Hyman , TEXAS

Most Recent Hyman Camping Reviews
Simple, peaceful, great sunsets

We only had a one night stopover here on the way from Dallas to Lubbock but truly enjoyed it. The owner got us backed in and then returned with some peaches for us later on. Made us feel right at home and we will definitely return!

Very nice host

The park was not too far off the highway, so traffic noise was prevalent, but after dark it wasn't bad. The owner/host personally helped us to our site and assisted with hook-ups. He said he had plans to enlarge the park. Nice enough for an overnighter, and we would use it again.

Nice Park. Great Value

Nice Park. Good distance between sites. Only minor complaints. Sites aren't too level and bring bug spray. Otherwise great, clean and comfortable. Be careful of the winds when driving in this area, especially on the interstate.

Breathtaking Views

We used this for a one night pass thru but I would have loved to spent the week. Gorgeous views, and a perk, perfect weather. The night sky is amazing, facilities clean and well kept. Restrooms and showers were in good repair. Electric and water hook-ups with a dump station at exit. Site was a level back-in spot with covered picnic table. Not a lot of shade available at our site but some had more. I would most definitely stay here again to enjoy the state park.

OK for a night travelling

300 yds off the freeway so it's kinda noisy. It's better than a rest stop tho. $42 a night, 30/50amp and full hookups. Laundry, showers and bathrooms onsite. Hosts are hard to contact after 5.

Perfect spot to stop overnight with your big rv/trailer.

We just stopped for a night at the fork, tons of room and quiet but very windy

Good for overnight stop

This state park was clean and well maintained, and nothing wrong with it. But for me personally, it’s more of a “stopping off/overnight” park rather than a destination. We stayed overnight on our way from DFW to Davis Mountains State Park. The sites were spacious, but not too shaded, so be sure to bring a pop-up canopy if there during hot months.

Short stay

We just stayed one day in this place, pretty nice, we could see the lake from the window of our RV, had a nice little trail behind our campsite, but we could not explore like we like . But I would go back there again for a few days if I have a chance. June 23 to 24. 2020

Check for burn ban before you book!

Stayed in the RV site, and everything was as expected. Grounds were kept, clean, and over all park was pretty quite in the evening. My only complaint was that there was a burn ban that we didn't find out about till we arrived. I booked online, via the state parks website. Other parks in the region had a notice advising about the burn ban. This one did not, so I assumed camp fires were permitted. We cooked hot dogs and burgers on a propane stove that night. Total bummer. Otherwise, the camping was great.

Overnight Family Camping

We stayed overnight in June of 2020. The campground was pretty full but the spots in the loop we stayed in were far enough apart. We did have a few people ask to go through our campsite to access the area behind us to get to the trail. The bathrooms have a shower and toilets and were so clean! The campsites all had a tree (but some of them were very small!), concrete pad with awning and picnic table and water spigots!

They were under a fire-ban so we used our camp stove.