Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 50 ft.
Greenleaf is located in Oklahoma
18 Reviews of Greenleaf
We’ll be back

We love state campgrounds & Greenleaf State Park is one of our faves. We also have an adult son in a wheelchair so we have to be careful about where we go. We want to be able to push him around and go on trails that are wheelchair friendly. This campground had that. They also have an accessible site that has a HUGE pad. We were in the middle of the tent camping area; but hey we had a good view of the water.

If you like fishing it has a heated fishing dock which is cool so you can fish in the winter when cold. They have cabins & RV areas. 2 dump stations. There is water hookup. We were at the bottom of a hill but I say wheelchair friendly because I was able to wheel our son around the loops, into the heated dock, over to the marina on paved roads.

At the top of the hill is a splash pad, community picnic area ball field and paved trails which a wheelchair can go down. We prefer the accessible sit at bottom of hill since it was near the lake.

Make reservations by visiting https://travelok.com

Weekend at Greenleaf

We had a great experience at Greenleaf last weekend! They moved us to a better site without even asking and the staff were very attentive and friendly. There is a lot to do, paddle boat and canoes, fish, splash pad, putt putt, sand volleyball court, basketball hoop etc. Lunch at the marina was tasty. We had a great time on the hike to the hanging bridge. We enjoyed this park a lot with our two young sons.

Calm and Great Activities

Busy on summer weekends, the best time to visit is during the week or during the off-season. The park has been voted best in Oklahoma and it shows. Peaceful camping near the lake and additional sites on top of the hill give a variety of options. We’ve used tents and campers with enjoyment for both. The lake has rentals and a marina/restaurant that does not disappoint.

As a bonus, there is a new splash pad that our kids enjoyed. The lake isn’t the best for swimming, so the splash pad works for the hot summer afternoons.

A great off season getaway

If you dig the crowds and the splash park scene and the loud music… hit it in the summer. But if you like it quiet and peaceful check it out in the winter or early spring. Fall colors are beautiful but attract a crowd.

One really great thing about the summer is that a pair of Osprey have begun nesting across highway 10! So neat to see the pair nesting in Oklahoma.

The hiking trails need some maintenance. The bridge has been closed for some time but there are ways around and the backcountry is open for camping too which is rare in a state park.

The campsites along the lake at Cypress Row are great along with the rest. Everything from primitive backcountry to full hookups is available here.

The fishing form the dock is fruitful. From a boat even better.

The store is nice. The owners are nice. The loud music they play is not as nice.

Overall a great escape not far from Tulsa.

Solid Weekend Getaway

I visited Greenleaf for a short trip in the fall with my oldest son. It was a short overnight excursion so I would add a caveat that we didn’t get to do much in the park. With that said, it’s a solid little park. There’s a miniature golf course, though it isn’t well kept. The sites at the entry to the park are pretty large with water and power. Some have sewer as well. The nicer camping area is near the lake, which is very nice and the views are great. I reserved my spot at the last minute so I was not able to get a spot by the lake. It’s a great park for anyone wanting to do a lot of fishing or boating. There are two playgrounds; the one at the front of the park where we stayed is dated and frankly not very good. However, the one near the lake is much better. The bathhouses were better than most in Oklahoma and they are a single large bathroom with a toilet and shower head. This was perfect for us bc it was easy to bath my son without worrying he would be encroaching on anyone’s space. There is also a kid fishing pond which my son did well in. There’s a lot of catfish in the pond. The only negative I could add, if it is negative, would be that this is a heavily trafficked hunting campground. The woodlands surrounding the park are used by hunters all fall. While we were camping almost every site was occupied by hunters. They would all leave early in the morning which was kind of annoying, but it made the park virtually empty from the time we woke up until late in the afternoon when they all start to return. Don’t be surprised if you visit in the fall and you’re the only one not wearing camo and hunter’s orange. Also, for anyone wanting to group camp at Greenleaf, there’s a great building available to reserve at the back of the loop in the entrance to the park that is across from the bathhouse and playground. It is completely enclosed, has a/c, large fridge, sink and microwave. While we were there, several groups of hunters had reserved this to muse as sort of a home base where they kept food and other things of that nature. They had set up several folding tables and chairs and I assume they used it as a place to gather for meals. It’s a great spot for anyone wanting to camp with a large family, church group or just a multi family trip. And to that end, the sites at Greenleaf are arranged in such a way that it is a great park for multiple families to camp together, with lots of shared/communal green space for activities. That’s particular true in the loop closest to the entrance where we stayed. Lastly, during our trip, there was a lot of construction going on as they are completely remodeling the visitor center, which looked like it will be quite big. I don’t know what will be included in the new building, but whatever it is will likely enhance your experience. I would add though that it was clearly in the early stages of construction so you may want to call ahead and check the status, as the construction work and equipment was really loud. Overall, it’s a nice, tranquil park with some great views. There isn’t a ton to do at the park beyond typical campground activities unless your planning to use the lake for fishing and boating. Hiking trails are short and easy in difficulty. I enjoyed our stay and will probably go back bc my son loved the kid fishing pond and miniature golf course on site. I’m giving it 3 stars bc they need to update the playground and generally give the park a bit of a facelift.

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend we camped at Greenleaf State Park in the Gobbler Ridge Campground site number #18. This area was nice and spacious. We didn’t feel like we were squashed into our neighbors. It was however “Labor Day” weekend which normally means bad weather and let me tell you we weren’t surprised Saturday night when the sky just opened up and started to pour. The site we had was partially shaded but kind of a small valley so after the rain it was pretty soggy. There are other campgrounds close by and stuff to do. The park is in the process of constructing a splash pad next to the miniature golf course. On Saturday nights they do a wagon ride with a guide that talks about the area. Bummer for us cause one family 23 people took up the whole ride. Holiday weekend…..maybe should have two wagons? All in all I think we had a good time and would definitely recommend this park.

Quiet and peaceful

It was great. I took my boys, 8 and 18 year old. Very quiet and felt secluded even though the campsites were about 75% full. Tent camped with electrical hook-ups which I wasn't expecting. I think it was only$14 a days. Went hiking the next day on the trails around the lake and mountain

Labor Day Weekend

Trails were maintained well. Lake was not overly active. Showers were a bit of anomaly. Had to pay .50 cents for 3 minutes. wasn’t bad just awkward. Shouldn’t shower while camping anyways but overall good trip especially for Labor Day Weekend. Will camp here again.

Close to Tulsa; Plenty of activities

We go to Greenleaf so often that I almost forgot that it is a State Park Campground that should be reviewed since we often go for quick overnights or even just to hike. The "Ankle Express" trail is a good lollipop trail that takes you over the road, past the dam, and to the other side of the lake from the proper campground. Once you pass the swinging bridge you can choose to go left by the lake or right up the only real elevation on the trail. The lakeside trail is flatter and is the most used up to Mary's Cove and is a pleasant ~6 mile hike out and back. The trail is marked well and has good terrain. Beware of the hornets on the swinging bridge that sometimes build their nests on the upper portions. We have been told that copper heads are common on the trail/ lake but we have never witnessed any snakes.

Regarding the campground, you have several options to camp with several bathrooms scattered over a hill next to the lake. Many boaters use this park to stay in while fishing only as this isn't a big enough lake area for recreational boating. The sites are mostly spread in different field sand are not leveled but they do have fire rings and tables. This is an ideal spot for young family's as they can choose to do any sort of activities and have plenty of room around them to do so.

If you hike, be sure to check when the trails close for different hunting seasons.

Greenleaf

Loved this park. Lots of walking trails around the lake with great fishing.

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift