Springdale, ARKANSAS

Most Recent Springdale Camping Reviews
NWA Visit

We like the location of this site. Easy to access and nestled in a valley of beautiful trees. It’s also close to hiking and biking trails. Make sure you get the access code to the bathrooms before your stay. The code was not included in our email confirming the rearrange. Showers are great.

Absolutely stunning

Less than a minute from the Kings River Falls Trail-head, and nestled alongside the headwaters of the Kings River in Venus Arkansas. This is a remote and rugged campground with caves, bluffs, swimming holes and river a plenty. This campground has a grand exhibition of the same sandstone formation that is responsible for the Whitaker Point(Hawksbill Crag) formation, as well.

Love it❤

It's a beautiful place and family friendly for sure.

Basic campground close to downtown Fayetteville

PROS:

*CLOSE TO DOWNTOWN: you can’t camp in your RV any closer to downtown Fayetteville than at Southgate. There are no other campgrounds as close to the main square and all the action of restaurants, breweries etc (there is just one other campground in the town but it is a membership campground for people who frequent the football games)

*FRIENDLY OWNER: I believe his name is Jim. He’s a nice guy and cleans the bathrooms daily. It was cold while we were there and he kept a space heater on in the bathroom, even when there were just a few of us in the campground.

*CLOSE TO BIKE TRAIL: the Razorback trail and network of bike trails (which can take you all the way to Bentonville) are just a few blocks down the road from Southgate. This is a great way to get downtown without driving and trying to find parking.

*FLAT SITES: sites are pretty level with a small concrete pad for wheels.

CONS:

*NOISE: you are right next to a busy road, but you can’t really hear it when inside your camper. You’re also next to a Tyson Factory which burps and belches 24/7.

*BATHROOMS: the bathrooms and showers are old, but kept clean.

Overall, we had a nice stay at Southgate. It was a great campground for exploring the food, drink, and shops of Fayetteville. Though it wasn’t the most scenic campground, it was very convenient.

Fayetteville Recommendations: Fork and Crust Pie Shop, Fayetteville Farmers market on the square on Saturday mornings, crisis brewery, crystal bridges art museum in Bentonville, basecamp coffee, ozark foods coop for grocery, nightbird books.

Stunning Ozark/Buffalo River Views

This is the best disconnect from the world campground. During peak Buffalo float season, arrive early as they are first come, first serve. The middle campsites aren’t my favorite but arent bad sites. River access. Showers are not available at the campground. There is a private outfitter at the top of the hill that offers pay showers. Speaking of the “hill”, its a steep road down i to the campground. Other reviewers will probably say you need a truck/suv to get into it. I got my compact car down just fine. Go slow in a lower gear. There is toilet facilities that are well kept. Water access available but no hookups. Very low cost too. Picnic tables, lantern post, and fire rings at each site. Absolutely no cell service. No one in our group with varying cell service providers had service.

It’s a beautiful park!

We stayed in mid October and the leaves hadn’t started really changing yet.

Perfect, clean facilities and a huge campsite. The road in was a nice drive, easy for motorcycles.

We bought wood from the camp, although the store closes at 5pm and the wood was wet, which made it hard for a good fire.

You are dipped down into a valley so no cellphone service, but if you are a connection junky there is WiFi you can purchase. I didn’t purchase a lease, so I’m not sure how fast it is.

The park is quite a ways away from civilization which is nice unless you are planning on eating outside of the park, Fayetteville is probably the closest decent bar and grill, about 30min away.

All in all, a great experience and would love to make my way back someday.

Lots of hiking, don’t go on Friday!

The falls are a super easy hike. The only problem with this campground is the race track across the street is extremely loud and will keep you up.

Good for Families

The bathrooms are clean and there’s a nice pool. We’ve never actually used the pool due to crowds because it truly is the den of the devil as you’ll be able to tell from the heat.

Great for small family

We chose the rv site 16 from their website before ever seeing what the campground looked like in person. It is the site toward the back of the rv park overlooking the bluffs.

Our site had plenty of tree cover that kept us from seeing the bluffs; but it also provided for a cool experience looking out of the back windows of our camper, especially at night.

The sites are a bit too close to one another. But our neighbors in site 15 were super cool. We came with only one bundle of firewood and they quickly provided us with more than enough to have a great time, and more than enough for the next morning.

The reason it gets 4 stars is because the sites are too close to one another. What was especially strange is that the fire ring that belongs to site 15 was actually directly behind our pad on site 16. Our fire ring was located between our site and the other neighbor's site (17) next to us. Very strange.

The campsite otherwise was wonderful. Our kids loved the two playgrounds. The weather was great. So we took a quick stroll through the woods and to the small waterfall nearby. Would definitely go again, maybe even to book two or three sites next to one another, being so close. That would be fun for a larger group.

Table Rock Lake - Port of Kimberling Marina and Resort

Excellent camping facilities. (Tent, RV and Cabin)

Beautiful views

Had a great time kayaking! Awesome fishing and swimming! The water is crystal clear with rocky pebble shore line. Great place to stay!

Beautiful place to stay!

