Camping in Shaw

25 Reviews of 4 Shaw, Minnesota Campgrounds

Rachel B.
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2021

Amnicon falls tent site

I think it was great overall. Campsite ground is really fine and dusty dirt and some gravel. Highway was really loud at night. Otherwise hiking was fun and water was low so we could walk in many parts of the river which was great for my kids and I. Be careful of flashlight use at night, campsites…

Terry N.
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

When my Girlfriend and I went there we felt like a burden to Management

Don't waste your time here, unfriendly Management,they try to avoid you as best they can

Sitewe couldn't get a site,too many seasonal camp areas taken up by year round campers,we don't bother even calling or knocking on their doors
Al J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Just ok

Pulled over here for a quick stay. It is close to the freeway is about it. Not really what I would be looking for, for an extended stay. It was fine for an easy come and go. Facilities were clean.

SmallRVLifestyle V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2020

Another Waterfall Campground

The campground was fine, just like other campgrounds in the area, in the forest. I spent only one night here with my RV, and it was raining all day, which really ruined my time here. The next morning I did see the falls. The falls are pretty close to a lower parking area. A trail also leads to it…

• Play button icon
S
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2020

Worth The Drive

This is a small campground with about 35 sites, most fairly private. We were here mid week just before Labor Day and there were only a handful of other campers. It was very quiet, aside from highway and occasional train noise. The hiking here is beautiful and relatively easy. And, it's close to…

Reviewed Aug. 8, 2020

Woodsy!!!

This park has a lot to offer. Nice woodsy spots, plenty of restrooms and showers, and a bar/restaurant!! Tents sports are also really nice. Close to downtown Duluth (10 mins.)

Jace S.
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2020

Hidden Gem

The campsites are fairly close together and the highway can be heard, but they are tucked away from the main attraction a decent bit. However, you can easily hike to the trails and falls easily. The sites are very roomy and tucked into the pines. With the highway being right there, this makes a…

Reviewed Jul. 26, 2020

Woodsy and quiet

We love it here. Sites are nice size, with trees. Trees all around. And a bonus — a bar/restaurant. We would come here again for sure

D
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2020

We wanted a weekend away in Duluth and this was a great spot to be close. The campground is really nice. The only reason it’s a 4 star and not a 5 star is because of the firewood. $8 per bundle for wet wood. We had to go to the gas station to get dry wood. I will stay here again.

Tony E.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2020

Decent campground

This is a standard campground. Not quite KOA like but the sites are decently close together. A little hiking in close area but if you're willing to drive a bit there is tons to do. I would recommend this campsite

A
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2020

Perfect Pit Stop

This wonderful camp sight is the perfect pit stop off of US-2 with beautiful hiking trails and waterfalls. It is clean and well taken care of making it the perfect place to stop.

Reviewed Jun. 27, 2020

Great campground

Great campground with great views. Bathrooms are nice and clean. With in walking distance from Main Street.

Erick R.
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2020

Good Location

We spent a weekend here last October & I was pretty happy with the accommodations. I could have firewood delivered right to my site which was a nice convenience. The showers were not free, so that was a little annoying. However, the bathrooms & showers were nice & clean. There is a…

Cassandra F.
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2020

Family Friendly!

This campground is a great place for anyone and is especially great for those with young children. Direct access to A great beach, plenty of space to safely roam, and a park to play in.

Reviewed Sep. 12, 2019

Would stay again

Cool view looking over a nice lake, has a playground for the kids