The best TENT SITES camping near
Cushing , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Cushing Camping Reviews
All around happy camping

Stayed here for several days. Fun playground for the kids. Surrounded by water. Clean bathrooms. Season ends 10/26-no water but still has electricity. Host was helpful. Plenty of large wooded spots.

Clean Corps of Engineers Campground

This was our first trip with our new trailer. We wanted somewhere near home in case we forgot something.

Twin points is a clean, well-maintained campground on Skiatook Lake. Most of our neighbors also seemed to be from nearby towns. The only downside for us was the bugs! So many mosquitos, flies, and bees. Of course, one of the things we forgot to bring was insect repellent.

You'll want to bring at least 50' of water hose(probably more), as the spigots mostly seemed to be quite a distance from the pads. Also, bring a water hose splitter. Many sites share a single faucet.

Nice Corps of Engineers campground

You'll want to bring at least 50' of water hose (probably more), as the spigots mostly seemed to be quite a distance from the pads. Also, bring a water hose splitter. Many sites share a single faucet.

Perfect little find!

Okemah City Lake Campground was a nice find for our road trip back home. Price was great we ended up staying an extra day. Only complaint was there was a lot of exposed barb wire and rebarb randomly but would stay here again if in the area. (Home for us is WNC) camp host was super nice. We stayed at a primitive site (only 4 in campground) meaning no water on site and no power. We hammock camped and had several tree options. Park does have a shower house in center and a separate bathroom building near boat ramp, swimming area.

Depends on the Time of Year

I write this review as an observer.  I live in the area.  The park is gated (un-maned) and access is not restricted.  There is a outhouse with water.  They have made some improvements in the last few years but this area used to gather a lot of riff-raff.   The other camp located just a short distance away is gated (Maned) and the sites all have water and electric.  If your on a budge this place is great.  If you want to feel a bit more secure, I recommend the other camp!  I would not recommend this as a family vacation site.

Small and quite

It is a nice little campground that has R.V. camping and tent camping. We like camping here because the campsite is next to the shore. There are some nice camping spots under shade trees. When you want to cool off you can just walk from your campsite to the water and get in and cool off. However don't wear white when you go swimming because after you go swimming white cloths turn orange. It does have a swim beach but we like to swim privately at camp. The fishing is pretty good. There is a playground and restrooms with showers. They only have about 25 campsites that are 1st come 1st serve. Getting a campsite near holidays like the 4th of July is almost impossible unless you go days early to get a spot. The campsites have picnic tables, grills and a fire ring. They also have trails for riding horses. Camping with electric is $18.00 Senior citizens (55 and up) and disabled citizens is $15.00 Primitive camping is$8.00

Extremely Peaceful & Beautiful!

What a great small lake and campgrounds! Most sites are well spaced and the different site areas are so well spaced out, it was easy to get some privacy. The grounds were pretty clean. RV sites have water and electric but did not see any sewer hookups, but maybe we missed it. Has a dump station, but not the best I’ve seen. May want to drive into Okemah if you have a weak stomach, but no idea if that one was better. Views were fantastic. Some sites are level, some require a bit more work to level. There was plenty of shade to stay cool and you can have your choice between concrete pad, gravel or just go primitive. There were play equipment from my childhood that built character and made me remember the good old days. Never went in the public bathrooms. Did a lot of kayaking, walking the grounds and swimming and everyone was super courteous, especially those who rode in bass boats near us while we were kayaking. Definitely would go back.

Not a big place to camp

Lake Sahoma has very few spots to camp and they are right off the main road so cars drive by often. If you love fishing, this is the lake for you. This lake is strictly for fishing. I guess you could kayak but there’s lots of trees in the water so you’d have to watch out for those. There a a few docks for fishing but you have to have a trout license. There is a area just up the road you can fish with a regular fishing license and be fine. They do drive by and check to see if you have a fishing license. I prefer places I can hike and play in the water so this isn’t really a lake for me.

Smaller campground

I prefer to stay here when I go to Skiatook lake because it is a smaller campground. There are bathrooms that are a pretty short walk from all the campsites. You can hike thru the woods, across the road and down to an area that has bluffs you can jump from, although this is frowned upon 😅. There’s plenty of wood you can collect for a fire. Each site has a picnic table and grill. I think the best site is the first one as you pull in. It is a little bit further apart than the rest and right on the water.

Nice area

There are 2 lakes side by side. We drove thru to the different camp grounds and the hiking trails. Ended up spending the afternoon hiking and swimming in a pull off area. We would like to go camping next time. There are several areas with camping. The furthest spot seemed to have the most spots and more RVs than anything. The area before that was all tents and all shade which would be nice in the summer!