Kayaking, swimming, and fishing were awesome!

Beautiful place to stay!

Had a blast kayaking, swimming, and fishing!

Ranger Review of Banner & Oaks Bull Tan Hat at Devil's Den State Park

Amazing State Park with something for everyone

I have been to Devil's Den State Park twice now and this is my favorite state park in Arkansas. Devil's Den State park has something for every camper, no matter how you prefer to camp. Tent camping, hike in camping, RVs, cabins, they have it all. Want to bring your horse, you can do that as well. Devil's Den has some great hiking and mountain biking trails, from short to long. If you only do one trail be sure that is the Devil's Den Trail, you won't be disappointed on this 1.5 mile trail. If you want a longer trail there is the 15 mile Butterfield Hiking Trail. Devil's Den campground includes 135 campsites ranging from basic tent sites to full hookups for the RV crowed and horse sites. Campground are all paved with paved parking pads. Individual sites have tent pads, picnic tables, fire rings and a first for me, hooks for hanging your lantern. Flush toilets and showers are included. If you like to swim they even have a pool. Park has a store to provide your food needs. Sites all appeared to be well spaced. If you want complete privacy the word is get one of the walk in sites, you will have a bit of a walk but the reward is complete solitude. Lee Creek runs through the park and a 8-acre lake which allows fishing and boating with canoes and pedal boats. You need to reserve your site before hand or at the visitor center. One thing I do like is if you arrive to late to register at the visitor center, then you can just grab an empty site for the night, you just have to register the next day by 10am.

Ranger Review of Banner& Oaks Bull Tan Hat

Got the Bull Tan hat and have been wearing it for about a month now. Hat fits great, looks great. This is a very well made hat with quality materials and made in the U.S.A. It has held up amazing well in all weather conditions, sun, heat, rain and even snow and continues to hold its shape. I have a lot of hats and this one is one of my favorites.

A plesent RV camp but not tents allowed

Noesho's Hickory Creek RV park is a nice park with mowed grass everywhere, gravel roads and grass sites.  The site are only $12 per night.  But be warned….No tent camping is allowed and you need to go to city hall to pay your camping fee as the campground does not have a place to self register, so if you plan on staying here you will need to get to city hall before they close for the day, and they are only open from Monday - Friday.  Site use to allow tents, but does not now, most likely due to the fact that their are no restroom facilities at this campground.  All the sites come with water and electric hook ups, and their is a RV dump.  Train tracks adjoining the park and these are busy tracks with trains running day and night.  Two sides of the park have a street and a highway alongside, but traffic is slow so it seems to be fairly quiet.  The campground is part of a much larger city park.  Part of the frisbee golf course runs around the camping area, and across the road is a nice bike path.  Hickory creek runs along the edge of the park and has good fishing.  Sites do not have picnic tables but their are a few in the park witch you can use.  No campfires.

Arkansas Diamond

This camp ground is close to a mecca of both biking and mountain biking trails. Nice bath area, only if it is hot outside it is hot in there. Back in sights for RV and rent areas.

No longer a camping area - come to fish

While this little park in Lanagan use to allow camping (picture of a tent & RV are still on the sign) this is no longer the case.  The site is now a day use area only.  The camping area is overgrown and in disrepair.  The frequent flooding of Indian Creek most likely didn't help things.  The park is now mainly just a fishing access site for Indian Creek.  Noticed a group of kids heading to the park with fishing poles in hand, so the fishing must be decent.  The Park has a small shelter, but is with out picnic tables.  Site has a vault toilet, but it was locked during my visit.  A small playground is available.

Will go back !

This was our first time family camping….. with 10 people! Unable to reserve an electric site because the place was packed! Our basic family site was spacious and near the river. All of us ( ages 1-40) enjoyed fishing and playing in the river by Campground 3 and exploring the trails and dry creek bed by Campground 1. The bathrooms and shower house at Campground 3 were completely decent, and are tidied up through out the day. The office staff are helpful and friendly, and the store is full of necessities, snacks, fishing gear, etc. You can even rent fishing poles by the day.

Will go back !

Average, we had some problems

They stuck us in the most narrow, difficult spot they could have, and made us pay 3 nights for a rally when we only needed 2, and then probably sold our spot after we left early. The reservation showed we had a 30 ft camper and we had the back end hanging off a 6 foot drop- I have photos- and if our friends had walked out the back door where their room is they would have surely been injured. Sunday morning at 10 am I was told I could not use the shower house as she had just bleached it. I thought good, it's clean, but no, she insisted I walk about 1/4 miled to the end of the campground to the other shower house. Yes the place was clean and nice, but so disappointed I'll never go back and if someone asks I will not recommend. Another camper said he specifically asked for a long spot and got similar. And there were lots of spots OPEN while we were there.

