Springdale, ARKANSAS

Camping Arkansas Springdale

Most Recent Springdale Camping Reviews
Lots of camping options

This is a large Corps of Engineers run campground with over 100 sites. Some of the sites are by the water-ish and some are up in the woods. I liked the remoteness of the first seven sites- they are away from the water and up in the trees. All of the sites in the campground had water and electric hookups, concrete tables, fire pits and prep tables. Some sites are not level at all and are terrible sites for tents(stick to the first seven, very level and away from the hubbub, a short walk to the lake). Most sites seemed to have good trees for hammocks. In the large main area of the campground there are a couple playground areas, a beach, marina, boat launch, and several bathrooms with flush toilets. While you are here, head into town which is super cute and home to the Daisy AirGun Museum!

Great hiking as well as super cool springs

What I like about this campground is that the tent sites are separate from the RV area, and RV’s don’t have to go through the tents to get to their area. However, the RV’s have actual loops off the main road and the tent sites are right on that main road. The main road goes all the way through the park to the actual springs, a picnic area, and a nice arboretum. There are great hiking trails in wooded hills on either side of the campground. The RV area has dedicated parking spots for each RV with picnic tables and fire pits. The keypad coded bathhouse and laundry are also located in this area(keeps out the general public). The tent area is more or less a strip of mown grass with a few picnic tables and fire pits on either side of the road, with the creek and run off channels on either side. Obviously, you want to get a site on the creek side. Definitely hike back to Blowing Springs, LOTS of flowing water. The hiking trails up top are really pretty and surprising. I came across a cemetery up on a bluff, and found another small spring. It’s easy to get turned around and confused on the trails as they seem to overlap and some trail names seem to appear on several trails.

Camp along the river, but not much river access

All sites have nice tent pads, concrete picnic tables, fire rings, and lantern hooks. The sites are either on the river side of the long skinny loop or on the road side(sandwiched between the main road and the campground road). All sites have great hammock trees, and late at night and early in the morning you can hear the river from everywhere. However, you have to work really hard to get down to the river as the campground sits on high ground next to the river. You are better off going down the road a bit to get to one of the fishing access points instead. All of those have a nice parking area and a wide trail up and over a berm to get down to the river and skinny trails along the river for fishing.  They also have several horns scattered up and down the river to warn of sudden flooding/high water when the have to do a release from the dam upstream. It will startle you for sure!

Island camping fully accessible

The main camping area is on an island that you drive onto, how cool is that?! Unfortunately, it was temporarily closed due to Covid19, and a lot of the sites were flooded from high water anyway. I took a walk over the spit of land connecting the camping island with the mainland and walked around the small(maybe a couple acres) island. Here’s what I saw: every site had water and electric hookups, a picnic table, and a fire ring. Sites right on the lake(and some very much under water) also had a pavilion covering the picnic tables. Sites in the middle had nice mature tree cover, but weren’t necessarily as level as the lake sites. The bathhouse was closed, but looked fairly new or at least well maintained. I didn’t see any boat launches or places to bring your boat right up to sites, but back on the mainland is a public boat launch. There are also some sites along the lake on the mainland, also with electric and water hookups.

My favorite Corp Site I have stayed at

The view here says it all. The lakefront sites are the way to go if you are wanting uninterrupted sunrises and sunsets!! These sites are elevated and even and allow you to get out and enjoy without having a lot of work to set up and make sure you are going to be in a good place. Everything is pretty much already where it should be.

Some of these sites do have stairs and that could be a problem in some cases, and I definitely advise to be careful on these when it is wet outside as they can become very slick quickly(trust me on this one…lol).

I have stayed at a lot of sites from the Corp and this is by far one of my favorites. I was pretty impressed overall by the site and wasn’t expecting this caliber after some of the others I had stayed at previously. The grounds were kept immaculately and the restrooms stayed so clean.

I stayed in site 33, a random placement when I arrived because there were no others around me. It was great. I could walk easily to the facilities or to the beach without being right there in the middle of the day use area. That was perfect placement in my opinion.

