The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Lead Hill , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Lead Hill Camping Reviews
Best Campsite on the Buffalo

I love this campsite. Road has improved and was more than passable even after heavy rains. Campsite is remote with great access to trials and the River. Not for Car Camping or RVing. Strictly a FCFS use area so come early. You will not regret it.

It's Amazing!

The campsites are clean, well maintained and decent sized. The views of the bluffs are amazing. But the Elk….soooo majestic! The river running along the bluff makes for an almost trance-inducing sound as you awake to find a roaming herd of large beautiful elk in the campground with you. I have never seen anything like it.

Water Adventure

Buffalo Point State Park

Spent some excellent quality family time at Buffalo Point State Park. I think I lucked into my site, because I’ve tried to make reservations since then and it’s always full. Our site was not great, it was long and “thin”, between two roads. From the gravel pad there was a 10 foot area and then the picnic table and grill area. Very strange set up! Right across the road was the River/beach access though! LOVE the river, so clear! Awesome “beach” area with plenty of room to walk, play and set up your chair. The Showerhouse was in good shape and maintained. The tent area had some nice site above the river and was packed as well. We hiked, canoed and relaxed!

Great Campground on awesome River

Very well kept and cool campground!! Spacious site with nice level pads. Grill and fire ring at every sit. Water spigots located through campground for water. We were here during off season so very quiet.

Great place off the grid

Stayed here for 4 nights in late October. The park is great and very clean. Some of the sites can get a little crowded on the weekend. During the week was super quiet and more my speed. Deer were everywhere and the Indian Rockhouse hike was really great. I will def be back in warmer weather to float the river which it was low for the winter. Falls colors everywhere and great weather. There is a gas station not too far from the park for fire wood on your way in. The rangers were present quite a bit making sure the park was safe. Very nice spot. There is no service in the camp site at all.

Good Hiking

It’s quite the trip down the dirt road to get here. Probably will take you 20/30 minutes of gravel road. Don’t recommend bringing any type of trailer down here. The sites are nice— variety of options depending on the type of site you want. They also have hike in sites. Also the sites are FREE. No electricity/ water / hookups. Depending on when you go there could be a lot of campers. Hiking here is beautiful. Watch for Elk, you’ll probably see an armadillo or two as well. You can hike from camp to an old homestead then to the river and back. It’s probably a couple of miles but a relatively flat hike. You’ll want to grab fire wood on your way out to camp and there is no cell service.

Not for Motorcycles

I've never been there but the reviews and the website look wonderful.  I only reviewed to say it's probably not a good place for motorcycles to get in and out.  The road in is dirt and gravel.   I'd still love to go try it car camping though.

Words really can't describe.

But here we go….

Hidden Gem of the Ozarks

Definitely one of the most peaceful and tranquil campsites I ever stayed. Great place for families too. Access to Table Rock, Game Room, Pool and Jacuzzi. Small cabins and A-frames to rent. They have it all. This is my getaway!