Standard (Tent/RV)

Lake Ouachita State Park is located in Arkansas
-93.1963 W
33 Reviews of Lake Ouachita State Park
Clean and Pristine

This park is beautiful and has the kindest hosts. We were here in offseason (January 27-February 1st) but the entire park was well tended to and everyone was so nice. The kids sifted for quartz and crystals in the lake (there is a crystal mine nearby), beautiful sunsets, extraordinarily clean campgrounds and bathhouses were some of the best we have encountered on our journeys. I’m sure this is a VERY busy park during season but most certainly worth a trip any time of year.

Great park

This is one of the nicest parks. RV camping with all hook ups avaliable and right on the lake with very scenic hiking. The entire park was very clean. The only con is the camping spots are very close together, but We had the whole camp ground to ourselves. Would be awesome summer hot spot

Beautiful trails with views of the lake.

The only reason I didn't give this park 5 stars was because we didn't camp overnight here, we only did a day hike, so I can't rate the park on EVERYTHING they have to offer. However, everything we did have the chance to explore was GREAT.

From the visitor center, where everyone was very polite and eager to help to the hiking trails that were well maintained and clean. This park was beautiful. Plus, they didn't charge a day fee which was amazing since everywhere I usually visit has a fee to enter the park. That was great since we only wanted to do a short hike.

I did notice they also had a nice playground for the kids, as well as, a boat dock and pier. I definitely want to go back again sometime and actually stay a few days.

WOW

We stayed here during the week and almost had the entire park to ourselves. The water is beautiful. The park is clean, has lots of large trees and many sites that overlook the gorgeous lake.

Park staff is the best!

There is SO for you to do here. There is all your usual lake activities with added snorkeling, bird watching cruises, and star gazing cruises. We stayed in the tent only area. Loved it.

Nice State Park

We stayed in A35 which is a triple A site with level site with all the trimmings! Wooded campsite with adequate shade, picnic table, fire pit and raised grilling station. It was very clean and well kept. We stayed on an inner site but several back up to Ouachita Lake. Great stay. We’ll go back!

Gorgeous, but crowded

The lake was gorgeous! I wish we had more time to walk trails, but we were just stopping for the night. My only complaint is that the campground was crowded and the spots were all very close together.

Clean and safe

We stayed in Area A wjich was nice. We have a tiny RV compared to the giants in our area. The signage states the bathtooms would be closed from 10pm to 9am because of covid. That made me have a mini panic attack. I need avcess to a good bathroom. Turns out the host said that was not true. There is not a lot of privacy so if that is a requirement most Arkansas state park camping site are probably not for you. If you want to be on the swimming beach reserve areas B or C. The swim areas ate kind of small. They have plenty of tent camping as well. Its a beautiful site. If you are a boater, kiyak, jet ski or any other water device fan…this campsite is a must

A great experience

I've reviewed this state park before but this time we stayed at the walk in tent sites and it was even better. The campsite was perfect. Steps from the water and shaded. The bath houses were nice and clean.

Gorgeous views but close and windy

This state park sits on one of the prettiest and clearest lakes in the state of Arkansas. The area that I will be focusing on is the primitive tent sites. There is a loop on a peninsula that are reserved for walking in your gear to a tent site. These sites have GREAT views of the lake. A few of the sites even have access to the water for swimming, fishing, or putting in your kayak.

The sites are pretty close together and not very level. The more level sites are in the loop nearest the parking area. There are two shared water spigots. One near the parking area and one near the end of the peninsula. There is no electricity at these sites. The two best sites, in my opinion, are sites 7, 8, and 9. They have great access to the water and wonderful views of the lake. If you decide to camp here be warned that the sites are not very large. We typically bring a canopy for our outdoor kitchen, these sites are not large enough for a big canopy. Also, this lake tends to be very windy. There are trees around the sites, but the fire pits on sites 7-9 are very exposed. This poses are problem when trying to build a fire.

There are plenty of activities to do while visiting this SP. Some of the activities may still be suspended due to Covid 19. In July they have a boat tour that costs $10 per person. They take you out to "Bird Island" to see the purple martins. It's a neat tour. There are also plenty of hiking trails, swimming, fishing, and other typical state park activities. You can't go wrong with the views here, but there are some things to consider.

Year 2021 Flag