Camping in Carl

8 Reviews of 2 Carl, Oklahoma Campgrounds

Crystal C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Wonderful Beach, Partially Closed For Construction

When I visited the park I was very excited having seen some of the trails and also the lodge area.    Unfortunately much of that was closed as a result of improvement projects, sadly limiting some of the things which were accessible to me upon my visit.   I instead settled into a campsite and…

Matt B.
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2020

Nice place

Good park lots of hiking, boating, wildlife, Nice spots,some have full hookups and some don’t,I’d go back

Sandra D.
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2019

Would recommend anyone to go check it out. Take some cash they have peddle boats and kayaks you can rent and a little fun park with carnival type ride and water slides.

• Friendly wildlife at the little grocery store at the park
Jeremy H.
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2019

The Gem of Oklahoma

When we were traveling the southeast last summer we found no better camping area than this one. It was free, had showers, and was next to a perfect lake to paddle board and hike around. There were playgrounds, a dock, and a nice trail around the lake. We would stay here anytime and recommend anyone…

Richard The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2019

Really nice place

We stayed at the lodge. Nice rooms. Really good restaurant. Nice hiking trails. Haven’t stayed at a campsite though.

Janna R.
Reviewed May. 22, 2019

Great area, lots of things to do

We camped here in May 2019 in the tent camping area right on the river, just below the dam.   There is no electricity for the tent sites.  There is water, but not at every tent site.  Each tent site had a picnic table, fire ring and grill.  This campsite caters to RV's and it looks like several of…

L
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2018

Pretty, FREE park

What’s better than parking overnight at a gorgeous lake? Parking there for FREE with an electric hookup. Plus the town has a great Route 66/Old Town Museum for cheap too! A great find!

S
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2018

Cute park but could be dangerous

There’s about 5 free RV pads with hookups, and 4 tent camping areas. Regular restrooms with a shower in both the men and woman’s; however, there is only one. Not long after setting up our tent a few homeless people came up asking for money and a woman from the local shelter showed up to bring…