The best TENT SITES camping near
Slabtown , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Slabtown Camping Reviews
Cute and wooded, well maintained

We just stopped as we are passing through. Bathrooms and showers were clean. Smaller campsites with lots of trees. Could use some updated picnic tables but not bad. The rest of the campground was well maintained. Looked like there was a lot to do for longer stays. I’d definitely use this place again.

Short stop

Nice campground. Typical KOA, which was what we needed! Friendly, clean, helpful!

Nice quiet and clean

Stayed here in February so no bugs like the other mentioned. Nice large mostly level spots, which most spots are right on river, great covered picnic table, extra large fire pits and a grill for each site. About 15 mins from downtown, which has a ton to do.

So pretty but reservations a bummer

No reservations available & no shower house which are a bummer.

However, we got in just in time before a rush of other RVs. Picked site 41 & it’s perfect. Full hook up, perfect trees for lights, and a grill. No fire pit ring which is a bummer though.

The campground is beautiful. Hiked up the gorge today & was not disappointed.

I can’t imagine what this place is like when the weather is warmer…I’m sure it’s a packed mess, so happy we got to experience it in cooler temps.

Unfortunately though the spring bath houses are closed Jan 25- Feb 4 for park service maintenance. Bummer!

Shakedown cruise for my Basecamp

First trip with my new Airstream and couldn’t be happier. Came to this KOA to test the new camper out for a few days before wandering deeper into the wilds. Kinda want to stay. Very cozy and feels like you’re in the woods. Clean and fairly quiet; the highway doesn’t sound as close as you’d think and we barely noticed any road sounds.

Will certainly be returning.

Great Campground

We stay during the cooler months. Easy access to the river trail cycling.

Amazing camping!

Kid friendly. Great upkeep and sites that are easily accessible. Playground, splash pad, and pool. We were not able to access the pool because of the time of year, but we will definitely be back in warmer weather. Staff super friendly. Not one complaint.

Solid

Not the most stunning campground ever, however, I loved it! It was a great set up, plenty of bathrooms (no showers tho), set in a beautiful gorge with a beautiful creek. If you’re lucky enough you can get a site right next to the creek! Only around 40 sites total - they’re all RV compatible. I’m a tent camper personally. You’re right at a trailhead that connects with a vast network of trails taking you deeper into the mountains or directly to the actual hot springs, bath houses, and the historic area. If you want to drive to those places it’s a 7 minute drive.
Only a few cons. Not every campsite has a fit ring, there’s a heavily used road right by the campground thats on a hill so there’s some unfortunate revved engine noise pretty regularly, and there’s only about 10-15 campsites by the river.
I look forward to going back soon!

Great park opening back in March 2021

Great place nice sites good fishing they have been repairing since it flooded they told me it would open up in March 2021

Maumelle Campground

Camped here at a tent site. Clean heated bathrooms with a shower, and we had a great spot on the river! No complaints, good spot while driving through Little Rock on a road trip!