Haskell , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Haskell Camping Reviews
Decent for the area

Ranger was very serious about his job but super nice and you can tell he really cares for the space. Bathrooms were a little beat up but shower was hot and with good water pressure. No problems accessing in 32’ motorhome towing a car. Market at end of road with nice little town nearby if you need to get provisions.

Beautiful park and campgrounds

Even in November this is a great place to camp. In the Choctaw loop easy back in or pull thru sites. Very short walk to the lakeshore. Golf course in the park. Pet friendly. Close to tulsa too. There are shops just outside the park if you need propane or charcoal etc. Worth the trip!

Breathtaking scenery. Clean sites.

Great place to fish and do all kinds of water sports

Do not stay here, thieves

Pretty sure the people who tend to this are thieves. My family’s camper was broken into and our truck was stolen from this place. The people did not care or offer any help because they run a scam.

Nice Lake, but the Lake Ranger needs to ease up a bit!!

The lake was beautiful. The Lake Ranger not so much. From the beginning it seemed like he wanted us to know that he was in charge. He was quick to go over the rules with us.  Made sure to tell us to collect our dogs excrements, but we did not need to collect her urine.  🤦‍♀️ If you have kayaks and plan on staying several days I would not recommend this lake.  The boat ramp fee is $5 a day for each kayak.  We never used the boat ramp but still had to pay $45 (3 kayaks for 3 days).  Our fault for not checking beforehand. The Lake Ranger asked how we would like to pay. He offered credit card so we said yes. Apparently, it didn’t work and never tried to see what was wrong with it.  So thankfully we had enough cash. One day my son had just started fishing off the dock.  The Lake Ranger comes zooming up gets out of his truck walks past my husband and marches straight to my son. I call my sons name (we camped right next to the boat ramp) so that he knows this man is walking towards him. Again ignoring me he tells my son that fishing off the dock is not allowed.  There is not one sign that says no fishing off the dock.  But, if that is the rule that is ok. My son got up and came back to our campsite.  The thing is, he ignored two parents,  just so he could confront and exude his authority over an 11 year old.  That is not ok. I did enjoy my time there and like I said it was a pretty lake.  Although, bathrooms needed to cleaned. It’s a shame we wont be going back.

Gorgeous fall camping trip to Brooken

We stayed here for only one night but will definitely be back. Nice campsites with room between sites. Most sites have lake views and there is alit of access to the lake

Lake was a Blast

We had our kids from VIrginia meet up with us at Tenkiller State Park this summer. Each of my daughters families stayed in the Courtyard Cottage which is like a vintage motel. It was located in the trees which was nice but they were disappointed in the room itself.

We stayed in a pull through site with our RV. My sister and her husband were next to us and her daughter and husband next to them. We had space to play outdoor games and had a lot of fun.

The highlight tho was renting a pontoon boat at Pine Cove Marina and spending the afternoon playing in the lake. The marina staff was very accommodating for our special needs son. They assisted us in getting his wheelchair on the boat and he loved it. We brought our inner tube and spent the day splashing around, swimming and having lunch on the lake.

The pontoon was a welcome treat. We booked this campground because of the amazing pool area for kids. It had a way to wheel the wheelchair into the pool and great activities for the kids. The only issue was no one was ever there to open the pool. We were there 4 days and on the day before we left, a Saturday, someone came to let us in at 4. That was disappointing. This campground was good but it could be amazing if it had better management.

We’ll be back

We love state campgrounds & Greenleaf State Park is one of our faves. We also have an adult son in a wheelchair so we have to be careful about where we go. We want to be able to push him around and go on trails that are wheelchair friendly. This campground had that. They also have an accessible site that has a HUGE pad. We were in the middle of the tent camping area; but hey we had a good view of the water.

If you like fishing it has a heated fishing dock which is cool so you can fish in the winter when cold. They have cabins & RV areas. 2 dump stations. There is water hookup. We were at the bottom of a hill but I say wheelchair friendly because I was able to wheel our son around the loops, into the heated dock, over to the marina on paved roads.

At the top of the hill is a splash pad, community picnic area ball field and paved trails which a wheelchair can go down. We prefer the accessible sit at bottom of hill since it was near the lake.

Make reservations by visiting https://travelok.com

Weekend at Greenleaf

We had a great experience at Greenleaf last weekend! They moved us to a better site without even asking and the staff were very attentive and friendly. There is a lot to do, paddle boat and canoes, fish, splash pad, putt putt, sand volleyball court, basketball hoop etc. Lunch at the marina was tasty. We had a great time on the hike to the hanging bridge. We enjoyed this park a lot with our two young sons.

Gorgeous on lake

Quiet spacious, clean bathrooms with toilet paper and showers. Had a spot on the lake. Perfect.