Fayetteville, ARKANSAS

Most Recent Fayetteville Camping Reviews
Beautiful views

Had a great time kayaking! Awesome fishing and swimming! The water is crystal clear with rocky pebble shore line. Great place to stay!

Beautiful place to stay!

Kayaking, swimming, and fishing were awesome!

Beautiful place to stay!

Had a blast kayaking, swimming, and fishing!

Nice quiet campground close to 1-40

Peaceful, quiet National Forest Service campground.

Ranger Review of Banner & Oaks Bull Tan Hat at Devil's Den State Park

Amazing State Park with something for everyone

I have been to Devil's Den State Park twice now and this is my favorite state park in Arkansas. Devil's Den State park has something for every camper, no matter how you prefer to camp. Tent camping, hike in camping, RVs, cabins, they have it all. Want to bring your horse, you can do that as well. Devil's Den has some great hiking and mountain biking trails, from short to long. If you only do one trail be sure that is the Devil's Den Trail, you won't be disappointed on this 1.5 mile trail. If you want a longer trail there is the 15 mile Butterfield Hiking Trail. Devil's Den campground includes 135 campsites ranging from basic tent sites to full hookups for the RV crowed and horse sites. Campground are all paved with paved parking pads. Individual sites have tent pads, picnic tables, fire rings and a first for me, hooks for hanging your lantern. Flush toilets and showers are included. If you like to swim they even have a pool. Park has a store to provide your food needs. Sites all appeared to be well spaced. If you want complete privacy the word is get one of the walk in sites, you will have a bit of a walk but the reward is complete solitude. Lee Creek runs through the park and a 8-acre lake which allows fishing and boating with canoes and pedal boats. You need to reserve your site before hand or at the visitor center. One thing I do like is if you arrive to late to register at the visitor center, then you can just grab an empty site for the night, you just have to register the next day by 10am.

Ranger Review of Banner& Oaks Bull Tan Hat

Got the Bull Tan hat and have been wearing it for about a month now. Hat fits great, looks great. This is a very well made hat with quality materials and made in the U.S.A. It has held up amazing well in all weather conditions, sun, heat, rain and even snow and continues to hold its shape. I have a lot of hats and this one is one of my favorites.

Arkansas Diamond

This camp ground is close to a mecca of both biking and mountain biking trails. Nice bath area, only if it is hot outside it is hot in there. Back in sights for RV and rent areas.

No longer a camping area - come to fish

While this little park in Lanagan use to allow camping (picture of a tent & RV are still on the sign) this is no longer the case.  The site is now a day use area only.  The camping area is overgrown and in disrepair.  The frequent flooding of Indian Creek most likely didn't help things.  The park is now mainly just a fishing access site for Indian Creek.  Noticed a group of kids heading to the park with fishing poles in hand, so the fishing must be decent.  The Park has a small shelter, but is with out picnic tables.  Site has a vault toilet, but it was locked during my visit.  A small playground is available.

Will go back !

This was our first time family camping….. with 10 people! Unable to reserve an electric site because the place was packed! Our basic family site was spacious and near the river. All of us ( ages 1-40) enjoyed fishing and playing in the river by Campground 3 and exploring the trails and dry creek bed by Campground 1. The bathrooms and shower house at Campground 3 were completely decent, and are tidied up through out the day. The office staff are helpful and friendly, and the store is full of necessities, snacks, fishing gear, etc. You can even rent fishing poles by the day.

Will go back !

Average, we had some problems

They stuck us in the most narrow, difficult spot they could have, and made us pay 3 nights for a rally when we only needed 2, and then probably sold our spot after we left early. The reservation showed we had a 30 ft camper and we had the back end hanging off a 6 foot drop- I have photos- and if our friends had walked out the back door where their room is they would have surely been injured. Sunday morning at 10 am I was told I could not use the shower house as she had just bleached it. I thought good, it's clean, but no, she insisted I walk about 1/4 miled to the end of the campground to the other shower house. Yes the place was clean and nice, but so disappointed I'll never go back and if someone asks I will not recommend. Another camper said he specifically asked for a long spot and got similar. And there were lots of spots OPEN while we were there.

