Chickasaw National Recreation Area, OKLAHOMA

The #1 Camping App

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Chickasaw National Recreation Area Camping Reviews
Great place to get away.

Have camped here twice with family and with friends and it has been great. Camp host has always been super nice. We have always stayed in the north end of The Point, the bathrooms are good and not that far of a walk. I really like that the camp sites are not close together and well treed.

Will be coming back again this May for a weekend away with friends.

A few things I don't like about this particular location:

Not as close to the water as I would prefer.

A bit of a drive to the swim beach.

Nice campground with many things to do for the kids

Have camped here a couple of times with family and alone. We typically prefer to have a camp site at the back so that we aren't completely surrounded by other campsites.

Sites in this area are closer together than sites in other campgrounds in the area.

Sites are large and flat with fire rings, picnic tables, and lantern hooks.

Camped one night here the first week of May 2019, and was the only camper in this camp ground. It was great with a little abandoned feel to it. The camp host was a little grumpy, and the season had just started.

Things to do:

Visit the Nature Center

Hike the spring trails

Multiple swimming area along the road to the nature center

Little Niagara

See the bisons

Hike the top of Bromide lookout

Bromide Springs

swim and fish at Lake of the Arbuckles

Etc…

Absolutely amazing!

I Love Rock Creek Campground. I choose a very specific campsite if I can because of a secret trail that leads me down to the creek to a swimming hole and a cave that Jesse James himself used to hide in. Have always had an amazing time here and look forward to my next trip to Sulphur.

Nice and quiet

Nice open spots, good price

Nice Tent Camping with amazing view

Was able to spend a night at Buzzards Roost campground while visiting Lake Murray State park.  Our tent site was at the point and provided us with great views of the marina, and Tucker Tower.  There is plenty of parking and the tent pads were nice and level with plenty of space for larger tents.  Each fire pit had it own grate that provides a cooking surface over the fire; however, must were damaged but still usable.  Bath house is a little older but the amenities were nice.  There are 4 showers that are available with great pressure and temps.  All but a few campsites were on the water so it makes it easy to put in a small water craft or even pull a larger boat up to your site.

Great place to camping

Great place to camp. Stayed during Thanksgiving, after Blue River was stocked with Trout, fishing was awesome. Great family camping and fishing. Highly recommended. We be returning.

Great fishing!

Great area for fishing, water sports and camping. We had fun on Lake Texoma and will be returning. This is a small, well kept campground and I recommend

Poor Customer Service - Refuse to Refund Fee

We had a reservation for two camp sites for Oct 25th and 26th. It stormed heavily on Friday, October 25th. Arguably, it was even a safety hazard to go. As such, we did not go and was still charged the camp site fees. When I spoke with the Texas Parks and Recreations central reservations, they could not help and advised me to contact Eisenshower and informed me the park has discretion to refund the fees. When I called and spoke with"Rhonda," she informed me that she could not refund the money despite the rain and told me the park's policy prevents her from doing so. I question whether such a policy exist since central reservations specifically said the parks have discretion. This is the poor customer service. I didn't know state funded parks were under such pressure to squeeze money out of people and make margins since it is tax funded by individuals like me. Amazing how poor customer service governmental entities provide. Governmental workers will be just that…government workers. Sad.

Nice area, nice visitors center

Nice area, nice visitors center.  We enjoyed our time here. Lots of exploring and fun on the water. We will be returning along with friends in the future.

Reasonably priced and very welcoming

Reasonably priced and very welcoming. Our family enjoying the space and enjoyed our stay. We will definitely be returning for a relaxing stay.