hour stay, so I did not get out to see it or enjoy what the area has to offer. Overall my impression of the place was a good one.  Note, it is located directly behind I-40, trucks can be seen and heard from the camping area.

Great for family/easy in & out

Great summer time RV and year around tent camping. Several miles of trails for hiking and smooth enough for decent mountain biking. Also a great spot do go down and see waterfalls and throw the kayaks in the water.

RV facilities are clean for black water dump. Also has cabins and small event center, swimming pool, several play grounds. Con- no water in RV spots during winter months and upper tent camping closes during winter.

Nice RV Park

Enjoyed the quiet side of the park closest to railroad tracks. Yes, we did have trains at all hours, but living in a community with a similar issue, we had no problem sleeping through it. Bathhouse was clean, but not great. Biggest problem was flies from dumpster and sewage dump. Could not smell anything, but 1000's of flies. Overall, still quiet and sites were nice. Lake is very nice.

Clean and deserted in winter

I arrived after dark on December 27th. I had made a reservation (and paid the $15) through their website. When I got to the park, I followed signs for Paradise Cove and reached the camping area. I never found my exact campsite (#27) but it was completely empty so I took a different one and left a note in my windshield. The phone number on the confirm email forwards after hours to the lodge, and the person was very nice when I called but couldn’t help me.

It was a bit confusing once I got there and was trying to find my site, I went online again and found another website that said paradise cove camping was closed, but the guy on the phone said the online reservations are kept up to date.

Paradise cove is right by the bridge over the lake and I could hear and see traffic. Each site is numbered on the picnic table (hard to see, especially in the dark) and the bathrooms were closed. I never found the water taps.

In the morning, I was right on the lake, with lots of birds! It was beautiful despite the traffic. I would stay again but pick a different campground in the park.

Clean and tidy.

Would def stay again if I ever found myself driving around Tulsa during the holiday season.

Great little spot for the hunters.

I live a short drive away in Tulsa, but when hunting season started, this is where I stayed on the weekends. Lots of WMA land to be explored, the park is nice and quiet with beautiful surroundings and a smaller, peaceful lake to enjoy.

Nice park

Showers and laundry were not 24 hours

Fun winter camping

A nice state park with lots of services. A full marina, a little restaurant on the dock. Full hook up camping is available throughout the year. Close to a small town with shopping, fuel, and a couple great restaurants.

Unhelpful, must have a reservation

Be aware, you will not be allowed into the park without a prior reservation. My husband and I came late into the area and needed a place to sleep. The website did not say that reservations were REQUIRED, just that they were available. The attendant would not let me make a quick reservation on my phone, even when I mentioned that it looked like plenty of spots were available. She said “oh yes, I’ve got lots of spaces.” She kicked us out. I will not be going back.

Wonderful Park

everything you’d expect from a State Park. Great hiking and trails, great atmosphere, and away from the hustle.