The best DRIVE IN camping near
Slabtown , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Slabtown Camping Reviews
So pretty but reservations a bummer

No reservations available & no shower house which are a bummer.

However, we got in just in time before a rush of other RVs. Picked site 41 & it’s perfect. Full hook up, perfect trees for lights, and a grill. No fire pit ring which is a bummer though.

The campground is beautiful. Hiked up the gorge today & was not disappointed.

I can’t imagine what this place is like when the weather is warmer…I’m sure it’s a packed mess, so happy we got to experience it in cooler temps.

Unfortunately though the spring bath houses are closed Jan 25- Feb 4 for park service maintenance. Bummer!

Shakedown cruise for my Basecamp

First trip with my new Airstream and couldn’t be happier. Came to this KOA to test the new camper out for a few days before wandering deeper into the wilds. Kinda want to stay. Very cozy and feels like you’re in the woods. Clean and fairly quiet; the highway doesn’t sound as close as you’d think and we barely noticed any road sounds.

Will certainly be returning.

Great Campground

We stay during the cooler months. Easy access to the river trail cycling.

Amazing camping!

Kid friendly. Great upkeep and sites that are easily accessible. Playground, splash pad, and pool. We were not able to access the pool because of the time of year, but we will definitely be back in warmer weather. Staff super friendly. Not one complaint.

Solid

Not the most stunning campground ever, however, I loved it! It was a great set up, plenty of bathrooms (no showers tho), set in a beautiful gorge with a beautiful creek. If you’re lucky enough you can get a site right next to the creek! Only around 40 sites total - they’re all RV compatible. I’m a tent camper personally. You’re right at a trailhead that connects with a vast network of trails taking you deeper into the mountains or directly to the actual hot springs, bath houses, and the historic area. If you want to drive to those places it’s a 7 minute drive.
Only a few cons. Not every campsite has a fit ring, there’s a heavily used road right by the campground thats on a hill so there’s some unfortunate revved engine noise pretty regularly, and there’s only about 10-15 campsites by the river.
I look forward to going back soon!

Great park opening back in March 2021

Great place nice sites good fishing they have been repairing since it flooded they told me it would open up in March 2021

Maumelle Campground

Camped here at a tent site. Clean heated bathrooms with a shower, and we had a great spot on the river! No complaints, good spot while driving through Little Rock on a road trip!

Good price and close to the crystal mine

I don’t think camping at this RV park is about the camping experience; it’s about the proximity to the crystal mines. It is a good campground for the price, but it is not anything fancy.

However, if you travel to the area to specifically go mining for crystals then it is definitely a win because the crystal mines are only a rock(or crystal) throw away from the park.

This RV park is located near Coleman Rock Shop & Crystal Mines and Ron Coleman Mining (And yes, they are owned by the same family but they are different sites). Ron Coleman Mining is the site closest to the RV park and the Rock Shop is located on the corner of main st. Coleman Rock Shop is the more affordable option out of the 2 crystal digging sites.

Great lake and beautiful campground

This was officially the first campground we stayed at after we bought out Uhaul CT-13. It was perfect for our first camping adventure.  It had great views of the lake from most of the campsites. The only thing I would say we had an issue with was the fact that there wasn't a lot of space between each camping spot. Other than that, the park was great.

Awesome Experience

Internet was great, spots are clean, level, and almost all concrete. It is tight as our neighbors were very close, but to be a short walk across the Clintom bridge to downtown was worth it. Such a unique experience, we loved spending our Thanksgiving there.