About John F Kennedy - Greers Ferry Lake
US Army Corps of Engineers
John F Kennedy - Greers Ferry Lake is located in Arkansas
7 Reviews of John F Kennedy - Greers Ferry Lake
I could live here!

The location of this campground is incredible! So incredible, that I am trying to figure out a way to go every weekend! I am a river girl, so this is my heaven. The campground is broken up into different sections. The front sections A, B & C are closer to the river and have better river views. We stayed in section D. There is about 100 yards of trees between you and the river, so I doubt you get river views during the summer, but you can see the river during leaf off.

The bathrooms are older, but they were clean. Our site had electric and water hook ups. No sewer.

You can access the river and trout fish right from the campground. This is also a day use area, so the boat ramp and fishing pier are pretty busy during the day. The fish hatchery is also on site and is worth stopping by and spending a few minutes here (free).

The Collins Creek Trail is also accessible from the campground. No need to drive to the trailhead. Take the trail that starts where the bridge crosses from Section C to D closer to the back of the campground. It is worth the short hike. There was plenty of water flowing over the cascades during January, but I have been told that it is pretty dry during the Summer.

If you are wanting to eat a local dinner, I highly recommend checking out Lindsey's Resort that is near by. I believe the restaurant is only open on the weekends. We went on a Friday night and did not have too long of a wait. The food was excellent!

Great spots and people

Most spots are river view.. nice breezes

Great campground below the dam on the Little Red River.

Well kept campground with easy access to trout fishing below the dam. The staff is friendly, the sites are very nice and your Keep America Beautiful pass will get you half price on your site!

amazing place

Always love this place, I have come out every year for the better part of the last 10, and this year my wife joined… love the cooler temps by the river, the fly fishing, and the overall park and how well they manage the area 10/10 we always be a fan of this place.

Our favorite to go to camp ground!

This spot is popular so get your reservations in! Some come as you go spots but they go quickly! Great fishing, Ckean, restrooms. We love this spot!

Have camped here yearly for 30+ years and a piece of my heart will always be there. Camping near the river usually means way less mosquitos & a lower temp than the lake side of the park. I can’t give it 5 stars due to recent year deterioration with the bathhouses & lack of improvements to the rv sites, mainly adding sewer hookups

Best campsite in ARkansas

Great campsite with close proximity to trout fishing and a beautiful lake.