Don't stay in the Hike-in sites (keep it secret, keep it safe)

I try to tent camp at Devils Den 2-3 times a years. Any season. The hike-in sites are heaven. Yes, you do have to hike in, through the water, up and up for a quarter mile but it is SOOOO WORTH IT!! Seclusion. You can't reach out and touch your neighbor. You don't have to worry about anyone seeing you get dressed. You can pick up radio stations without disturbing anyone(at a reasonable volume). During the summer you can't even see another tent through the trees. My partner and I have hiked Butterfield Trail backwards and forwards(both directions) and are so happy to come back"home" to our site where we can relax with a fire and the raccoons. We have met so many others who hike in for privacy and make friends around a fire. Even in the summer the nights get chilly so you have to snuggle. And if you need some city life, Fayetteville is less than an hour away.

Great for kids I guess

It is a pretty park and well maintained but it's not my favorite.  I stayed here when I was looking at multiple properties around the area over a beautiful week.  Personally I found the tent sites much too close together, undefined, and with no privacy at all.  I can see how families with children would enjoy this park.  There are things to do and see, but not a weekends worth.  Other campers kids seemed to love running around and making new friends with neighboring tents.  So much so that they would come to my tent asking where my kids are (I don't have any).  Thankfully I brought my own camp table because the neighbor to the right insisted that the stationary table at my site was his.  I'm not trying to be a grump.  This may be the most fun place for some people.  If you are looking for a quiet place to set camp and look at the stars in peace, this is not the place.

Laid-back getaway to set your own speed

This was my first visit to Mulberry River Outdoor Adventures, and it won't be my last. The property is more set-up for RV and ATV use but the tent site/s are surprisingly secluded. I need to talk about the property owner. He is incredibly friendly and accommodating. He greeted us with his precious dogs and hung out with us until we were settled in, telling us all about the property, trails, and nearby waterfalls. If you want a full and fast weekend, he can point you in the right directions, even take you there on his buggy. Or if you are in need of a quiet, relaxing escape by the water he will let you be. The RV'ers were friendly when we crossed paths.  This seems like the Cheer's of campsite. Everyone know everyone and strangers are welcome.  Very laid back.  My partner and I were the only tent campers that weekend (for a slow, quiet escape) so we chose the"island" tent site, which is maybe 100' from the water.  Wish I had brought hammocks to utilize the swing contraption on the shore (see pictures).

Bonuses:

1. If the Labradoodle likes you she will swim with you.

2. I am walking mosquito bait and was only bitten twice!

3. The nicest "outhouse" I've ever encountered. Cedar paneling, full shower, and hot water!!

Nice open grassy area 10 miles out of Fayetteville.

Long gravel drive (important for motorcyclists). Tent and RV sites. Beer garden. Bands. Food trucks. Open the weekend of Bikes Blues and BBQ only.

Nice quiet campground

This our third campground on Beaver Lake this summer. We would definitely come back to this one.  It was quiet and not busy which probably says more about the season than the campground.  I see lots of reviews that rate a campground down for not having amenities and suppose that is what a lot of people expect. But for me and family, we just want a nice quiet place to camp that has a place for the kids to swim.

I liked how the sites were laid out in the 2nd part of the campground (sites 30-40) better than the first section.  The first section is by the water so it has that going for it but they are all pretty close to the other sites.  The 2nd part of the campground has sites that have good space in between. We were in site 34 and loved it.

The campground has 2 swimming areas. No real beach but the site at the day-use boat ramp is better than the campground swimming area.  I don't expect much from the swimming beaches so it was sufficient.

We did hike on the trail that is in the campground. It appears to have been a loop at one point but one section of it is closed off and not in use.  The starting point is at the shower house.  It comes to a tee at one point and if you take the left it will be about .25 mile out and back. If you take the right way it will be about a .5 mile hike that will lead to an old campground and bathroom facility.  You then have to hike back to the beginning or you can cut through at one point into the campsites.

The campground is in close proximity to Hobbs State Park so my family took advantage of one of their trails as well.

What a beautiful, clean park!

This park is so clean and pretty. Staff is amazing, so friendly and helpful. We will definitely go back and recommend to everyone.

Very clean with great lake views. Every time we stay here we meet new and exciting people. One of our favorite places.

Packed Camping

Absolutely beautiful! It’s the only way to describe Roaring River! It was also packed! If you like fishing neck to neck with other trout fishermen this is your place. Camp sites were tight and well used. Part of that feeling could have come from it being flooded just a short time before our stay. GreAt Access to a creek to play in. Nice camp store. Large nice pool. Large private campground in back. Shower and bathrooms were pretty good. Not my favorite for camping.

