Fires Unknown
Pets Unknown
About Horseshoe Bend

Horseshoe Bend Campground sits along the vast shores of Beaver Lake in the Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, offering spacious and sunny campsites and an abundance of recreational activities.

Recreation

Fishing opportunities are plentiful near Horseshoe Bend Campground. Beaver Lake has more than 28,000 surface acres of water, and anglers can try their luck at catching large and small-mouth bass, crappie, bream, white bass, stripers, and channel or spoon-bill catfish. Just below the dam, the cold waters of the upper White River provide a perfect habitat for pole-bending rainbow and record-size German brown trout.

Several trails snake throughout the Ozark Mountains, offering peaceful hiking, biking and wildlife viewing opportunities for visitors.

Hunters will find game plentiful in northwest Arkansas. A mixture of hardwood and evergreen forest provides a good home to many different species of wildlife. While Beaver Lake is conveniently located near several population centers, within a short driving distance hunters can find remote areas filled with upland game animals such as deer, rabbits and squirrels.

Many other sports and activities await campers, including boating, swimming, picnicking, scuba diving, water skiing, spelunking and sightseeing.

Facilities

Horseshoe Bend Campground has large campsites with plenty of shade and room for activities, and is steps away from the lake shore. Fire rings, picnic areas, drinking water and flush toilets all make for a comfortable camping getaway.

There are also three large group picnic areas available, perfect for large parties and family get-togethers.

Natural Features

Towering limestone bluffs, natural caves and a variety of trees and flowering shrubs surround Horseshoe Bend Campground, making it an ideal retreat for outdoor enthusiasts.

Beaver Lake and Dam, completed in 1966, was constructed in the White River Basin and boasts 449 miles of beautiful shoreline at the top of the conservation pool.

Although the dam was originally built for flood control, hydroelectric power and public water supply, it has also created a popular recreational oasis.

Nearby Attractions

Several marinas are located around the lake, offering groceries, fuel, boat rentals and storage, fishing guides and camping supplies. Click here for more information.

ADA Access: N

Sites
190
Price
$16.00 - $75.00
US Army Corps of Engineers
Horseshoe Bend is located in Arkansas
Directions
From Rogers, Arkansas, take Highway 94 East/New Hope Road for approximately 8 miles, and follow into Horseshoe Bend Park.
8 Reviews of Horseshoe Bend

Very clean with great lake views. Every time we stay here we meet new and exciting people. One of our favorite places.

Poor Customer Service

I am currently staying at the Horseshoe Bend campground in Rogers, AR on site 158. I reported to the gate keepers yesterday that the 20amp GFCI circuit was tripped and wouldn’t reset. The gentleman who was at the gate told me he would go down and take a look at it. I was concerned because as I was explaining it to him he asked me if I meant the“little one”. I told him yes. I was headed back to work and told him I would be back out that evening. When I returned at 9:00pm, I noticed that my camper was dark and that my exterior light was off. I checked and sure enough he had turned off the 30amp breaker to my camper. I turned it back on and went inside. Sure enough it had been off all day and my fridge in turn was off. My freezer was defrosting and the bag of ice I had in it had leaked all over the floor and carpet. I went back to ask him why he had turned off the breaker and he told me that he hadn’t. That it must have tripped. I informed him that there is a difference in a tripped breaker and a turned off breaker because you have to reset a tripped breaker. I am in the construction trade and used to be an electrician by trade before I became a general contractor. I could see the look on his face that he knew he had forgotten to turn it back on. He then proceeded to tell me that I would need to plug into the other pole because that one wasn’t working. My cord wouldn’t come close to reaching. I then asked him if he turned it off because it wasn’t working and he said yes. So I asked him that if that was the case then why did he lie earlier when he said he didn’t and that it must have tripped. Needless to say I was pretty aggravated last night. I had to run back to town to get my shop vac so I could suck up the water and a fan to help dry out the carpet. Then I asked him if he had shut it down then why didn’t he call me since they have my phone number in the system when I checked in. He just said he was sorry and closed the door. I am a bit frustrated at all that. He has no business working on an electrical service if he isn’t licensed and is obviously incompetent if he wouldn’t even bother to call me after turning off my campers service knowing that people have fridges full of food in them.

Good campground for being close to the water

Horseshoe is a great campground if you want to be close to the water. It sits on a peninsula so pretty much no matter what site you have you will see the water. It's like many other Corp of Engineer parks: vault toilets, minimal shower houses.

The nice:

• Great hosts;
  • Most sites have a flat gravel squared off area for a tent. In our case we put our canopy there for our cooking station.
  • You are right beside or at least see the water from most sites;

The not so good:

• crowded;
  • some sites are cramped on space;

We were in site 126 and liked it. I do quite a bit of homework before I pick a site.  My biggest advice would be to pay attention to the map.  The two larger site areas tend to be very crowded.

There was a short but nice trail.  There was a swimming beach that had sand versus the normal rocks!  Also, deer were very used to campers.  They didn't come into campsites but had no issue grazing on the edge of the woods near the roads.

Overall good enough that I want to go back.

Nice campground...very busy

Got a nice little spot on the lake to do some hammock camping for two nights. Was able to get this spot within the week which was a surprise as busy as it was. Campground is close to Rogers, Arkansas if you need any supplies. I used it as a gateway to head in to the Ozark National Forest which is about 1.5 hours away.

Nice. Would go back

Shaded and spacious spots

Family Corp campground

Great family Corp campground. Some sites have electric and water some just electric. Great for walking, riding bikes. And walking the dog. Last Saturday weekend in October people decorate there sites and kids trick or treat the campers .

Beautiful park, great place to make memories!

We stayed on a rustic plot with electricity. There was a trail going to Beaver Lake from our campsite which made for a grear personal fishing spot. The restrooms and showers were conveniently situated but could have been cleaner. (Lots of spiders and bugs!) The swimming beach was a short walk from our campsite and was more than perfect. The bluffs around the lake make it a scenic experience as well. Go! Enjoy!

Horseshoe is big with a lot of options

Horseshoe Bend is another campground around Beaver Lake. Just like the others it is very pretty with a lot of camping options. They have probably the most lakeside options for camping, but currently most of the sites next to the lake are damaged from washed up trees and high water. Hopefully this is something that will be cleaned up and fixed in the off season.

The green space is well maintained and mowed with a lot of tall trees. This would be a four star campground if the majority of the lakeside campsites were operable.