Speaking of that day use area they have volleyball and a basketball court along with several picnic areas. Though this is an overnight or day use site, on many days there is little traffic by those coming just for recreation, at least when I visited slightly after summer.

I will be staying here again in the future whenever I want to stay a bit off the beaten path but still near Table Rock. I liked that there were supplies nearby in Kimberling City so I didn’t have to worry about to much and you can get a site through the attendant for multiple nights easily instead of worrying about everything always being reserved.

Waterfront site

We had site #22 which was on the water facing west at the end of the loop. We had electric & filled with water when we arrived. There is a dump station here. It's a big lake We launched the kayak in from our site which is nice & floated on noodles in the lake at our site. It was a busy campground and there was a big group across from us with a mile long clothesline. Not a big deal just don't look that way. We had a tent camper that partied till 4 am one night loud people. It was only one night though.

Eureka Springs is a cute town very narrow streets and tough to park. Nice old houses built into the hills with springs.

Went to Blue springs, Pivot rock, Christ of the Ozarks statue, antiquing and good eats galore.

Nice, small campground tucked away in the hills on the Missouri-Arkansas border

We loved our stay at Holiday Island Campground. Camp host is the best host we have encountered. It is a small campground with no more than 20 sites. Sites are not too close together and all of them are shady. Also the bathrooms are great!

There is water access via one small trail that leads to Table Rock Lake however it is not necessarily the best place to be getting in the water. When we were there the water was up and we would have had to wade through gunk to get out into the broader part of the lake. I’d say it would probably be suitable to launch a kayak from but you wouldn’t want to swim there. We had to drive about 20 minutes to get to a swimming beach.

It is a beautiful area to camp in and Eureka Springs is only 10 minutes away. Additionally you are 10-20 minutes from pretty much everything you would want to do including Table Rock Lake, Beaver Lake and White river.

Quiet up in the hills

This was a fun private campground usually used as a music festival site. On the weekend I went, things were quiet and there were only a few campers. You can pay online or at the self check in kiosk(the friendly cat will want to visit). The few campers that were there were scattered over the 160 acres, with some in the trees, some along the back road, and some in the festival stage area. I picked a nice spot on the edge of the trees in the meadow where I could hear the turkeys calling to each other in the morning. Most of the campers up in the stage area seemed to be long term campers with semi-permanent structures(including a shipping container) and several converted school buses. It seemed that only the spots in the woods had rock firepits, and no sites had picnic tables. There was a bathhouse at the main check in that was available to“resident campers” only due to covid. The rest of us made due with the porta potties scattered around the property. There is an awesome frisbee golf course that seemed to cover the entire property and have more than the usual number of baskets. Also on the property are several art installations and a Jerry Garcia shrine. What more could you want?

Close to Table Rock Lake

This was a neat and busy little campground right on the water and right next to town. Even though only a quarter of the sites were on the river/lake, there didn’t really seem to be a bad site in the entire park as they all had views of the water, and all had trees (although some were better for hammocks than others), giving everyone plenty of shade. Even the sites in the middle of the loop were good, especially if you have a large group and want a central area to congregate in the evenings. A few sites on the water had direct access to the water, so you could kayak right up to your tent/RV. There was a big playground in the middle for kids. The bathrooms/bathhouse was closed due to Covid-19, so to camp here you have to be self contained for the time being. There is a restaurant that is supposedly pretty good right next to the entrance of the campground. Take a walk out of the campground to the historic bridge over the water, and right by the bridge is an old spring house with really good drinkable water still flowing out. Just past this is a mown trail along the water that goes for a ways. A great place to stretch the legs with or without a dog.

Stay here!

We found this campground after our reservations at a different place were cancelled.  This is the best little campground we have ever been to.  The owner and staff are great.  The whole place has so much charm.  We LOVED the greenhouse.

Do yourself a favor and plan a trip here.