The best BOAT IN camping near
Allen , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Allen Camping Reviews
Decent for the area

Ranger was very serious about his job but super nice and you can tell he really cares for the space. Bathrooms were a little beat up but shower was hot and with good water pressure. No problems accessing in 32’ motorhome towing a car. Market at end of road with nice little town nearby if you need to get provisions.

Nice Lake, but the Lake Ranger needs to ease up a bit!!

The lake was beautiful. The Lake Ranger not so much. From the beginning it seemed like he wanted us to know that he was in charge. He was quick to go over the rules with us.  Made sure to tell us to collect our dogs excrements, but we did not need to collect her urine.  🤦‍♀️ If you have kayaks and plan on staying several days I would not recommend this lake.  The boat ramp fee is $5 a day for each kayak.  We never used the boat ramp but still had to pay $45 (3 kayaks for 3 days).  Our fault for not checking beforehand. The Lake Ranger asked how we would like to pay. He offered credit card so we said yes. Apparently, it didn’t work and never tried to see what was wrong with it.  So thankfully we had enough cash. One day my son had just started fishing off the dock.  The Lake Ranger comes zooming up gets out of his truck walks past my husband and marches straight to my son. I call my sons name (we camped right next to the boat ramp) so that he knows this man is walking towards him. Again ignoring me he tells my son that fishing off the dock is not allowed.  There is not one sign that says no fishing off the dock.  But, if that is the rule that is ok. My son got up and came back to our campsite.  The thing is, he ignored two parents,  just so he could confront and exude his authority over an 11 year old.  That is not ok. I did enjoy my time there and like I said it was a pretty lake.  Although, bathrooms needed to cleaned. It’s a shame we wont be going back.

Perfect little find!

Okemah City Lake Campground was a nice find for our road trip back home. Price was great we ended up staying an extra day. Only complaint was there was a lot of exposed barb wire and rebarb randomly but would stay here again if in the area. (Home for us is WNC) camp host was super nice. We stayed at a primitive site (only 4 in campground) meaning no water on site and no power. We hammock camped and had several tree options. Park does have a shower house in center and a separate bathroom building near boat ramp, swimming area.

Extremely Peaceful & Beautiful!

What a great small lake and campgrounds! Most sites are well spaced and the different site areas are so well spaced out, it was easy to get some privacy. The grounds were pretty clean. RV sites have water and electric but did not see any sewer hookups, but maybe we missed it. Has a dump station, but not the best I’ve seen. May want to drive into Okemah if you have a weak stomach, but no idea if that one was better. Views were fantastic. Some sites are level, some require a bit more work to level. There was plenty of shade to stay cool and you can have your choice between concrete pad, gravel or just go primitive. There were play equipment from my childhood that built character and made me remember the good old days. Never went in the public bathrooms. Did a lot of kayaking, walking the grounds and swimming and everyone was super courteous, especially those who rode in bass boats near us while we were kayaking. Definitely would go back.

Way too packed and littered

I’ve tried to like sulphur but I don’t. It’s a beautiful area but extremely crowded and oh so noisy. The gorgeous pictures you see of the waterfalls aren’t like that. They are lined with people sitting on them. We had to hike downstream quite a ways to get away from every one. Will not be returning.

I’d drive three days to get here!

Happened upon this campground on our way from Tucson to Cleveland, OH. OH MY!!!! Site right on the lake and during the week no one else in area A. Cement pads for RVs. Boat ramp nearby so watched a few fishing boats launch. Dogs lived it. One was in the water before we unhooked the camper!!! Have arranged for our son from CA to meet us there for a week next Sept. so yes we will drive thee days to come back here next year!

Very Impressed

Family and I stayed here for the weekend and were very pleased with the amenities and upkeep of the campgrounds. The concrete pad made for easy set up the trailer. The beaches were no different with easy access and well kept shores. One of the nicest campgrounds in the area. The only con would be the lack of cell service. For some, this may not be a big deal and for us it was nice to have a break from the world, but there were moments where some type of connection would have been nice. This is by far a family favorite and a place we look forward to going back to.

A great small lake

We stayed in RV spot A3 and had friends staying in A1 and A2. The park ranger is very pleasant. The lake was very calm Saturday morning. It was a great place to relax.

Nice small lake

Nice lake it is a smaller lake but still has some nice RV hookups as well as primitive camping it has toilets and showers they are so so, everything else though is really nice there is a big pavilion and a couple of smaller ones. It is a boating friendly lake jet skis a well. It has a decent little playground and a swimming area, course you can swim around your campsite as well.