Ouachita Lake, ARKANSAS

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Ouachita Lake Camping Reviews
☹️

Sadly this park is a victim of several park closures by the Little Rock District US Army Corp of Engineers. I am glad to see that someone is trying to maintain the park. I’ve never camped here, but thanks to this app and the reviews I will be checking this park out for future trips in the area.

Easy access, peacefull

Stayed in October, so not busy, level sites w elec n water, dump station n dumpsters in park.   Access Park Pass Honored so discount given.  Verizon worked for wifi most of the time, stayed 2 nights.

Not impressed

Drove through a rough part of town n roads, to get to park, a bit confusing to get there w GPS, arrived w no reservation definitely need one or arrive very very early in day.

Was full, not able to enter, turned around to find alternate park for night.

Was closed for updating in October no access

Reviewed park on line ACE site, no notice that is was going to be closed, definitely was when arrived, had to find alternate park.

Breathtaking

I grew up in Arkansas but had never been here until this past winter. It's an absolutely beautiful place.

I can't wait to return here for summer activities. Awesome lodge with great food, the best view I have seen in ages. The park staff was also great and very helpful. One day we were there the visibility was nil, turns out we were in low clouds, not fog. Pretty cool.

I’m all about value and experience and this place serves both.

$12 a night, full hookup potential AND you are walking distance to the mine!!! For $20 you can go spend the day diggin through dirt and finding crystals. I don’t think everyone has the luck we had but we came after a rain and cleaned up. Hundred bucks in gems. Ok bathrooms and laundry… serves the purpose you’d expect from a $12 a night place. The REAL draw here is the mine and we had a blast! I do recommend. We took the spot up top the hill [upper left corner] and found crystals in our campsite around the fire pit :)))

Ageless wonder

Petit Jean is the oldest state park in Arkansas and it has it all. Our family makes a trip to Petit Jean at least twice a year. So many trails, recreational areas and breathtaking views to enjoy. It is one of the best FAMILY state parks we’ve been too.

The sites in A and B loop are often booked a year in advance so plan your trips strategically. C and D loop are accommodating but will be a tighter fit for most rigs >30’.

The visitor’s center is being completely redone to enhance the experience. If you haven’t been, make the trip.

Quick info on alcohol. Petit Jean is in a dry county (yes that exists). If you aren’t bringing your own alcohol, make sure and stop at Petit Jean Liquor right off I-40.

4wd access, super secluded

Luckily it hadn’t rained in a while. The trails to get to this rec area are for the 4wd’s and off-road vehicles. Great point to camp with great access to water. Didn’t see a boat ramp but wasn’t looking either. If you really want to get away, this is the spot!

Primitive, beautiful, great water access

Long gravel road to make it there but totally worth it. Off-road vehicle trails, boat ramp, great camping spots right by the water.

Small and crowded

It’s hard to believe this little campground is on the farside of the touristy Hot Springs. A nice little stream runs along the backside of the campground and it’s actually quiet. You can hike up and over the hill to see the springs. Not a lot of space to put a bunch of toys but a well maintained area.