Equestrian
Hike In
Devils Den State Park is located in Arkansas
43 Reviews of Devils Den State Park
Great campground!

Beautiful spacious and clean sites. Great location in the park and near water and many hiking trails. Will stay again!

Beautiful Views!

So this was our first trip to Devil’s Den and our first trip with our new pop up. The forecast didn’t look promising but we went anyway. Didn’t know about the lack of cell service, but being off the grid it was great for the most part! There were cell spots within a few minutes drive so could check the weather forecast.

We didn’t know much about our exact campsite until we got there. It was right next to the baseball field and it was very spread out. We scoped our better spots for next time. We were able to go on a short hike in between the rain and the trail was beautiful.

My only complaint was restrooms in comparison to other Arkansas state parks. The bar is set high and these didn’t feel the cleanest. A young man was there each morning “cleaning” but I can’t say it was very clean. As stated before, I feel Arkansas state parks have the best facilities that we’ve camped, so over all it was nice, but not the best.

We plan on checking out Devil’s Den again and hope for better weather!

First Camping Trip=Epic

This was our very first camping trip, and it was perfect. We visited over spring break for a few days. It was cold in the mornings (perfect for a fire and camp coffee), warm during the day (great hiking weather-no bugs or snakes), and cold at night (great snuggling weather). Loop A is great. Some sites are right by Lee Creek. The bathhouse is clean and warm. There is no power or water, but it didn’t bother us. We cooked over the fire and loved every minute.

Great all around state park

This is a great place to camp or hike. It has a great trail that you can explore, with lots of large boulders and some caves that you can get real close to. I think you can go in them at some times too but when I was there it was closed due to something with the bats. There is also a pretty dam and lake that is right there for fishing or kayaking. When you think of a campsite that has it all, this one is it. It's got your water source, trails, big boulders to climb, caves. There is also a state park center to visit and get info. There are plenty of campsites and several cabins to rent. There is a horse trail and other things for horse but I haven't explored it. They do have a pool that is open for the summer. I have just been there to hike but saw these other amenities. Hope this helps.

Beautiful Park

Nice size tent camping areas. Had facilities close by. Was able to unplug and unwind since there is no cell phone reception. Can not wait to take our Grandson's with us on the next trip there so they can take advantage of all the trails that there is to hike and explore.

Amazing park!

This place is so awesome, we had such a great time hiking and playing in the creek. There is so much to do at this park and we definitely will be returning someday.

Crowded in the summer, but nice facilities and trails

The main campground is a nice one with running water and showers. Several spots have good trees for hammocking. Sites are not self-pay, you need to go to the office to use a site. Main campground has sites you can park your car at, but they also have a section you have to walk a little ways to. You can also get a permit to back back on the Butterfield Trail.

Park has variety of trails including several mountain biking trails, shorter trails, and the 15 mile Butterfield Trail. Devil's Den is one of my favorite spots in the Missouri/Arkansas area. I try to go every year if I can!

Beautiful trails and views!

We love camping at Devils Den every spring! The trails are great and have beautiful views. The rangers and staff in the shop are very nice. Bring what you need the nearest store is about 20 minutes out and the restaurant is not that good.

Great Spot

Their campsites are in a great spot, they are easily accessible on a paved road

The sites are not all level so be picky with what site you choose, we always go find an empty spot that will work first, they have horse camps, tv sites, and camper spots as well as small cabins, each spot has different amenities but most have electric and running water near!

Absolute beauty

Great campsites awesome trails, and if you need any help park staff are great help.