Don't stay in the Hike-in sites (keep it secret, keep it safe)

I try to tent camp at Devils Den 2-3 times a years. Any season. The hike-in sites are heaven. Yes, you do have to hike in, through the water, up and up for a quarter mile but it is SOOOO WORTH IT!! Seclusion. You can't reach out and touch your neighbor. You don't have to worry about anyone seeing you get dressed. You can pick up radio stations without disturbing anyone(at a reasonable volume). During the summer you can't even see another tent through the trees. My partner and I have hiked Butterfield Trail backwards and forwards(both directions) and are so happy to come back"home" to our site where we can relax with a fire and the raccoons. We have met so many others who hike in for privacy and make friends around a fire. Even in the summer the nights get chilly so you have to snuggle. And if you need some city life, Fayetteville is less than an hour away.

Great for kids I guess

It is a pretty park and well maintained but it's not my favorite.  I stayed here when I was looking at multiple properties around the area over a beautiful week.  Personally I found the tent sites much too close together, undefined, and with no privacy at all.  I can see how families with children would enjoy this park.  There are things to do and see, but not a weekends worth.  Other campers kids seemed to love running around and making new friends with neighboring tents.  So much so that they would come to my tent asking where my kids are (I don't have any).  Thankfully I brought my own camp table because the neighbor to the right insisted that the stationary table at my site was his.  I'm not trying to be a grump.  This may be the most fun place for some people.  If you are looking for a quiet place to set camp and look at the stars in peace, this is not the place.

Laid-back getaway to set your own speed

This was my first visit to Mulberry River Outdoor Adventures, and it won't be my last. The property is more set-up for RV and ATV use but the tent site/s are surprisingly secluded. I need to talk about the property owner. He is incredibly friendly and accommodating. He greeted us with his precious dogs and hung out with us until we were settled in, telling us all about the property, trails, and nearby waterfalls. If you want a full and fast weekend, he can point you in the right directions, even take you there on his buggy. Or if you are in need of a quiet, relaxing escape by the water he will let you be. The RV'ers were friendly when we crossed paths.  This seems like the Cheer's of campsite. Everyone know everyone and strangers are welcome.  Very laid back.  My partner and I were the only tent campers that weekend (for a slow, quiet escape) so we chose the"island" tent site, which is maybe 100' from the water.  Wish I had brought hammocks to utilize the swing contraption on the shore (see pictures).

Bonuses:

1. If the Labradoodle likes you she will swim with you.

2. I am walking mosquito bait and was only bitten twice!

3. The nicest "outhouse" I've ever encountered. Cedar paneling, full shower, and hot water!!

A resort of a COE park!

Mill Creek is like a resort! There’s sand volleyball, a basketball court, a beach with a designated swim area and, thoughtfully, life jackets were available to borrow.

Most of the sites are lakeside. I snagged Site 12 which was perfect for me! However, there are several stairs down from the paved pad to the picnic area, so be aware if you have little ones or mobility issues. As others have mentioned the sites have picnic benches a fire ring and a lantern pole. Hooks up were easy and close. I especially liked the water hook up because it had the traditional valve handle and not the pump handle. It’s the little things.

The bathrooms were spotless and looked newly remodeled. One of them was also accessible.The drive to the campground might be tricky for larger rigs as there is a sharp curve and steep grade coming into the park.

This park was quiet, clean and offered a night sky that provided a shooting star!! I would love to come back here again!

Nice open grassy area 10 miles out of Fayetteville.

Long gravel drive (important for motorcyclists). Tent and RV sites. Beer garden. Bands. Food trucks. Open the weekend of Bikes Blues and BBQ only.

Nice quiet campground

This our third campground on Beaver Lake this summer. We would definitely come back to this one.  It was quiet and not busy which probably says more about the season than the campground.  I see lots of reviews that rate a campground down for not having amenities and suppose that is what a lot of people expect. But for me and family, we just want a nice quiet place to camp that has a place for the kids to swim.

I liked how the sites were laid out in the 2nd part of the campground (sites 30-40) better than the first section.  The first section is by the water so it has that going for it but they are all pretty close to the other sites.  The 2nd part of the campground has sites that have good space in between. We were in site 34 and loved it.

The campground has 2 swimming areas. No real beach but the site at the day-use boat ramp is better than the campground swimming area.  I don't expect much from the swimming beaches so it was sufficient.

We did hike on the trail that is in the campground. It appears to have been a loop at one point but one section of it is closed off and not in use.  The starting point is at the shower house.  It comes to a tee at one point and if you take the left it will be about .25 mile out and back. If you take the right way it will be about a .5 mile hike that will lead to an old campground and bathroom facility.  You then have to hike back to the beginning or you can cut through at one point into the campsites.

The campground is in close proximity to Hobbs State Park so my family took advantage of one of their trails as well.

What a beautiful, clean park!

This park is so clean and pretty. Staff is amazing, so friendly and helpful. We will definitely go back and recommend to everyone.

Very clean with great lake views. Every time we stay here we meet new and exciting people. One of our favorite places.

Packed Camping

Absolutely beautiful! It’s the only way to describe Roaring River! It was also packed! If you like fishing neck to neck with other trout fishermen this is your place. Camp sites were tight and well used. Part of that feeling could have come from it being flooded just a short time before our stay. GreAt Access to a creek to play in. Nice camp store. Large nice pool. Large private campground in back. Shower and bathrooms were pretty good. Not my favorite for camping.