About Greenleaf State Park
Greenleaf State Park is located in Oklahoma
13 Reviews of Greenleaf State Park
Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend we camped at Greenleaf State Park in the Gobbler Ridge Campground site number #18. This area was nice and spacious. We didn’t feel like we were squashed into our neighbors. It was however “Labor Day” weekend which normally means bad weather and let me tell you we weren’t surprised Saturday night when the sky just opened up and started to pour. The site we had was partially shaded but kind of a small valley so after the rain it was pretty soggy. There are other campgrounds close by and stuff to do. The park is in the process of constructing a splash pad next to the miniature golf course. On Saturday nights they do a wagon ride with a guide that talks about the area. Bummer for us cause one family 23 people took up the whole ride. Holiday weekend…..maybe should have two wagons? All in all I think we had a good time and would definitely recommend this park.

Quiet and peaceful

It was great. I took my boys, 8 and 18 year old. Very quiet and felt secluded even though the campsites were about 75% full. Tent camped with electrical hook-ups which I wasn't expecting. I think it was only$14 a days. Went hiking the next day on the trails around the lake and mountain

Labor Day Weekend

Trails were maintained well. Lake was not overly active. Showers were a bit of anomaly. Had to pay .50 cents for 3 minutes. wasn’t bad just awkward. Shouldn’t shower while camping anyways but overall good trip especially for Labor Day Weekend. Will camp here again.

Close to Tulsa; Plenty of activities

We go to Greenleaf so often that I almost forgot that it is a State Park Campground that should be reviewed since we often go for quick overnights or even just to hike. The "Ankle Express" trail is a good lollipop trail that takes you over the road, past the dam, and to the other side of the lake from the proper campground. Once you pass the swinging bridge you can choose to go left by the lake or right up the only real elevation on the trail. The lakeside trail is flatter and is the most used up to Mary's Cove and is a pleasant ~6 mile hike out and back. The trail is marked well and has good terrain. Beware of the hornets on the swinging bridge that sometimes build their nests on the upper portions. We have been told that copper heads are common on the trail/ lake but we have never witnessed any snakes.

Regarding the campground, you have several options to camp with several bathrooms scattered over a hill next to the lake. Many boaters use this park to stay in while fishing only as this isn't a big enough lake area for recreational boating. The sites are mostly spread in different field sand are not leveled but they do have fire rings and tables. This is an ideal spot for young family's as they can choose to do any sort of activities and have plenty of room around them to do so.

If you hike, be sure to check when the trails close for different hunting seasons.

Greenleaf

Loved this park. Lots of walking trails around the lake with great fishing.

Very friendly camp hosts

We came to this campground after hours and were greeted by the friendly camp host. This was a stop on a cross country road trip. The sites were clean, we were on the water. There were a couple sets of restrooms. The ones closest to us had pay showers. However, if we walked a little farther we could find free showers. There were flush toilets and a fire ring as well as a picnic table at every site. The night sounds were fun, lots of frogs or toads or something like that that croaked all night. The boat dock was lit up so that was kind of cool too. The campground was pretty empty when we were there, it was the Monday of Memorial Day, all the campers had gone home. They did say that they were fully booked the night before and people were camping anywhere they could pitch a tent. Lots of trees and a pretty drive in.

Gobbler's Ridge at Thanksgiving

We had a blast. The first night it was truly freezing but we made it through. We went to enjoy hiking & fall colors and we're not disappointed. Close clean restrooms makes this park ideal for family. When we pulled in there were signs they were voted one of Oklahoma's best parks for families and we could see why. Tons of sites both with and without electricity. Sites without electricity and water had water pumps nearby for all to utilize. There was even a large pool and several playgrounds

My first evening I wandered down to use the restroom and I observed a pack of turkeys quietly making their way down the ridge. It was magical.

Our site was adequate with a picnic table, water, & electric hookups. Good thing we were in a tent because we couldn't get our electricity to work. We used an uncamped in spot to charge.

Great hiking through gorgeous fall colors. Only slight annoyance was it was some kind of hunting season so we only felt comfortable going so far on the trails.

Always an adventure

Animals! Turtles, deer that like to be petted, frogs croaking at night, owls talking, beavers splashing in the lake and turkeys eating snakes!

Nice trails

Stopped here on my way to Missouri. It is a beautiful place. It has primitive camping and modern campsites. It has a swinging bridge. Lots of trees and foliage. The hiking trails are pretty and campsites on the trail. It's is a beautiful lake. Very peaceful. I wish I'd had more time to spend here. I plan on going back soon. I didn't get pictures because my batteries were dead.

Trails

The trails at greenleaf are well maintained and marked. Their primitive camping is accessible and well kept. I enjoy the size of the park it is small and offers a lot of room for exploring . Never experienced a large crowd here..which is preferable for me. Make sure if it rains before you go or is forecasted to rain bring your hight top boots, especially if you plan to do any packing.