Camping heaven

Big M Marina and campground is absolutely awesome! Nestled snug on the Missouri Arkansas border is a gem of a campground. Large grassy sites some most with electricity and water, and some with sewer. Sites are paved and pretty level. Great play area for kids. Well kept bathrooms and showers. Marina has a great restaurant that you will not be leaving hungry. Nice marina store. Boat rentals as well as slips. The swim area was very clean and accessible even though it was flooded. Only inconvenience were the roads in. Be prewar warned. It is a nail biter. All in all definitely a 9 out of 10!

Great place to relax

The campground is split by highway 86 with the east side being all paved sites for RVs. It also has the marina. The west side is more wooded and has several sites for tent camping. The sites down by the beach and boat launch are non electric. As mentioned in the other review, the traffic noise is noticeable as is the boat launch traffic, but if you can ignore that this is a great place to relax and enjoy the water.

Camping Heaven Has Been Found!

Ranger Review Big M Campground Table Rock Lake

As with most campgrounds this summer Big M was flooded. It didn’t detract from the beauty and fun this place has to offer. This is a Core run campground that sits nestled in the beautiful Ozarks/Arkansas border. It’s a little tricky getting there. Lot of curves and turns. A real nail biter! This campground has large grassy full hookup sites. The bath houses are clean and easy to get to. Anything you would want to do. Hiking, kayaking, swim beach, boating. Some of the best fishing around! Nice marina with a restaurant that you won’t leave hungry! Swim beach was flooded, but we used it anyway. Truest the gem of the Ozarks!

Primitive camping done right

This place is for primitive camping only. There are bathrooms with running toilets but no showers although they have showers at the store at the top of the hill. As you drive down this long steep hill it takes you down to the buffalo river. No camping RV’s allowed and make sure your breaks work. We go every September for a full week. It’s relaxing and the river is right there. Crisp clean water and the sound is wonderful to destress from life. I definitely recommend this campground.

Great stay

Full hook up. Quiet, 4 minutes away from Roaring River State park. Great staff. Labor Day weekend the place was packed. Kid and dog friendly.  Great to be there. Keeping on top of the list to camp there again.

Needs improvement

We booked 6 sites of horse camp for Labor Day weekend back in July. They had plenty of time to take care of sites. We got there and the grass was high on all sites. One of the guys with us brought a battery operated weed eater and started to weed eat our area when a park ranger stopped and said we weren’t allowed to weed eat only they are allowed to mow. We asked if they would mow sites and they said NO. The people right down from us on other horse site had to keep horses tied to trailer because weeds were that high you couldn’t get to horse post. One of had brought our RV with horses and were told we weren’t allowed to bring RV even though when we booked it online, it gave us the option to book RV with horses. We usually come to horse camp 5-6 times a year, but think this might be our last time going. Seems they are trying to close down horse camp.. we had reservations on Memorial Day and when we got there it was full of tent campers with NO HORSES but they were allowed to stay there. This place is turning into a joke. You pay $20 a night to get nothing but harassed by the park rangers!!

Great weekend for the family

We had a great time fishing, hiking and camping there over the weekend. The River is so clear that you can see the trout. The kids had a great time fishing and then wading/swimming in it. There is a fish hatchery to tour and many paths to hike. Also there is a very nice camp store and large inn to eat at if you don’t want to cook. We stayed in camp ground 2 and had electric hook up but water had to use a few hose to get it to the camper.

Best campground on the Elk

We love camping at Two Sons. The owners are great people and run a really nice place. The sites are all grass pads and fairly large, with several right on the water. Electric/water only, so the one drawback is no sewer connections. You’ll have to use the onsite dump station. Very large gravel bar for relaxing on, several nice floats that end right at the campground.

best camping in arkansas

I love this campground!! It has everything. There is great campsites, as well as a little corner store, water front, restaurant, hook-ups, really everything you need. The employees are ALWAYS friendly and helpful, campsites are well put together, a bathroom and showers are on site. This is one of the best campgrounds in Arkansas. Dog friendly

Withrow Springs

Quiet and relaxing park. Paved sites which make them very level for rv’s. About 30 mins from Eureka Springs.

Great campground!

Beautiful spacious and clean sites. Great location in the park and near water and many hiking trails. Will stay again!