Equestrian
Hike In
Devils Den State Park is located in Arkansas
47 Reviews of Devils Den State Park
It’s a beautiful park!

We stayed in mid October and the leaves hadn’t started really changing yet.

Perfect, clean facilities and a huge campsite. The road in was a nice drive, easy for motorcycles.

We bought wood from the camp, although the store closes at 5pm and the wood was wet, which made it hard for a good fire.

You are dipped down into a valley so no cellphone service, but if you are a connection junky there is WiFi you can purchase. I didn’t purchase a lease, so I’m not sure how fast it is.

The park is quite a ways away from civilization which is nice unless you are planning on eating outside of the park, Fayetteville is probably the closest decent bar and grill, about 30min away.

All in all, a great experience and would love to make my way back someday.

Good for Families

The bathrooms are clean and there’s a nice pool. We’ve never actually used the pool due to crowds because it truly is the den of the devil as you’ll be able to tell from the heat.

Ranger Review of Banner & Oaks Bull Tan Hat at Devil's Den State Park

Amazing State Park with something for everyone

I have been to Devil's Den State Park twice now and this is my favorite state park in Arkansas. Devil's Den State park has something for every camper, no matter how you prefer to camp. Tent camping, hike in camping, RVs, cabins, they have it all. Want to bring your horse, you can do that as well. Devil's Den has some great hiking and mountain biking trails, from short to long. If you only do one trail be sure that is the Devil's Den Trail, you won't be disappointed on this 1.5 mile trail. If you want a longer trail there is the 15 mile Butterfield Hiking Trail. Devil's Den campground includes 135 campsites ranging from basic tent sites to full hookups for the RV crowed and horse sites. Campground are all paved with paved parking pads. Individual sites have tent pads, picnic tables, fire rings and a first for me, hooks for hanging your lantern. Flush toilets and showers are included. If you like to swim they even have a pool. Park has a store to provide your food needs. Sites all appeared to be well spaced. If you want complete privacy the word is get one of the walk in sites, you will have a bit of a walk but the reward is complete solitude. Lee Creek runs through the park and a 8-acre lake which allows fishing and boating with canoes and pedal boats. You need to reserve your site before hand or at the visitor center. One thing I do like is if you arrive to late to register at the visitor center, then you can just grab an empty site for the night, you just have to register the next day by 10am.

Ranger Review of Banner& Oaks Bull Tan Hat

Got the Bull Tan hat and have been wearing it for about a month now. Hat fits great, looks great. This is a very well made hat with quality materials and made in the U.S.A. It has held up amazing well in all weather conditions, sun, heat, rain and even snow and continues to hold its shape. I have a lot of hats and this one is one of my favorites.

Don't stay in the Hike-in sites (keep it secret, keep it safe)

I try to tent camp at Devils Den 2-3 times a years. Any season. The hike-in sites are heaven. Yes, you do have to hike in, through the water, up and up for a quarter mile but it is SOOOO WORTH IT!! Seclusion. You can't reach out and touch your neighbor. You don't have to worry about anyone seeing you get dressed. You can pick up radio stations without disturbing anyone(at a reasonable volume). During the summer you can't even see another tent through the trees. My partner and I have hiked Butterfield Trail backwards and forwards(both directions) and are so happy to come back"home" to our site where we can relax with a fire and the raccoons. We have met so many others who hike in for privacy and make friends around a fire. Even in the summer the nights get chilly so you have to snuggle. And if you need some city life, Fayetteville is less than an hour away.

Great campground!

Beautiful spacious and clean sites. Great location in the park and near water and many hiking trails. Will stay again!

Beautiful Views!

So this was our first trip to Devil’s Den and our first trip with our new pop up. The forecast didn’t look promising but we went anyway. Didn’t know about the lack of cell service, but being off the grid it was great for the most part! There were cell spots within a few minutes drive so could check the weather forecast.

We didn’t know much about our exact campsite until we got there. It was right next to the baseball field and it was very spread out. We scoped our better spots for next time. We were able to go on a short hike in between the rain and the trail was beautiful.

My only complaint was restrooms in comparison to other Arkansas state parks. The bar is set high and these didn’t feel the cleanest. A young man was there each morning “cleaning” but I can’t say it was very clean. As stated before, I feel Arkansas state parks have the best facilities that we’ve camped, so over all it was nice, but not the best.

We plan on checking out Devil’s Den again and hope for better weather!

First Camping Trip=Epic

This was our very first camping trip, and it was perfect. We visited over spring break for a few days. It was cold in the mornings (perfect for a fire and camp coffee), warm during the day (great hiking weather-no bugs or snakes), and cold at night (great snuggling weather). Loop A is great. Some sites are right by Lee Creek. The bathhouse is clean and warm. There is no power or water, but it didn’t bother us. We cooked over the fire and loved every minute.

Great all around state park

This is a great place to camp or hike. It has a great trail that you can explore, with lots of large boulders and some caves that you can get real close to. I think you can go in them at some times too but when I was there it was closed due to something with the bats. There is also a pretty dam and lake that is right there for fishing or kayaking. When you think of a campsite that has it all, this one is it. It's got your water source, trails, big boulders to climb, caves. There is also a state park center to visit and get info. There are plenty of campsites and several cabins to rent. There is a horse trail and other things for horse but I haven't explored it. They do have a pool that is open for the summer. I have just been there to hike but saw these other amenities. Hope this helps.

Beautiful Park

Nice size tent camping areas. Had facilities close by. Was able to unplug and unwind since there is no cell phone reception. Can not wait to take our Grandson's with us on the next trip there so they can take advantage of all the trails that there is to hike and explore.

Amazing park!

This place is so awesome, we had such a great time hiking and playing in the creek. There is so much to do at this park and we definitely will be returning someday.