Ouachita Lake, ARKANSAS

Camping Arkansas Ouachita Lake
Most Recent Ouachita Lake Camping Reviews
Nice stop

Loop A $20 for full hookup, Loop B $15 for regular. Hot showers in A, cold in B; but you can use either. Be careful how close you are to the wash house in B; the halogen light outside humms all night. Camp host WILL make sure you follow the rules, including paying. Price seems a little steep for a forest service campground, and the price is the same all year(even during the slow season). Overall, seems well kept, nice amenities, but a little princely if you’re just looking to set your tent for the night. Also, the ouchita trail runs right next to the camp.

Very Nice Campground

Located on Lake Catherine in Hot Springs, AR. This privately owned campground has it all: level paved camping pads, 30/50 amp electrical hookups, sewer, cable, picnic tables, fire rings and grilling stations. Several sites are located right on the waterfront of Lake Catherine. They have some of the nicest showers/bathrooms I’ve ever seen in a park! Lake access, water toy rentals, swimming pool, and a zip line! Easy access to downtown Hot Springs. Not many mature trees and campsites are close, but large size to accommodate any sized rigs. We enjoyed our stay there.

So many cool rocks!

We had a great time camping at petit jean! We went on a few of the easier hikes but they were so great with such cool sights to see like turtle rocks, Indian rock cave, carpet rocks & bear cave.

Close to town and quiet

Good WiFi. Clean facilities. 10 min from everything. We chose this vs the National Park just down the road because of showers for a few $ more… Also, no cell signal at the park, but here it was fine. Great food and beverages in Hot Springs

Well maintained, Friendly, Beautiful

I arrived at my campground - site 68 in Loop D to realize I booked a site right next to the road. I was the only camper that night so the rangers kindly let me switch to a site that was more secluded. The flush toilets and showers that were well maintained. The showers had spiders in them, as everywhere in the south, but they were a great treat after a very sweaty night of sleep.

The gorgeous lake was a nice walk from my site. There is a roped-off swimming area available. I admittingly swam/floated outside of the roped-off area because it was very small. I noticed volleyball nets near the lake, some chairs, a dock for boats nearby.

Wifi at the ranger station.

site included:

tent pad

picnic table

Hook thing to hand lantern light or whatever you please.

Clean, flat, and beautiful tent camping at campsite 61

I tent camped at site 61 in 2015:

• We were pretty close to all the amenities and the campsite checkin/store
  • There is a nice, flat tent pad
  • Grill and fire ring were nice
  • Paved driveup spot
  • It wasn't very crowded; the two sites across from us filled up, but that was about it

I would 100% stay at this site again.

Only liked close access to trails and creek.

Not a great campground if you’re looking to be in peace and quiet. Very close to the city & very crowded due to convenience of trail heads. Clean bathrooms though 😌

Great place when not too busy

This campground is very big & offer MANY campsites. My personal favorite was #53. Great 180 view of the lake and nice trees to hang a hammock on. Picnic tables, electric & fire ring all at sites. Hot showers are available! The camp staff was VERY polite upon our arrival. The only con was that the sites are very close to each other so if the campground was full it wouldn’t be as private & nice. Overall enjoyed my stay!

Lots of water access!

Our first time at Lake Catherine was great! We had an awesome water site and views of the lake! The campground was packed full. I typically like to have a little more privacy when we camp, but close neighbors are worth it at this park. The bathrooms have not been renovated yet like many other AR state Parks, but they were still nice and clean. The marina offers several rentals from boats, kayaks to paddle boards. We rented a few Jackson Kayaks (they are so nice!) for the day and paddled the right up to our campsite. We also kayaked to the waterfall and then took the actual hiking trail to the waterfall. Great time had by our camping group! (Sites 28 & 30)

Highly recommend

Lake Catherine State Park was absolutely beautiful! Well priced with full hook ups, lots of space and beautiful views. Plus it's still plenty close to Hot Springs. Hiking was gorgeous but depending on which route you take it can be kind of long. The waterfall was beautiful and worth seeing.

Best place to relax

After accidentally finding this campground because the popular campgrounds around were booked solid…well we go every year now. It’s a wonderful place to relax and find crystals along the shore line of the lake. The views are beautiful

So great we’ve taken the 8-hours-one-way drive twice in 6 weeks!

Pros: This campground has it all- great creek, incredible hiking up and over into Hot Springs, nearby disc golf course that is the best we have seen, close to all the attractions, level asphalt pads, water and power (and i think also sewer?) privacy between sites (trees, bushes) great fire pit/with cooking grate AND a grill at our site (25 is awesome), bath house with sinks and toilets ONLY

Cons: you can’t stay forever, no showers

Pro tip: eat at Superior! Great brewery/restaurant, friendly staff!

Great park

This is a great park. Never too crowded and the staff is super friendly. Nice quiet place to relax.

This campground is beautiful, the RV sites on the lake front are clean,

This park is beautiful, wooded, many amenities.  There are lakefront, lake view, and other sites. There are full hookup, electric and water only, and tent areas. There are cabins, a lodge, and an amphitheater. The lake is beautiful. There is plenty of wildlife, including deer, squirrels, and others.  It is located near Hot Springs to the north,  I 30 to the south. Garman Gardens is near. There seems to be a nice breeze most of the time. Our only problem was the water source was on the opposite side from the electric hookup.

