About Beech Point
Beech Point is located in Arkansas
3 Reviews of Beech Point
First class campground!

Wow this place is NICE! This is a small, but beautiful campground! There's only 14 full hook up RV sites and 3 tent only sites. All RV sites are huge, have beautiful water views and most have water access. Many of them are fenced to get you closer to the water and still be safe. The small gravel tent and hang out areas was also nice. We tracked a lot less dirt into the camper than normal. The bathrooms are the nicest we have ever used! There are 4 private suite style bathrooms with your own toilet, sink and shower. All are handicap accessible as well. We walked the nature/hiking trail across the street from the campground (Bear Creek Loop). We were shocked to find out that the trees were marked with educational markers. My husband really enjoyed the trail because of this. The park also has a couple of kayaks that can be rented. There is a boat ramp, fishing pier and swim beach all within view of the campground. The campground also has a small courtesy dock to pull up to or fish from. Water appears to be very shallow at this dock.

One of the Mississippi River State Park Interpreters came out and hosted a short campfire chat on bats. Very informative! We also went to the park office to check out the exhibits. Man this place is first class! The walking trail around the office is a lovely 10-15 minute walk. Firewood and snacks can also be purchased here.

Lakeside Camping

This was called Bear Creek many years ago. The state of Arkansas recently took this campground over and modernized it. There are 14 Full Hookup sites. This park is very clean and has an atmosphere for relaxation. We go here often because it is close to home. The sites all have a water view. Some are on the lake. They are all good sites. Small fishing boats are allowed and Kayaks and boats are available for rent. The bathhouse is always clean and centrally located in the park.

Freaked out towards the end...

First if I may say-- the campsite was an easy 5 star. It has shower accessibility, every site has a generous water view, you can swim all day long, the scenery is gorgeous. However. I was with a few close friends. All of us women. When we got to the site- it looked very populated. There were marked a on many of the sites indicating they were coming in for that night. As four girls, we were looking for a somewhat populated site for safety. Nobody ever came except two men who were behaving very innapropriatly. They were making us feel extremely uncomfortable- coming over near our site and just watching us. Hiding behind trees when a few had to use the bathroom… Things like that. So around 9, after we had already set up camp and enjoied our site, we felt compelled to bow out. I'm sure this was an isolated event and I would totally return with my husband- but it's pretty secluded as far as help would go. Seclusion is something I generally look for when I'm feeling a little more confident about my ability to take on confrontation--- but not with my girl friends.