Flo , TEXAS

Most Recent Flo Camping Reviews
Fisherman Paradise....Not for Everyone

The front guardhouse/entrance is extra campy. Low light and decorated with 69 yo 74lb catch pictures. This is by far the most fisherman geared Texas State Park we have been to and it's our 12th!

The playground is nicer than expected. The tr ails are well-marked.

A quirk of this park are the neighbors. You drive by 8 plus mailboxes while inside the State Park. An abandoned home half collapsed is seen from the roadway. So that's unique.

Beautiful and generally well kept. It's an older style but they have a newer playground area next to the old one.

For a family I give this a 2. For Fisherman a 5. For everyone else a 3.

Awesome campground

Always clean, quiet and very friendly staff.

👍

I spent one night over there we enjoy it me and my dog had some breakfast in the morning stay until about 1 PM and then we win unexplored around, and then enjoy some off roads. I be back.

Tiny campground in the pines

We have camped here twice, both times in winter. In 2007 and 2017. Last time was over Christmas break and our group were the only ones in the park other than a few daytime visitors. 2020 has definitely changed that! 😂 When we were there last the water heater in the bathroom wasn’t working so the water was freezing 🥶 temperatures were in the 40’s. I just love the smell of the piney woods and when the sky is clear the stars are bright.

In my top 10

This is one of our favorite campgrounds due to the sense woods, well spaced campsites, clean family style bathrooms, and activities such as hiking, fishing, and swimming. Highly recommend!

Great 5 day stay.

Really enjoyed this campground. Some beautiful hikes and all but one site people really appear to not leave any trash. The forest service road to get to the campground is pretty level and appears you could get an rv or pull behind through it. Plenty of turn around space at multiple sites. I'd suggest getting here with some daylight to find a site if coming on a weekend. I would suggest getting firewood in Alto(15 minutes away) at Custom Cut Lumber. You can get pine firewood at 20 bucks a pickup load. It's self load but a really great deal.

One of my favorite Texas State Parks!

On our spring 2017 RV adventure we spent two nights RV camping at Fairfield Lake State Park. Fairfield Lake State Park is such a beautiful place to camp, fish and swim. We realy enjoy this stunning park! The campground at Fairfield Lake State Park is heavily treed and very well shaded. Thanks to being located on a power plant lake Fairfield Lake State Park has great fishing! Stocked with Red Drum, Bass, catfish and even Blue Tilapia there is a fish for everyone! Fairfield Lake State Park is one of my favorite Texas State Parks! You will not regret spending any amount of time visiting Fairfield Lake State Park.

I have several videos of this great park on my YouTube ….DudeRV.com

Quaint Wooded Poorly Maintained Campground

This is an X-Texas State Park that really needs some overdue TLC.

After making reservations over the phone 163 days prior to arriving and prepaying the entire amount, we were told at check-in there was no record of our reservation. Once we got through that confusion we were had to ask for directions to the campground. No map provided. Even with a reservation campsite are selected once you arrive and drive through the campsite. FHU loop roadway was difficult to maneuver due to the roadway being covered with pine needles which blended it into the non-roadway. We saw most people driving thru campsites thinking it was the road as the FHU loop were mostly pull-thru sites. Limited sites for RVs longer than 30 feet. Most sites were designed for 20 feet or smaller. Not a slide-out friendly campground as most sites were very compact. Minimal vegetation between sites. At our site the wooden picnic table was partially rotted. Parking pad broken up by roots so very uneven surface. The firepit ring was mostly rusted away and was completely filled with ash so our fire was on the pi ash. Sulphuric smelling water. Highway noise. On our last night, the 30 amp breaker kept tripping without a full load. Happened twice within an hour so we scaled back our amp use under 20 just to have some heat during the night. Campground WiFi was probably one of the best we’ve experienced.

Highway noise even in our campsite the furthest from the highway.  Of course, lots of train whistles during depot operations.

Limited tent sites

We went to check this place out to reserve for a family camp trip. The grounds are clean and spacious. They have wonderful cabins and RV sites. The only have 5 tent sites. There are no tent pads and the sites are on a small hill. The picnic tables are limited and not every tent site has one. There are no fire rings so it’s a little unnerving building a fire on the grass. The lake and marina is wonderful and clean. They have all sorts of thing to do there. Kayak rentals, fishing charters, a cute little cafe. This is a place I would come to rent a cabin but not to tent camp!

Year 2021 Flag