Conway, ARKANSAS

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Conway Camping Reviews
I could live here!

The location of this campground is incredible! So incredible, that I am trying to figure out a way to go every weekend! I am a river girl, so this is my heaven. The campground is broken up into different sections. The front sections A, B & C are closer to the river and have better river views. We stayed in section D. There is about 100 yards of trees between you and the river, so I doubt you get river views during the summer, but you can see the river during leaf off.

The bathrooms are older, but they were clean. Our site had electric and water hook ups. No sewer.

You can access the river and trout fish right from the campground. This is also a day use area, so the boat ramp and fishing pier are pretty busy during the day. The fish hatchery is also on site and is worth stopping by and spending a few minutes here (free).

The Collins Creek Trail is also accessible from the campground. No need to drive to the trailhead. Take the trail that starts where the bridge crosses from Section C to D closer to the back of the campground. It is worth the short hike. There was plenty of water flowing over the cascades during January, but I have been told that it is pretty dry during the Summer.

If you are wanting to eat a local dinner, I highly recommend checking out Lindsey's Resort that is near by. I believe the restaurant is only open on the weekends. We went on a Friday night and did not have too long of a wait. The food was excellent!

☹️

Sadly this park is a victim of several park closures by the Little Rock District US Army Corp of Engineers. I am glad to see that someone is trying to maintain the park. I’ve never camped here, but thanks to this app and the reviews I will be checking this park out for future trips in the area.

Closed

Toad Suck is temporarily closed. June 2019 flood deviated it and looks to remain closed thru 2020.

I’m all about value and experience and this place serves both.

$12 a night, full hookup potential AND you are walking distance to the mine!!! For $20 you can go spend the day diggin through dirt and finding crystals. I don’t think everyone has the luck we had but we came after a rain and cleaned up. Hundred bucks in gems. Ok bathrooms and laundry… serves the purpose you’d expect from a $12 a night place. The REAL draw here is the mine and we had a blast! I do recommend. We took the spot up top the hill [upper left corner] and found crystals in our campsite around the fire pit :)))

$9 a night with America the beautiful pass

Large sites, Not piled in on each other like RV parks. it’s a clean campground outside the city, can’t beat it for the price. Waterfront. Covered picnic benches. 50amp + water.

Ageless wonder

Petit Jean is the oldest state park in Arkansas and it has it all. Our family makes a trip to Petit Jean at least twice a year. So many trails, recreational areas and breathtaking views to enjoy. It is one of the best FAMILY state parks we’ve been too.

The sites in A and B loop are often booked a year in advance so plan your trips strategically. C and D loop are accommodating but will be a tighter fit for most rigs >30’.

The visitor’s center is being completely redone to enhance the experience. If you haven’t been, make the trip.

Quick info on alcohol. Petit Jean is in a dry county (yes that exists). If you aren’t bringing your own alcohol, make sure and stop at Petit Jean Liquor right off I-40.

Great location on Greers Ferry

Dam Site is a nice campground on Greers Ferry Lake. The location is perfect for enjoying the lake, the Little Red River and all the other outdoor adventures that Heber Springs has to offer. We like winter camping, but it appears that they close off most sections of the park during the colder months. There is a newer private/suite style bathroom in the park. Much nicer than the old stall style.

Parking lot

If you want an overnight place to park your rig this is convenient place in town. Otherwise….. Clean , well maintained, convenient.

Scenic and perfect for all ages

Beautiful scenic mountains, valleys and lakes. Trails for hiking and watching wildlife. Turtle rocks are worth viewing along with the cave. All ages can hike and walk to scenic areas in this park. Driving around is easy and convenient to the sites you will want to visit. Easy to check in and find camping spots. Very quiet while camping. Great sounds of nature to listen to. Bathhouse with shower. Swimming pool and playground. Perfect for families, couples or singles. We will camp here again because of the peaceful tranquility of this beautiful park.

Dispurse Camping

Bring your boat and go fishing or great place to stay if you're just passing through. There is usually not anyone camped here. Plenty of room for big RV and a few of them.