Muskogee , OKLAHOMA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Muskogee Camping Reviews
Corona Free Camping

So sick of just sitting at home. Wait a minute …. we have a portable home. We have probably camped around 8 times since March. I we can do distance or virtual learning from any place that we can use the hot spot on our phones. Love the camping hate the “Rona”. Still haven’t caught any fish. Guess we’ll try again next year since we have winterized. At least for now….we shall see.

Unhelpful, must have a reservation

Be aware, you will not be allowed into the park without a prior reservation. My husband and I came late into the area and needed a place to sleep. The website did not say that reservations were REQUIRED, just that they were available. The attendant would not let me make a quick reservation on my phone, even when I mentioned that it looked like plenty of spots were available. She said “oh yes, I’ve got lots of spaces.” She kicked us out. I will not be going back.

Great Location

The park is set up in several sections. There is the family campground which we were in, and the late night campground, which is intended for late night drinking and music. the areas are separated by about a quarter mile, but you could definitely hear all the goings on at the late night side, and the police, ambulance then coroner that showed up the next morning was not good. Seems someone passed at the late night. Park overall was kind of run down, sites kind of tight, no animal control as dogs roaming the park doing their business. Then there is the river, which is why you come to the park. Had a great time floating the river.

Quaint little park

We stayed the week before the park officially opened, and found it to be a great little COE park. Right on the water.

Seminole park Top Notch.

Seminole campground is the best in Sequoyah State Park. The Camp Host is great and the Sunsets are beautiful.

Fall break

October 7-9 we stayed in Dogwood campground spot number 81. We had a wonderful time and the weather was simply great. Colors were starting to change. Very clean campground and restrooms were very well maintained.

Gorgeous

I would have given this a 5 plus star review, however, when we booked it they failed to tell us the bathrooms and showers had been locked for the season! Would have been good information to know considering we were in a pop up. Lots of peeing in the woods and driving to town to 💩. All that aside, gorgeous view! Loved being able to walk to the rocky beach and fish! Quiet and beautiful. We had a great time!

No longer a State Park if you click the Website link

No longer a State Park if you click the Website link

Really nice area not far off the highway.

$23 for an RV spot and $14 for tent spot as of 2020. RV spots are paved

The falls are beautiful, camp is just okay

We stayed in a Monday night in early November and there were only two other groups in the tent loop. The TV loop seemed a little busier. The shower house is right next to the RV loop and a bit of a walk from the tents. We had a picnic table and fire ring. The campground is not far from a busy road so we had some noise. Conveniently located near a large town in Arkansas for supplies and good cell signal. We did the short hike to the falls and they were gorgeous. $16 for the night.