About Red Rock Canyon Adventure Park
Hike In
Red Rock Canyon Adventure Park is located in Oklahoma
19 Reviews of Red Rock Canyon Adventure Park
Pretty and Scenic

This spot is great! I’ve done a photoshoot as well as explored here! The photoshoot was awesome on the small hike with the red rock. It’s plenty shaded and has a lot of color in full bloom! The best is right after it rains! As for exploring, it’s awesome! It can get crowded easily, but it’s easy to escape into another hidden area of the park. Definitely a gem of OK!

Great spot for a quick getaway

I think this is definitely a great place to go if you want to get away for a day or two. Since it is a smaller state park, it feels a little cramped during the peak season. However, the neat thing about the park is that it offers a variety of activities such as camping, swimming in the pool, hiking, rock climbing, etc.

Nice,quiet place to relax

We stayed here for (4) night's last month. Was not busy at all during the week. They keep the grounds mowed and looking nice. The tails where nice but a little overgrown and the markings are faded. Like climbing around the rocks. The pool was nice and cool for a hot day but closed at 5:00. The showers are hot but are pay type. Fifty cents gets you two minutes. The town of Hinton is very close and had stores if you forget anything. Will come back when it is cooler.

Girl Scout Troop #110 Camping

I took my Girl Scouts camping for 3.5 days, back in 2010. We had a blast! From swimming at their pool to getting snowcones, to hiking. Just watch out for the poison ivy! And I’m highly allergic to the stuff! The ranger kept a close eye on us all weekend even when they had a riot at the prison, but don’t worry they don’t do that very often. He kept patrol until the riot was over with. Plus there is a gate to lock people out at night. I believe at 11pm it closes and locks. Unless there is an emergency, of some sort. He will let you out, just have to knock on his door right there by the gate. Not too expensive to stay at back then. I don’t know the current prices now though. They also have a lot of RV hook ups.

this is amazing find. used to be a state park

new management of the park has lots of plans. cleaning this already great park, adding mountian bike trails to go along with the hiking trails. has a small fishing pond for kids, swimming pool open during summer months. when you drop down into this park you are in another world just beautiful and serene.

A Magical Place Tucked Away in Oklahoma

My dog, Ava, and I joined a group of fellow teardrop campers in a surprisingly unique and fascinating campground in Oklahoma. This campground, formally known as Red Rock Canyon State Park, has now become simply Red Rock Canyon Campground. The state park was slated for closure when a local family from the nearby town of Hinton negotiated to lease this lovely place from the state in order to keep this local gem open for both day use and camping.

WOW, what a great service they have done for camper travelers. After checking in at the friendly office, we found ourselves driving down a somewhat steep and winding road into the canyon. Now I'm pulling a 2300 pound teardrop, but plenty of big rigs have also made it down with no problems. The place really is enchanting. The tent sites are tucked right into the canyon walls, and full hook ups, while not tucked in are right inside the canyon as well. With kids in mind, there are many playgrounds as well as repelling and trails for adult types, but you must bring your own climbing equipment.

The one downside for me was the pay showers. It was 75 cents for a six minute shower, and change machines were right there, but hey, I want free showers.

Accessible, family-pet friendly site.

We camped with friends, campsite was very roomy with plenty of space for the pups and kiddos. We even brought our own disc basket and had plenty of space to play. The grounds were clean, well kept, restrooms were clean. While the park is relatively small, it is very family friendly with a nice playground,swimming pool. There is a rock climbing area that looks to be a great place for beginners. Everything was walkable. Nice trails that people of all ages and abilities were using. I wish there had been another trail that was longer, I wouldn’t recommend for serious hikers. It’s just about an hour drive from OKC which means we will be back for another quick weekend getaway.

Hiking, Climbing or Exploring

When driving down 40 everything seems so flat, then you turn into this state park and it unexpectedly takes your breath away as you begin to descend into the canyon and are surrounded by the bold red canyon walls.

I had no idea what to expect when I first entered the park and the more and more deep I drove into the canyon but I became more and more excited as I saw a trail jut off to the right, and a spring trickling down the hillside to the left. A pull off just before the tent campground with a view point of the waterway opened up to another point of interest.

Then there was the camping area, nestled in the cove of the canyon with climbing walls on both sides, large shade trees, picnic tables, fire rings and more access to hiking. Restrooms were well maintained and included pay showers separate from the restroom facilities themselves. Very fair pricing and views that simply would not stop!!

Just up the way a bit further were improved tent and RV sites with electricity, dump stations and less removed feeling. Pay stations were located in each of the camps and rangers circled to make sure you were ok pretty regularly.

TIPS:

• Make reservations if you are wanting an RV site during busy times of year or weekends.
  • If you are a climber, there are plenty of walls, but you have to bring your own gear.
Nice camping along Route 66

I stopped off to camp here after a long day on the road and was pleasantly surprised about the tent campground after driving through a packed, wall to wall RV camping area. The tent area is set quite a ways from the RV area, so there are no concerns about generator noise or overcrowding. While you generally can see most of the campsites from your site, they are pretty well spaced apart and some have nice underbrush between them for privacy. I ended up in a very large site under the red rock wall in an area that is open for rappelling and climbing, but as it was late in the afternoon, I did not have any visitors except some kids who wanted to climb. My site did not have any really good trees for hammocks, but a walk around the loop and visit with neighboring campers showed that some had good trees for hammocks and some did not. I was a short walk to the bathhouse, which was very clean with pay showers on one side and toilets on the other. Just outside the camping area was a neat pond and spillway, a great place for a picnic for day visitors.

A hidden gem!!

Gorgeous. They have showers and plenty of camping spots.