Camping in Pittston Junction

362 Reviews of 40 Pittston Junction, Arkansas Campgrounds

Danny K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2021

Great place

Dogwood part has full hookups and close walk to lake. Lake view is awesome water and electric no sewer. Tent sites are sweet wooded lots. All October is $5 tent

Month of VisitOctober
TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Excellent campground

Would be a 5 if they had more 50amp sites. Only 18 sites for RVers. However most sites have plenty of shade so we still love this place. Good hiking for various levels. Lodge close by if you don’t want to cook and fabulous sunsets from Cameron’s Bluff.

• Picnic table towards the back
  • Wider angle of the backside of the site. Notice they have fire pits and a tent or easy-up area also.
  • View of site from road
Month of VisitOctober
Aaron T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Nice and quite primitive

This is a pretty nice and quite camp site there is definitely traffic through here more than we’re use to but it’s a really nice spot, it’s all primitive camping, there is vault toilets on site we keep a toilet room with us so I can’t comment on the cleanliness, the guy that collets the trash is an…

Siteright by the water fall and swimming hole there isn’t a number it’s right by the pit toilets.
T
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Beautiful views

Last minute 2 night trip with my girls (6,8). I haven’t been this far up river since I was a kid, so I didn’t know what to expect. It’s a slow drive from the south on 7 (20mph speed limit in places), so account for the extra time to set camp before dark. We went during the week, so it was…

L
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

A nice break from humidity

This campground was very nice, bathrooms and showers were clean. The pool was nice and the kids had a great time going down the water slide over and over. Although it's summer in Arkansas and the highs were in the 90s, it still felt great. There's so much less humidity than where we live…

• Play button icon
B
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2021

Isolated, peaceful and trashy.

Pros: Free, Isolated, quite and great views.

Cons: trash sporadically thrown about and lack of facilities (there’s toilets if you’re brave enough.)

Lastly it’s neither a pro or con but there are LOTS of critters. I was car camping and woke up to several large spider webs attached to my car and a…

• Play button icon
Siteb17
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2021

Nice location

Nice campground with pool, dog walk, and quaint store. Drive through sites with full hookups. Good spacing between sites with lots of trees.

SiteB4
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

Not a camp spot (private propery)

This was not at all a campsite. Most of the forest is private property with house everywhere. This location in particular is no different. Go to Sam's throne to camp

bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

Peace on Earth

Amazing peaceful campsite. Can be eerie pulling up at night but is so beautiful and peaceful. On the right dark night you can see every star in the sky. Bathrooms are cleaned every other day.no running water or showers just two vault toliet. Some campsites have cell phone service. Att and had the…

Ash M.
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

NOT dog friendly

I have been to devil's den MANY times. I've always loved it and have never had any issues. I send many, many friends to the park to go camping. We drive nearly 5 hours to go. Well, until my trip this weekend. I'm a covid front lines worker and haven't had a weekend off in far too long, so I brought…

Alex M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Amazing place to stay & climb

This ranch is beautiful and great for hiking and climbing. The environment is awesome and the place is well-managed. The sport climbing here in particular is really well maintained and the sandstone rock is grippy and clean. HCR is great; my friends and I have been coming there for years.

Alex M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Great campground

The campground is beautiful and has a nice walk down to the river. Would recommend to anyone who is headed to Horseshoe Canyon Ranch or the Buffalo National River.

Caradee F.
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Good if you want to swim

The campground is smaller which I like but always busy. It's a good place for families that want to get into the river. Half the sites are near a tree line and the others out in the open. It's a very pretty area.

Callie F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Primitive Camping!

First come, first serve. Vault toilets. Water pump didn’t work for us, but we just filtered water from the creek. No cell service, so make sure you download your trail maps before hand!

Month of VisitNovember
Leslie D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Perfect place to go to relax and unplug.

We have been going here over 3 years and try to go 3 or 4 times a year. They continue to upgrade trails and add beautiful camping spots. This is a family room ranch and Donny and Lynn are wonderful hosts. I always come home feeling reconnected with myself and family

SiteMorning Dew