Wonderful time

My husband and I tent camped here in November. Pretty cold at night but the weather was perfect for the hikes which were absolutely stunning. We had a delicious breakfast with a view at the lodge. 10 out of 10 would recommend!

Adequate

This campground was pretty and it was clean. Arrive early because it is first come first serve and gets full. Sites are close together but overall I have no complaints. Apparently there is $10 primitive camping, but I did not see it and in the office where you pay (by machine) all I saw were $30 flat rate for all sites. So it’s quite expensive to tent camp here. No showers, but a relatively clean bathroom.

We love Brady mountain

Brady mountain campground is a beautiful place on lake Ouachita it has a swim beach and good facilities only downside is no water at RV spots

Great weekend getaway!

This is an awesome place to camp and get away without going too far! It is located a little south of central Arkansas so it’s easily accessible to the whole state. It’s also very affordable and has great amenities. The camp sites have good shade and are all close to the water. You can start fires, keep your vehicle right by, and bring your furry friend along too! The float is also so much fun and accessible for all ages! There’s so much to see and the water actually moves instead of you having to paddle the whole way. All the staff is friendly and there’s little stores, ice, and firewood available nearby.

Limited

We enjoyed our stay.   We tried to go hiking, but covered in ticks minutes after starting the trail.   Our site was close to the water with a view of the nuclear plant.   I think it was a nuclear plant across the water.   Area had nice play grounds.    Other campers helpful and polite.  Bathrooms clean.   Nice pic nic areas.  We was in the area for a ballon festival.   Kids enjoyed the stay.

Absolutely Sublime

I had an absolute blast while at Petit Jean State Park. I stayed at the Mather lodge and in one of the cabins both of which I loved staying in. The trails through out the park are all great hikes, even the less prominent paths are nice to explore. The hike down to Cedar Falls is absolutely fantastic and more than worth the trek. My favorite part of the park hands down has to be the multiple look out points you can find around the mountain. The views you can find along red bluff drive and at the gravesite are breathtaking. Petit Jean State park is fantastic and I can’t wait to go back.

Incredible views

We went up for the day to hike.   Amazing trip wouldn’t miss it.   Stop by the visitor center.

Hidden waterfall

We loved our stay.  Our cabin was beautiful.   The park rangers gave us a pontoon boat ride.   They sent us in the directions to find a glorious swimming hole and waterfall.   Wish we stayed longer.   Almost forgot about the nice beach area.

Awesome camping

We stayed in the yurts one time and it was nice but hot. Bring FANS. The yurt came with a canoe and life jackets. We loved that stay. My favorite stay is at the tent sites. We have stayed so many times. Several areas to hike with young children. Swimming pool available at a good price. The kids love the near by petting zoo. Lake available for fishing and boat rentals. Wonderful views all around one of my favorite spots.

A relaxing stay!

Came into Bar Fifty Ranch for the weekend from Little Rock, and was able to ride horses, go hiking and stay in an air-conditioned cabin. Definitely would come back!

Not the worst

The camp volunteer is very nice and helpful. I always felt safe and the camp wasn’t overcrowded. The lake was gross and there were nasty Canada Geese everywhere, but overall pretty nice.

Unique Experience!

Winter, Spring and Fall are the best seasons to visit.  The diamond field is a large, unshaded field.

Rains cause the soil to cake up on shoes and make it difficult to walk in the field.

I’ve never found a diamond but have seen others find them!

Be prepared for weather and arrive early to get rental gear.

Small but Beautiful

This small but beautiful campground nestled in the Gulpha Gorge sits along a creek with crystal clear water. Fall is probably the best time to visit, the leaves would be amazing!!!

In the summertime, I imagine families cooling off in the stream.

Restrooms are ok, bring your own toilet paper.  Some sites are a bit close together for my taste.

Nice, but can be Crowded

Lake Ouachita is the state’s largest lake.  This campground has lots of sites that have water views, but not all have easy access to the lake.  Swim beach is very nice but crowded in summertime (not surprising!)

Nice bathhouse, boat launch and gorgeous water.

Close access to shopping for those last- minute needs.

Clean with Great Lake Access

Lake Catherine State Park, like all Arkansas state parks, is immaculately clean!  Most RV sites have close access to the water and there are small stationary docks to park your boat.

A short trail leads you to a waterfall or take the longer trail for a fun hike through the woods.  Swimming, fishing, boating and kayaking are all a part of the fun.

The cabins are rustic but well-appointed.  All cabins have water views.

No matter the time of year, Lake Catherine State Park is a wonderful place to visit.

Not bad not great

It’s a good campground. Great places to go with the family and get away. Campsites are average, access to water is great, swimming is great, shade from the sun is great. Bathrooms are bad, riddled with bugs and spiders and pretty prison like… Other than that they maintain the place well. Nice park and playground for the kids. Very family friendly place. I’d go back again but only for a big family trip not for a true camping trip.