Yurts
About Roman Nose State Park
Roman Nose State Park is located in Oklahoma
8 Reviews of Roman Nose State Park
Lots to do

Pretty close to OKC. A lot of things to do. Miniature golf, paddle boats, hiking trails, golf course and pool. There is a little store and restaurant in the park. You can even rent a teepee for the night.

Excellent little state park

Easy to moderate hiking, clean campgrounds, good fishing

Great state park

We used to camp here when I was a kid. Camped here in May 2019. Can’t remember the name of the area of where we camped but it was at the north end. We stayed at site 27 and apparently there is a problem with the electrical hook up. It kept going off and on all night causing our lights to flicker and our microwave to beep non stop. Eventually unplugged at 2am. Local told us this was a common problem with site 27 and 28. Other than the electrical the camp ground and experience was great. Will defiantly be back but not at site 27&28!

Better Than Expected

I took my Girl Scout troop of Brownies and Juniors here the last weekend of April. I got there early on Friday so I could get enough campsites for us, since the sites are first-come, first-served. I think this is important because there aren't too many that are away from the RV campgrounds or that have shade. The grounds are pretty clean for a state park and with the resources they have available. We stayed in Beaver Den, which is near the bathrooms with a shower. There is a fantastic red cedar set back into the tree that the girls loved climbing and a little hill they spent plenty of time scaling.

Campsites have picnic tables, a grill, and a fire pit with a grate. The loops are small, so the water is close.

The park ranger was awesome. He drove by several times to ensure everything was fine. He let me know in the future to call the ranger on duty to see if the group campground would be available (because it is also first-come, first-served). They also give a 50 percent discount if they have a service project for scout groups, which is awesome. They came and talked to the girls about a service project and the importance of wearing a life jacket.

Something to pay attention to is that they charge by the tent, not by the campsite. Both Travel.ok and the signage at the park indicate it is $14 per campsite with no more than two tents per site.

Our girls did two horseback rides at the stables. Jennifer & Bre are awesome! There is a small petting zoo with a very spunky goose, some goats, a bunny, and a duck. The ride was fun and relaxing. The girls also want to play mini golf. The general store gave us a discount for being Girl Scouts, but I don't know if that's standard practice.

There are easy hiking trails for little kids and inexperienced people. We also went do the natural spring, which the girls enjoyed and hunted for crawdads.

The lodge has free Oklahoma state park passport books and stickers for kids. If you are familiar with the national park passport books then you'll want to snag one of these.

All and in the staff from the lodge, the stables, to the rangers, and general store all went above and beyond to make our stay great!

Hiking

Amazing trails and great views.

Beautiful hiking

This is our go to camping spot. There are many miles to hike and the scenery and history is AMAZING! After a day of hiking we love to go wade in the springs. Nice and refreshing. Camping is quiet and fun. There are many amenities. Shower, electric, water. We usually go without the electric and water but walk to the showers.

Camp/hike

My boyfriend and I came here for a short over night trip! We hiked and had a nice evening at the campsite! There are only a couple of trails, but all are very fun! We did a little off trail here and there, but overall stuck to it! There are some great fishing spots and closer to the entrance a golfing area! They also have the swan boats you can rent and go out on the little pond! Lots of fun, would recommend!

Nice Campground

This is a nice campground with tables, and a fire pit at each site. They also have restrooms here. There are tepees that are available to pay to camp in as well. There are trails nearby here, we really enjoyed our stay.