Welch , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Welch Camping Reviews
Wonderful lake escape

I love camping here close to everything but yet secluded. Great Lake for water sports, plenty of privacy and always clean and well taken care of. Spot 33 is my favorite it’s hard to get so obviously it’s others as well.

Nice camping close to home

Wonderful, great to have a nice camping area with hook ups right out of town for those quick trips and to assist with that “get away feeling”. Nice little lake to fish in and good disc golf course.

Just pretty close to perfect

‘‘This Campground has sections. The one group is the (Sentury) Indian, and the second loop is the Eagle Point Fox loop. We were at the Sentry loop. We liked site 71 in that loop. It offered the most space and was a full hook up. That is one of the best things about this campground. Several full hookups. Boat ramp was nice. Not great but ok for kayaking. Nice swim beach. Campground host we met was not very friendly or helpful.

Good camping sites and hiking trails

I grew up in Oologah and spent many many nights camping here. The camping sites are good and close to restrooms, there is a nice sandy beach for swimming, a long rocky shoreline that is fun to explore and hunt shells, you can go fishing, boating, kayaking, visit goat island, the hiking trails are nice although I have been a couple of times and had a TON of ticks but not very often. There a lot to do!

Bring on the Deet!

Had an awesome hike, more incline/decline than I was expecting for the area! The caves were closed off due to walkway damage. Loved the lookout over the Missouri River! One less fun but not trip ruining detail, were the ticks. I went in August and they were pretty bad, tons on our legs and on my dog just from the hike. Next time I'll be prepared with deet!

Nice Quiet Campground

We were in site #31 with is right across from the fishing dock and close to a potable water source. The Campground is very shaded and the spot was large and easy to back in to with our 33' TT. The fishing dock was very spacious and secure for us and the grandkids we love everything about the park, except. The site did not have a dedicated water hook up. We had to buy a 75' hose to put water in our fresh tank. Not a huge deal. #2 complaint is that the site was slanted so much that we could not get level front to back. We moved a couple of times and tried all combination of stacking lumber under the tongue jack but still had to sleep with our heads at the foot end of our bed. Still not a huge deal. We'd go back and if #31 is the only site available we'll take it.

Solace

Quiet and friendly area and clean

Wonderful little park!

My wife and I had stayed here a couple of years ago, but we didn't get a lot of time to explore the place back then. We got in late and weather forced us out early, as we were not properly prepared. (Were still new to camping at the time)

Recently our friends suggested this park as a close and easy place to camp as a group and I couldn't have been more pleased! The site that we had was more than enough room for 4 adults, 3 kids and a dog. We had 2 cars, two tents, a canopy and the dog on a tie out leash and still had plenty of room for the kids to play and run without interfering with other campsites. The swim beach was well kept and easily accessible with free life jacket loaners. The bathrooms were pretty spotless even though they are primitive style toilets only. The grounds were well kept, clean and spacious. They offer fishing docks, boat launches, plenty of bank to fish from as well as small playground equipment in a few places for the kids. Definitely one of our "close to home, quick overnight" favorites and we will be back very soon!

Lifetime Camper

I love the this campsite! Been going here since I was young! Easy access to everything, close to town, and literally the easiest site at this campsite to give directions to! The couple that runs this is literally the sweetest! ❤️ They've been running it since i was little and they stay ON SITE, so if you have an emergency.. they are there. Love it! 100% recommend 😊

Great Family Off-Road Park!

My son ended up breaking our side by side the first day we got there and The owner Russ Hogan went out of his way to try to find someone to help fix it. His off road park is perfect for those of all levels and then it leads out to the State Park where there’s tons more to ride! He is a veteran with a heart of gold but doesn’t like any funny business. I will definitely be back with our family!