Add Review
About Richland Creek Recreation Area

This area has a small picturesque mountain stream with waterfalls, rocks, and bluffs. There is access to the Richland Creek Wilderness Area. 11 family camping units. Because of very rough roads, visitors are not encouraged to take camping trailers to Richland Creek.

Campground and Day-Use Area Rules

National Forest
Richland Creek Recreation Area is located in Arkansas
Directions
From Russellville take Arkansas 7 north for 37 miles to Pelsor, then turn right (east) on Arkansas 16 and go 10 miles, then turn left (north) on Forest Service Road 1205 (gravel)., which is located 1.5 miles south of Ben Hur. Take Forest Service Road 1205 (gravel) north 9 miles to Richland Creek.
4 Reviews of Richland Creek Recreation Area
Waterfall heaven!

This place was amazing. These sites were well kept and spaced enough to feel private. We never made it to hike to twin falls but we did play in the creek and jump off the big rocks. We eventually drove down and found falling water falls, and six finger falls! I recommend making a trip to both of you go out this way. The water was a little cloudier than normal due to the recent rainfall but still beautiful!

Isolated, Beautiful, Primitive

I went camping here the summer after my senior year of high school and it was a wonderful choice! I was looking for a campsite that was going to have my friends and I far away from any towns or anything so I could let them have a true camping experience. We were never able to find the trail that led to the waterfall behind the camp, but we did have the chance to walk up one of the creeks and find a swimming hole. While it may have been a bit humid, it was definitely worth it as it was very peaceful out there.

Essential Arkansas for those who can rough it

Wonderful spot for peaceful camping, as well as hiking. Primitive sites. Be prepared for limited or no cell service and miles of gravel roads - download or print your driving and hiking maps (including how to find the falls) ahead of time. This campground combines well with stops at other worthy Arkansas sites along your drive, such as Pedestal Rocks, Haw Creek falls, and Falling Water Creek (gravel roadside) falls.

Gorgeous!

Beautiful views. We love camping in the fall so it was private and quiet. Off the grid for two days, no phone service! Loved it.