Camping in Iron Post

42 Reviews of 11 Iron Post, Oklahoma Campgrounds

Julie H.
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Nice lake for boating

We did fine tent camping but nothing for electric hook ups. The swimming areas were nice and it was perfect for our boat!!

Sitewe only brought the boat this time
L
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

Weird

Really nice campground, but the campers themselves gave a very strange vibe. In the area where there is tent camping there appeared to be people who were possibly living there full time. One car was broken down and crashed, another had tickets, and one camper had a cot, lots of stuff strewn about,…

Brian V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Great for family or overnight

Great Corp of Engineers park. Very reasonably priced. Lots of families with children playing in the lake.

Ken T.
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Great camping experience.

The whole place was well kept, clean, and inviting. We only stayed one night for my boys first camping trip, but it delivered. Campsite had water access and basic needs (table, fire pit, and a parking spot). Quiet at night, patrolled regularly. Fun, nice, trip.

Sitecampsite 224
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Nice sites, not so nice facilities

The night we spent here, we were the only ones in that whole section of the campground, so we had the whole place to ourselves.  The campsite was nice -- next to the lake, spacious, and clean.  The only toilet was infested with wasps, so we weren't able to use it.  But the night skies were gorgeous.

Month of VisitDecember
Rachel C.
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Very quiet and relaxing

I stayed at Wes watkins tent campground for three weeks.. it was completely relaxing and quiet. The park staff was very friendly and helpful with anything that I needed. Thank you

SiteI stayed at camp site 19
a
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great place!

Great place but don’t show up and expect to camp. All camping is by prepaid reservations only by calling city hall 918 623 1050. This is the only way you can camp here per new policy and camping must be prepaid when reservations are made.

Kelly Anne  M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Not as nice as parks out West

Not as nice as other parks along our i40 route from CA to GA, but hospitality was great and appreciated the kindness of the folks who manage this property. Little sketchy of the red/brown lake water to swim in and the bugs are massive compared to the desert. Lol but we loved the lush forests,…

D
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Nice secluded spot

We stayed at site 31. It was on the side with the bluffs. Beautiful sunset overlooking the lake. Trees separated us from the next campsites. It's very primitive so bring plenty of water.

Sandy O.
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2021

Nice place

I enjoyed my stay.  I was able to get in even though I didn't make a reservation.  I might add that most gov run camps now require online booking and payment.  Some of the sites are small and would be hard to get a larger RV into so you might want to call the keepers and ask about that.  Nice…

Month of VisitApril
R
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2021

Sketchy

Called and made phone reservation 3-1/2 months in advance. Half an hour later we got online, and found reviews saying people were having their cars broken into, and other things that made us uncomfortable. We called back and were told that deposits are non-refundable, and that that information is…

Lisa P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2021

Clean and peaceful!

Beautiful sunset views and nice, spacious, clean campsites all with fire pits with attached grill! The price per site/night allows for two tents on one site! Concrete picnic tables at every site make it nice for large groups and for board games.

SiteSite #13
Month of VisitApril
Stephen R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2020

Great little spot for the hunters.

I live a short drive away in Tulsa, but when hunting season started, this is where I stayed on the weekends. Lots of WMA land to be explored, the park is nice and quiet with beautiful surroundings and a smaller, peaceful lake to enjoy.

N
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2020

Nice park

Showers and laundry were not 24 hours

Rachel H.
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2020

Unhelpful, must have a reservation

Be aware, you will not be allowed into the park without a prior reservation. My husband and I came late into the area and needed a place to sleep. The website did not say that reservations were REQUIRED, just that they were available. The attendant would not let me make a quick reservation on my…