Fort Smith, ARKANSAS

Most Recent Fort Smith Camping Reviews
Nice quiet campground close to 1-40

Peaceful, quiet National Forest Service campground.

Ranger Review of Banner & Oaks Bull Tan Hat at Devil's Den State Park

Amazing State Park with something for everyone

I have been to Devil's Den State Park twice now and this is my favorite state park in Arkansas. Devil's Den State park has something for every camper, no matter how you prefer to camp. Tent camping, hike in camping, RVs, cabins, they have it all. Want to bring your horse, you can do that as well. Devil's Den has some great hiking and mountain biking trails, from short to long. If you only do one trail be sure that is the Devil's Den Trail, you won't be disappointed on this 1.5 mile trail. If you want a longer trail there is the 15 mile Butterfield Hiking Trail. Devil's Den campground includes 135 campsites ranging from basic tent sites to full hookups for the RV crowed and horse sites. Campground are all paved with paved parking pads. Individual sites have tent pads, picnic tables, fire rings and a first for me, hooks for hanging your lantern. Flush toilets and showers are included. If you like to swim they even have a pool. Park has a store to provide your food needs. Sites all appeared to be well spaced. If you want complete privacy the word is get one of the walk in sites, you will have a bit of a walk but the reward is complete solitude. Lee Creek runs through the park and a 8-acre lake which allows fishing and boating with canoes and pedal boats. You need to reserve your site before hand or at the visitor center. One thing I do like is if you arrive to late to register at the visitor center, then you can just grab an empty site for the night, you just have to register the next day by 10am.

Ranger Review of Banner& Oaks Bull Tan Hat

Got the Bull Tan hat and have been wearing it for about a month now. Hat fits great, looks great. This is a very well made hat with quality materials and made in the U.S.A. It has held up amazing well in all weather conditions, sun, heat, rain and even snow and continues to hold its shape. I have a lot of hats and this one is one of my favorites.

Don't stay in the Hike-in sites (keep it secret, keep it safe)

I try to tent camp at Devils Den 2-3 times a years. Any season. The hike-in sites are heaven. Yes, you do have to hike in, through the water, up and up for a quarter mile but it is SOOOO WORTH IT!! Seclusion. You can't reach out and touch your neighbor. You don't have to worry about anyone seeing you get dressed. You can pick up radio stations without disturbing anyone(at a reasonable volume). During the summer you can't even see another tent through the trees. My partner and I have hiked Butterfield Trail backwards and forwards(both directions) and are so happy to come back"home" to our site where we can relax with a fire and the raccoons. We have met so many others who hike in for privacy and make friends around a fire. Even in the summer the nights get chilly so you have to snuggle. And if you need some city life, Fayetteville is less than an hour away.

Laid-back getaway to set your own speed

This was my first visit to Mulberry River Outdoor Adventures, and it won't be my last. The property is more set-up for RV and ATV use but the tent site/s are surprisingly secluded. I need to talk about the property owner. He is incredibly friendly and accommodating. He greeted us with his precious dogs and hung out with us until we were settled in, telling us all about the property, trails, and nearby waterfalls. If you want a full and fast weekend, he can point you in the right directions, even take you there on his buggy. Or if you are in need of a quiet, relaxing escape by the water he will let you be. The RV'ers were friendly when we crossed paths.  This seems like the Cheer's of campsite. Everyone know everyone and strangers are welcome.  Very laid back.  My partner and I were the only tent campers that weekend (for a slow, quiet escape) so we chose the"island" tent site, which is maybe 100' from the water.  Wish I had brought hammocks to utilize the swing contraption on the shore (see pictures).

Bonuses:

1. If the Labradoodle likes you she will swim with you.

2. I am walking mosquito bait and was only bitten twice!

3. The nicest "outhouse" I've ever encountered. Cedar paneling, full shower, and hot water!!

Nice open grassy area 10 miles out of Fayetteville.

Long gravel drive (important for motorcyclists). Tent and RV sites. Beer garden. Bands. Food trucks. Open the weekend of Bikes Blues and BBQ only.

Great family owners, best showers ever for a camplground!

Vvery nice campground, with friendly helpful staff. Fabulous showers.

Beautiful Lake View Campsites

Have stayed here multiple times in the past and it’s exactly as stated - a lake campsite. The view is beautiful over one of the prettiest lakes in the region. Like a previous reviewer said it is warm in the spring and summer months but not sure you can ding the campsite and give it less stars because it was warm. Great place to camp!

Campground closure

Cedar Lake is going to be closed for few weeks during Fall of 2019 for maintenance and repairs. I would be sure and call office before traveling there in hopes of camping!

This camp ground clean and very near the Arkansas River

We love camping here we are close to biking and fishing

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend we camped at Greenleaf State Park in the Gobbler Ridge Campground site number #18. This area was nice and spacious. We didn’t feel like we were squashed into our neighbors. It was however “Labor Day” weekend which normally means bad weather and let me tell you we weren’t surprised Saturday night when the sky just opened up and started to pour. The site we had was partially shaded but kind of a small valley so after the rain it was pretty soggy. There are other campgrounds close by and stuff to do. The park is in the process of constructing a splash pad next to the miniature golf course. On Saturday nights they do a wagon ride with a guide that talks about the area. Bummer for us cause one family 23 people took up the whole ride. Holiday weekend…..maybe should have two wagons? All in all I think we had a good time and would definitely recommend this park.

best camping in arkansas

I love this campground!! It has everything. There is great campsites, as well as a little corner store, water front, restaurant, hook-ups, really everything you need. The employees are ALWAYS friendly and helpful, campsites are well put together, a bathroom and showers are on site. This is one of the best campgrounds in Arkansas. Dog friendly

Great campground!

