The best GROUP camping near
Sayre , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Sayre Camping Reviews
Quiet respite!

Ducking off i-40 to the North, Foss State Park was a great place to stay the night. Larger town of Clinton, just SE of the park.
Concrete pads, water, 50 amp, picnic table and a great (grate) fireplace. Small trees shade the pads. Dark night sky, except for small city lights to the North. The communication from the Park station was pleasant and responsive to inquiry. A little windy, but typical for OK. Worth the short drive from i-40.

Foss State Park

We tent camped at Foss State Park in August 2020. We stayed at the Cottonwood campground site #6. All the tent sites were very spacious. There was a picnic table and grill and a water faucet nearby. The sites were nice and grassy and mowed. The bathroom was nice and clean with individual showers, each with their own door. So they were nice and private. Some of the old reviews mention needing quarters for the showers but they are now free. The playground was new and the kids had fun playing on it. The RV spots were a little crowded on the backside of the campground but pretty spread out closer to the entrance. We drove through the Sandy Beach campground and it seemed nice and secluded but the picnic tables were a little run down. The playground was really old too. But I think the bathroom was newer. Also, there was no sandy beach in this area. 🧐

The swim beach was nice and sandy. Much better than a lot of Oklahoma lakes. But like most lakes in Oklahoma, the water was super muddy.

There are two cabins for rent here. They looked pretty new as well. They have a marina and I believe you can rent boats but we never checked it out.

Overall, I definitely recommend Foss. It was a nice family friendly park to visit.

Beautiful location

We read a few reviews about distance between campers but we though even if full I would not describe it as a parking lot campground. The sites have green space and trees between them but the lake is superb. We are here on a Monday so there are only 4 other campers. It is peaceful and quiet. The sunset awesome. I would recommend a stay here.

Lovely State Park with Lots to Do

We only spent one night at the Cottonwood Campground here and would go back in a heartbeat.  Sure, the facilities were old and buggy and I didn't even want to shower there, but the park has enough to keep me interested in coming back!

Nice 'heart healthy' trail off of Cottonwood that was about a mile long.  The park is huge and really needed to be explored more. Some great birding!

Fun with family and friends

Full hookups, quiet campground

Spacious Grassy Campsite

We stayed in the cottonwood campground with RVs and tent sites. Our campsite was vet spacious for me the baby and the dogggos. We went camping for my daughters 2nd birthday anencephaly had a blast!  Had a great time at the sandy beach and hiking the trails.

Had a good time

Camped in RV area nice lake and camp hrounds

Cottonwood Section Dissappointing

This rating is for the Cottonwood section of Foss State Park. It was a very disappointing stay. We stayed in the full hookup section of this area. You can literally touch the camper next to you due to the cramped sites. The neighbors sewer hookup ran under our awning. The grass is almost knee high all around here even at the site. This section is not maintained at all. Lots of people partying late nearby as well. The tent camp section was bad as well. Grass so high it was almost 18 inches tall. This section is nowhere near the lake. I hope the other sections of the campground are better. AT&T cell service was unusable due to weak signal. Verizon was good.

Would recommend anyone to go check it out. Take some cash they have peddle boats and kayaks you can rent and a little fun park with carnival type ride and water slides.

Really nice place

We stayed at the lodge. Nice rooms. Really good restaurant. Nice hiking trails. Haven’t stayed at a campsite though.