Standard (Tent/RV)
About Gulpha Gorge Campground

Camping at Gulpha Gorge Campground costs $30 per night for all sites. All sites have full hookups: 30 and 50 amp electric, water and sewer connections. Sites are not pull-through. Each campsite has a picnic table, pedestal grill, and water. Camping in Gulpha Gorge Campground is limited to a total of 14 consecutive days and a cumulative total of 30 days in any calendar year. Each 14 day consecutive stay must be followed by a minimum of a 7 day break.

Price
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 25 ft.
Gulpha Gorge Campground is located in Arkansas
Directions
Gulpha Gorge Campground is off US Hwy 70B on the east side of Hot Springs. For GPS directions, the physical address is 305 Gorge Road, Hot Springs AR 71901. (There is no mail delivery at this address.)
17 Reviews of Gulpha Gorge Campground
So pretty but reservations a bummer

No reservations available & no shower house which are a bummer.

However, we got in just in time before a rush of other RVs. Picked site 41 & it’s perfect. Full hook up, perfect trees for lights, and a grill. No fire pit ring which is a bummer though.

The campground is beautiful. Hiked up the gorge today & was not disappointed.

I can’t imagine what this place is like when the weather is warmer…I’m sure it’s a packed mess, so happy we got to experience it in cooler temps.

Unfortunately though the spring bath houses are closed Jan 25- Feb 4 for park service maintenance. Bummer!

Gorgeous Creek

I have always loved this campground. We used to come here when I was a kid and I love exploring in the creek. Hiking trails are accessible from the campground as well. There is heavy day use traffic and lots of road noise from the highway, but you are very close to all the main attractions. The drawback is that they don’t accept reservations and that makes it tough for me to come here because of how far the drive is with no guarantee. Water & Electric hook ups.

Beautiful campground with a creek running right through it

Convenient location. I stayed here in a 30’ Class C motorhome. It’s first come, first serve RV/tent site campground sites and you pay at an automatic kiosk. $39/night unless you get the senior discount. Lots of road noise from the Gulpha Gorge Road. Lots of 18-wheelers and commercial vehicles use it to cut through to and from Hwy 7 to Hwy 270. Lots of traffic day and night. You don’t notice it inside but you can really hear it outside and especially if you’re in a tent. I recommend a hike up to Goat Rock. Lots of trails start right past the amphitheater. You can hike up to the mountain tower or downtown. The interior sites can be tight and there is no bathhouse but the creek sites are spacious and very nice. The picnic area is clean and nice too. One caveat lots of foot traffic here. People (non campers) just walk through your campsite. This area also sees a lot of day use traffic. All in all though I really like it and it’s a great place to make your base camp especially if you enjoy hiking.

Small and crowded

It’s hard to believe this little campground is on the farside of the touristy Hot Springs. A nice little stream runs along the backside of the campground and it’s actually quiet. You can hike up and over the hill to see the springs. Not a lot of space to put a bunch of toys but a well maintained area.

Only liked close access to trails and creek.

Not a great campground if you’re looking to be in peace and quiet. Very close to the city & very crowded due to convenience of trail heads. Clean bathrooms though 😌

So great we’ve taken the 8-hours-one-way drive twice in 6 weeks!

Pros: This campground has it all- great creek, incredible hiking up and over into Hot Springs, nearby disc golf course that is the best we have seen, close to all the attractions, level asphalt pads, water and power (and i think also sewer?) privacy between sites (trees, bushes) great fire pit/with cooking grate AND a grill at our site (25 is awesome), bath house with sinks and toilets ONLY

Cons: you can’t stay forever, no showers

Pro tip: eat at Superior! Great brewery/restaurant, friendly staff!

Adequate

This campground was pretty and it was clean. Arrive early because it is first come first serve and gets full. Sites are close together but overall I have no complaints. Apparently there is $10 primitive camping, but I did not see it and in the office where you pay (by machine) all I saw were $30 flat rate for all sites. So it’s quite expensive to tent camp here. No showers, but a relatively clean bathroom.

One of the best

Absolutely one of the very best campgrounds we've ever stayed. Beautiful Hot Springs nearby

Middle Of All The Action

There are not a lot of National Parks located smack in the middle of a town, but Hot Springs is an exception. With the majority of the park lining one of the more busy strips of Hot Springs a campground so close is such an asset to being near all the action and that is where Gulpha Gorge comes into play.

There are many positives to this campground well beyond the proximity itself. With electricity at all sites and a flat rate it seems to have a lot of positives to check off. However with the positives also are a few negatives. That flat rate applies to tents and RVs, which makes it a little steep for a typical tent camper in this area at $30. For an RV its a deal! Also for that price point there is no shower available only a restroom.

I checked out this campsite when trying to make a decision on a trip in August. It was warm outside but not overly hot at the time which was nice. However, because the summer was still winding down, unfortunately this campground was full as it is a first come first serve campground. This was more than a little disappointing considering I had driven so far and then had to settle for finding another option.

But because I do travel often and many times to leave Texas and get pretty much anywhere I do pass through Arkansas, I went ahead and checked out the site a little before finding my next option. It was great! The grounds were well kept, the roads were smooth and wide enough to travel down easily and the people were all pretty friendly.

While it didn’t have showers it did offer a pavilion and an amphitheater which apparently they have functions at often. And the best thing I found was one of the National Park trails heads right out from the campground and over to one of the rivers/creeks which made for a really amazing place to lay your head at night.

The other trails for the park were within walking distance. As this is one of the smallest parks in the park system there are only about 25 miles of trails all together and the campground is pretty much the hub.

I ended parking not far from the campground in a free lot located just behind the Springs row, I suggest if you stay here and do decide you want to drive you look into this parking structure which is clearly labeled FREE. From here I walked around some of the trails which could have been accessed from inside the campground and also visited the main attraction, the visitor center and hot springs. All within 5 minutes of this site, pretty amazing, no wonder it filled up before I could get there.

I will be back, even with that $30 price tag, because though the sticker shock might have been off putting the savings in gas just driving around would have by far made up for that little difference of what I ended up paying at my other campsite.

TIPS:

• Arrive Early!!!
  • Consider outdoor shower options since there is no shower option at this location just make sure you are respectful of others.
  • Bring your supplies in, there is no reason to leave once you get here if you come prepared. Just come prepared and then enjoy your time!
Quick access to hiking

I camped in a primitive site and was able to hike the Sunset trail straight from my campsite. The campsites are pretty lose together and RVs were mingled in with primitive sites, so it wasn't really quiet. However, the quick access to the hiking trails was nice.

Year 2021 Flag