Beautiful spacious and clean sites. Great location in the park and near water and many hiking trails. Will stay again!

We will be back!

We had a great time here, just a day trip. Water was clean & refreshing. Hearing the water flow was relaxing. We’re looking forward to going back & doing a weekend camp!

Hidden Gem

The mulberry river is a ridden gem the runs through the Ozarks. It’s just a quiet beautiful place to camp, ride ATVs, float the river or just hangout with friends and families. This campground is great! It reminds of a more exclusive campground with limited spaces so it’s just a treat to camp somewhere that’s not crowded.

Just living is not enough...

Stuff your eyes with wonder while taking all the roads less traveled. When confronted with a fork in the road be prepared to take both and probably chase a waterfall or two.
Wash your spirit clean in the Mulberry River with good friends and beautiful scenery!

Most magical place to be

We started coming out every weekend since May. Our children love it!! Our friends come down for the afternoon to swim and trail ride. It’s the most magical place to spend with your family and friends. The Floyd family is probably the nicest family you ever meet. Kayaking, tubing, trail rides are just a few things you can do there. One trip there and you will be hooked!Spend the night in a tent under the stars or bring an RV and chill around the camp fire. If you forget something, someone most likely will have it because everyone is family there.

Most magical place to be

Heaven on earth!

Our family has always been one that likes to be outside and Mulberry is such a beautiful hidden gem! This weekend we went chasing waterfalls and hiked through caves it was BEAUTIFUL!!

Wonderful weekend outing

Right off I40, on the Mulberry River, very friendly staff, you can Tube, float, kuyak, or just swim and relax. They have access to the national forest, and atv there also.

Walkingsticks Infestation

Made plans with my son and his gf for a weekend of camping at White Rock (this was last year - Sept. 20, 2018), and booked a campsite through Recreation.gov and paid the fees.  Upon arrival we checked in through the office and were directed to our site.  It took only a minute to see there was a problem.  As we unloaded the truck, hundreds of walkingsticks started climbing on our stuff.  They were all over the ground and even falling from the trees!!  Within minutes there must have been thousands!!  We were immediately loading the stuff back to the truck and headed back to the office.  The park caretaker acted like it was no big deal, even stated, "this was the second year of the infestation" (her words).  Infestation??  Why wasn't this mentioned on Recreation.gov??  There was no way you could spend a relaxing weekend camping if you have to fight these insects off everything you own!!  Upon returning home I contacted Recreation.gov and applied for a refund since we were unable to camp there…I was denied and no reason was given!!  It would be a good idea to call ahead and check on any campground that is operated by Recreation.gov, because obviously they don't care about the site, just your money!!

Incredible views

We went up for the day to hike.   Amazing trip wouldn’t miss it.   Stop by the visitor center.

Beautiful Views!

So this was our first trip to Devil’s Den and our first trip with our new pop up. The forecast didn’t look promising but we went anyway. Didn’t know about the lack of cell service, but being off the grid it was great for the most part! There were cell spots within a few minutes drive so could check the weather forecast.

We didn’t know much about our exact campsite until we got there. It was right next to the baseball field and it was very spread out. We scoped our better spots for next time. We were able to go on a short hike in between the rain and the trail was beautiful.

My only complaint was restrooms in comparison to other Arkansas state parks. The bar is set high and these didn’t feel the cleanest. A young man was there each morning “cleaning” but I can’t say it was very clean. As stated before, I feel Arkansas state parks have the best facilities that we’ve camped, so over all it was nice, but not the best.

We plan on checking out Devil’s Den again and hope for better weather!

Great campsite to stay while floating the river

This campground is very close to the river so after we finished kayaking, we were able to walk straight back to our campsite. The only downside about this campsite is that it can get kind of noisy when there is a bunch of people camping. However, our campsite was clean, spacious, and the restrooms/showers were very close.

Cowlington Point

Nice campground. Water/electric, no sewer hookups at camp sites. Restroom facilities are old but usually clean. Campground located on the Kerr Navigation Channel. Very clean and quiet campground!

Great experience

We ended up extending our stay 1 more night

First Camping Trip=Epic

This was our very first camping trip, and it was perfect. We visited over spring break for a few days. It was cold in the mornings (perfect for a fire and camp coffee), warm during the day (great hiking weather-no bugs or snakes), and cold at night (great snuggling weather). Loop A is great. Some sites are right by Lee Creek. The bathhouse is clean and warm. There is no power or water, but it didn’t bother us. We cooked over the fire and loved every minute.

Holiday weekend

Nice campground, long dirt road to get there. Fellow campers need to respect the other campers and the quiet solitude of nature. Beautiful two mile hike on the rim trail.

Great all around state park

This is a great place to camp or hike. It has a great trail that you can explore, with lots of large boulders and some caves that you can get real close to. I think you can go in them at some times too but when I was there it was closed due to something with the bats. There is also a pretty dam and lake that is right there for fishing or kayaking. When you think of a campsite that has it all, this one is it. It's got your water source, trails, big boulders to climb, caves. There is also a state park center to visit and get info. There are plenty of campsites and several cabins to rent. There is a horse trail and other things for horse but I haven't explored it. They do have a pool that is open for the summer. I have just been there to hike but saw these other amenities. Hope this helps.

This place is incredible!

Buffalo, horses and awesome amounts of fish! We stayed here in a duplex cabin and could just fish right out our back door. They have hiking trails and 2 private lakes. The RV area looked new because all of the power boxes had 50/30 and 120 outlets and breakers which is super cool. All of the sites had sewer and water connections too.

Great campgrounds

Love going camping at Bryds. The Brydfest events are always a pleasure and the Mulberry River is beautiful. Restaurant on site has great food too.