Yurts
No WiFi
Lake Catherine State Park is located in Arkansas
37 Reviews of Lake Catherine State Park
Very Nice

A great spot to get away! All sites are predominantly shaded. Most have 50amp/full hookup. Some are 30amp/water only. Satellite signal may be an issue with some sites due to the trees. All sites are paved and also have a tent pad.

The waterfall was beautiful

We really enjoyed our stay at lake catherine. We hiked to the waterfall with 5 children all under the age of 6 and it wasn't too bad. The campground was nice.

Spacious sites

Lake Catherine provided a relaxing spring break! Beautiful scenery, nice hikes and very peaceful. The campground was quiet. Bathhouses were in good shape. Lots of space between sites to play frisbee, etc.

There were some hiking trails with varying levels of difficulty. You need to be part billy goat for part of it. I recommend the path that runs along the lakefront and heads back to the waterfall.

Only downfall was seeing the factory across the lake.

Great Placew for camping

We stayed in the Yurt and it was  great.   The lake is beautiful and it was quiet.  There was actually a camp host nearby.  Didnt get to go fishing, but it looked very good.  Very close to Hot Springs depending on where you come in from.  We'll be going back.

One of my favorite state parks

Absolutely Gorgeous! My husband and I stayed 3 nights in site 26, back in with electric. If you bring a long enough hose, you could do a water hookup. We used the shower in the bathhouse across the street, which was very clean and had very strong water pressure. Huge site and a public pier behind us, which we had to ourselves for the most part. In the busier months/weekends, I would book away from the pier.

Great Park with nice trails.

The only reason I didn’t give a 5 is the partying kids across from us. They partied hard cussing and loud music until 3 am two nights in a row.

This is s wonderful park I grew up camping at. You can rent a boat and fish all day. Play in the waterfall or walk the great trails!

Great campground

Very nice sites. Plenty of room for your RV and most have a gravel pad - for your tent or setting up a washers game. The hike to the small waterfall beautiful!

Great weekend getaway!

My husband, myself, our dog and two friends tent camped for the weekend. We were lucky enough to have a site on the water. It's a nice park we hiked, rented a canoe and did some swimming. Very peaceful and nice campground. We will be back for sure.

Love this place

Our favorite place to camp so far.

Family Fun

This is one of our favorite spots. We come here yearly. Its very kid friendly and well organized as far as camping spots. Very friendly staff. Nice info office for check ins with a store inside. Swimming area is okay but no lifeguard. We really liked the free boat tour that the rangers do. My kids enjoyed the educational classes and animal displays.