Heber Springs, ARKANSAS

Camping Arkansas Heber Springs

Most Recent Heber Springs Camping Reviews
Unfortunate name, cool place

On the bank of the Arkansas River, great access to water. Good boat ramp, picnic tables and RV sites. Very clean, bring your mosquito repellent.

Nice place, not my cup of tea

Campsites were very nice but a little closely stacked. Very steep decline to the waters edge. No mosquitoes which is half a point itself.

One of my favorites

Great campground on the bank of the Little Red River; a cold water, world class trout fishery. Great bath, picnic and fishing access. USFWS trout hatchery on site. One of my favorite campgrounds. Shady and cool in the hot Arkansas summer and protected from the wind for a great camping trip.

I could live here!

The location of this campground is incredible! So incredible, that I am trying to figure out a way to go every weekend! I am a river girl, so this is my heaven. The campground is broken up into different sections. The front sections A, B & C are closer to the river and have better river views. We stayed in section D. There is about 100 yards of trees between you and the river, so I doubt you get river views during the summer, but you can see the river during leaf off.

The bathrooms are older, but they were clean. Our site had electric and water hook ups. No sewer.

You can access the river and trout fish right from the campground. This is also a day use area, so the boat ramp and fishing pier are pretty busy during the day. The fish hatchery is also on site and is worth stopping by and spending a few minutes here (free).

The Collins Creek Trail is also accessible from the campground. No need to drive to the trailhead. Take the trail that starts where the bridge crosses from Section C to D closer to the back of the campground. It is worth the short hike. There was plenty of water flowing over the cascades during January, but I have been told that it is pretty dry during the Summer.

If you are wanting to eat a local dinner, I highly recommend checking out Lindsey's Resort that is near by. I believe the restaurant is only open on the weekends. We went on a Friday night and did not have too long of a wait. The food was excellent!

Close to Buffalo River National Park

6 full hook up sites, pull thru 50 amp. Sites are close together but I am the only one here.

Closed

Toad Suck is temporarily closed. June 2019 flood deviated it and looks to remain closed thru 2020.

Salado Rest Area

6 primitive camping spots with picnic tables, grill and trash cans. The site has a men and women's restroom with flushing toilets and sinks and is handicap accessible. This is also the take out point from a 12 mile float from Camp Tahkodah, a 20 min. drive away.

Great location on Greers Ferry

Dam Site is a nice campground on Greers Ferry Lake. The location is perfect for enjoying the lake, the Little Red River and all the other outdoor adventures that Heber Springs has to offer. We like winter camping, but it appears that they close off most sections of the park during the colder months. There is a newer private/suite style bathroom in the park. Much nicer than the old stall style.

Great spots and people

Most spots are river view.. nice breezes

Nice fall camping

I don’t enjoy camping here during summer way overcrowded but is wonderful this time of year!!! Enjoyed our weekend!!