About Lake Leatherwood City Park
Municipal
Lake Leatherwood City Park is located in Arkansas
7 Reviews of Lake Leatherwood City Park
Love it

e of our favorite campgrounds close to home, literally 2 miles as the crow flys. With the new improvements and tent pads just makes for a great camping experience

Amazing !

Memorial weekend outside eureka Springs and couldn’t have asked for a better place to camp!! Miles and miles of biking and hiking trails, swimming and fishing galore. The hosts are so thoughtful and considerate. Lovely place to spend time with your family, no cell phone service either which is phenomenal..

Disappointed

I came to scout this campground for a potential sister on the fly event I want to hold. Arrived at appointed time. My spot was blocked by another vehicle. I waited (in the sweltering heat) for 45 min while the park host tried to chase down the owner.

i finally drove to another campground and just ate the $44 for 2 nights

Spaces are tight, and very misrepresented on the campground map on reserve.com

Although the host was apologetic and nice…it was totally unacceptable. Signs should be in place to indicate non parking area.

my suggestion would have been a tow truck…

Only 10 Minutes From Historic Downtown Without Downtown Prices

I am a huge fan of the springs in Eureka Springs and and the victorian style of the town itself. You can come here during any given time of year and find something of interest from the motorcycle rallies to the classic vw weekends to the art week or even fiddle fest and one of the most important things when attending any number of these events is finding the perfect site to stay.

I explored many options in my numerous trips to this area from those sites in town to those just outside its bounds, each offering their own unique features to add to the Eureka way of life.

On one trip I check out Lake Leatherwood City Park, a campground only about 10 minutes outside of the historic downtown area. This historic lake has both tent camping and cabin options.

I selected a tent option without electrical connections and it was only $13. My camp included the typical fire ring and picnic table, nothing to special in way of actual provided items. But something that did make #14 a bit better than most were the views of the lake itself. It was located in what they consider the meadow section of the campground, a bit further away from the restrooms but worth the walk because of the lake access.

I was very pleased with the size of my site and the overall feeling of the campground. It was not to crowded, despite it being a weekend. I feel like part of this was because of the time of year I was there, not yet summer. It was easy to maneuver in and out of camp and toward town where I spent the majority of my time.

This option is perfect for those wanting to enjoy the Eureka Springs area without the hassle of finding a place in city limits at a much higher price point. By taking the short 10 minute community you can save nearly $10 on a campsite or on the lower side up to $30 from hotels.

A few fun things to check out at the lake are the swimming beach, the dam area with the unique bridge across and the many trails for both hiking and biking.

TIPS:

• Get a pass for the trolly and park and ride instead of trying to find parking and paying much more. If you want you can park at the Harley Dealership and Pine Mountain Village area (large parking area with a trolly stop).
  • Go on a springs tour, you can find maps at the downtown museum for where each of the springs are located and from there you can ride the trolly or walk to the majority of those.
Small, cheap, FUN

This is a great little hideaway. Inexpensive, small and close to kayaking water…highly recommended

Not too shabby

We had a electric site with a pop up. We arrived and realized it's mostly set up for tent camping. The employees weren't exactly the most welcoming, or informative. It's a neat area though, playground, pretty lake and trails. When we went it looked like they were making some major improvements on the sites, which is great. If you're in a tent or in the bike cabins, go for it. It's totally for you guys. For an rv? I wouldn't do it again. Showers and restrooms weren't awful.

Will be very nice

We went in the off season and got a creek March snowstorm our group sampled a little of everything they had to offer. Some tent camping, some staying in the cabins and some in the new bike cabins. They were working on renovating the cabins and adding new tent pads when we were there. Overall was a good place showers were ok but showing their age. Direct access to trails and lake very nice. Had nice group bonfire. Good times overall.