Buffalo National River , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Buffalo National River Camping Reviews
CLOSED

The park is CLOSED.

Nice sites on the water

Lots of really nice sites on the water. The campground is well maintained. There is a swim beach with sand and also a great playground. I bet this place is packed in the summer! There were several people winter camping here. The bathhouse isn’t close for the people like me without a bathroom in their RV or tent campers.

Good Location but noisy

Nice Location but very noisy with helicopter rides coming and going near by. Campground was nice and clean. Pool was nice for family to cool off in.

Rock climbing with our van

Absolutely love this place! Rock climbing galore. There is an office to buy some supplies (and you will need to check in and pay there) I would suggest the climbing book they have for sale which has a map of all the routes and their rating. We took our ram Pro master. Steep and rocky to get down but very doable. Highly suggest one of our favorite places.

We took our two kiddos and they had a blast! Bathroom, camping, outdoor tables, roaming goats and horses.

Private and Peaceful

This primitive campground was perfect for me and my dog. We stayed three nights in October 2020. It’s right on a put-in spot on the Buffalo River so there were a couple of buses and shuttles but for the most part it was very quiet. The campsites are a good distance apart, they have plenty of room and have fire rings and picnic tables. Be aware that there is no drinking water and I didn’t get phone service (yay!). There is a vault toilet that wasn’t too bad. I loved this place, and will definitely be back.

Nice campground to Get Away From It All

I've camped here many times in the past 4 years. Initially camping was free (no fee required). The past few times (in 2020) the fee had been reinstated and was $10 per day. An additional vault toilet had been added as well as other upgrades like very nice fire pits.

A short section of the south road in from highway 16 was quite narrow because of a landslide but had been partially repaired and was passable.

If you travel the north road from the campground for about 3.5 miles you will get decent service from AT&T but I don't know about the other carriers.

There is some type of well near the entrance to the campsites but don't count on there being water. Supposedly it's ok to drink if there is. Richland creek is usually very clear and could be made potable by boiling in an emergency.

There are many waterfalls in the surrounding area. Cross Richland Creek on the west side of the campground to find a trailhead to three different waterfalls.

Beautiful Area, Clean Campsites & Bathrooms

Pros:

-Campground was completely empty when I arrived on a Thursday evening in December.

-Sites are separated by trees, so some privacy.

-There are more than one compositing toilet on site& they are cleaned regularly.

-Beautiful cliff views are a short walk away.

Cons:

-No water access, so bring your own

Best Campsite on the Buffalo

I love this campsite. Road has improved and was more than passable even after heavy rains. Campsite is remote with great access to trials and the River. Not for Car Camping or RVing. Strictly a FCFS use area so come early. You will not regret it.

This place is awesome!

Stopped in here on a recent family vacation through the Ozarks. The Outfitter store has everything you could need and more. The staff was very friendly. The canoe rates and shuttle rates were very fair and the food in the kitchen was delicious. Try the Sasquatch BLT!