Yurts
Equestrian
About Petit Jean State Park

The campgrounds feature a total of 125 campsites (including 26 pull-through sites). Thirty-five of the sites—the Class AAA sites—have 30 and 50 amp electrical, water, and sewer hookups. The 90 Class B sites offer 30 amp electrical and water hookups. All sites are reservable. Campsites are divided into four campground areas. Each includes a modern bathhouse with hot showers and flush toilets. Area "A" is near Lake Bailey and include sites along the lakeshore. Areas "B," "C," and "D" are located on the south side of Ark. 154 in wooded settings.

Other campsite choices in the main camping area include a 44-unit Rally-style Area with 20 amp electrical service available for camping clubs.

A trailer dump station is centrally located near the Rally-style camping area.

Petit Jean is Arkansas's only state park with its own airport.

Hike In
Petit Jean State Park is located in Arkansas
45 Reviews of Petit Jean State Park
Wonderful time

My husband and I tent camped here in November. Pretty cold at night but the weather was perfect for the hikes which were absolutely stunning. We had a delicious breakfast with a view at the lodge. 10 out of 10 would recommend!

Absolutely Sublime

I had an absolute blast while at Petit Jean State Park. I stayed at the Mather lodge and in one of the cabins both of which I loved staying in. The trails through out the park are all great hikes, even the less prominent paths are nice to explore. The hike down to Cedar Falls is absolutely fantastic and more than worth the trek. My favorite part of the park hands down has to be the multiple look out points you can find around the mountain. The views you can find along red bluff drive and at the gravesite are breathtaking. Petit Jean State park is fantastic and I can’t wait to go back.

Awesome camping

We stayed in the yurts one time and it was nice but hot. Bring FANS. The yurt came with a canoe and life jackets. We loved that stay. My favorite stay is at the tent sites. We have stayed so many times. Several areas to hike with young children. Swimming pool available at a good price. The kids love the near by petting zoo. Lake available for fishing and boat rentals. Wonderful views all around one of my favorite spots.

Skoolie camping

Good spots full hookups, clean bathrooms and shower, hot water. Quiet surroundings, lots to see and explore, hiking galore from easy to experience hikers..has access to cool pool local stores for supplies and occasional events…

Beautiful area

Our first time in Petit Jean State Park and hopefully not our last! The area is so beautiful and the park is clean. We stayed in one of the yurts. The kids enjoyed the geese right outside the door and at night, the deer came out only feet from the yurt. The yurt itself is was as expected. Only beds inside with one table, 4 chairs and a fan. It does have electricity inside but no water. Outside is a nice deck, propane stove, water faucet, fire ring, picnic table and bbq pit. It also has a canoe available for use with each yurt. The boathouse was not too far away and well maintained. There is a very nice pool on the grounds also. We really enjoyed the hiking trails.

Last minute fun

We took our little camper out to Petit Jean for the first time and it was a blast. We were a little unprepared, so we stayed in the overflow area. This part is not paved and has no fire pit, so we couldn't have a fire. If you have a portable fire pit you can have a fire there. Also those spots do not have a grill, but we have a small one that we were able to use. The driveways to get to the overflow area are a bit rough (roots sticking up through the dirt) and it takes a bit to get level (sloped toward the lake). However, the dump station is very clean and convenient. We will definitely come back to Petit Jean in the future.

Really clean!

Cleanest park I ve ever see! From the loop A, great view to the lake. A lot of hiking around

Fantastic State Park Campground

We stayed at Petit Jean State Park for the first time over Easter weekend. Even though the park was booked to capacity, it is so well laid out that it was really nice to be there.. The first night we were in loop we were in loop D. Unfortunately, the space was too small for our fifth wheel. So when I spoke to the visitor Center in the morning, they were able to put us in the highly desirable loop A. We ended up in site #30. It had a beautiful view of the lake. It's was also a plus to have full hookups including 50 amp service and sewer. So unusual for a state park.

The during the days before we arrived, the area was hit by torrential rains. The weather cleared and I hiked down to the Cedar Falls trail to see the falls. The video is of the roaring falls. There is not typically so much flow. We were lucky!

We spent most of our days hiking the many trails the park is known for. It was at peak Dogwood season, so the understory of the Forest was beautiful!

We will definitely camp there again!

Very beautiful and peaceful

Very nice place. Friendly people. Good amount of space between campers. We were on Loop A number 16, so we faced a yurt and the lake. BEAUTIFUL hiking area!!!

Nice park with lots to do!

We camped in section C site 61. Great location, pretty view, close to bathhouse. Great hiking, fishing and views. Bathrooms are clean. We would highly recommend this park.