Bigelow , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Bigelow Camping Reviews
Amazing camping!

Kid friendly. Great upkeep and sites that are easily accessible. Playground, splash pad, and pool. We were not able to access the pool because of the time of year, but we will definitely be back in warmer weather. Staff super friendly. Not one complaint.

Solid

Not the most stunning campground ever, however, I loved it! It was a great set up, plenty of bathrooms (no showers tho), set in a beautiful gorge with a beautiful creek. If you’re lucky enough you can get a site right next to the creek! Only around 40 sites total - they’re all RV compatible. I’m a tent camper personally. You’re right at a trailhead that connects with a vast network of trails taking you deeper into the mountains or directly to the actual hot springs, bath houses, and the historic area. If you want to drive to those places it’s a 7 minute drive.
Only a few cons. Not every campsite has a fit ring, there’s a heavily used road right by the campground thats on a hill so there’s some unfortunate revved engine noise pretty regularly, and there’s only about 10-15 campsites by the river.
I look forward to going back soon!

Great park opening back in March 2021

Great place nice sites good fishing they have been repairing since it flooded they told me it would open up in March 2021

Great park

This is one of the nicest parks. RV camping with all hook ups avaliable and right on the lake with very scenic hiking. The entire park was very clean. The only con is the camping spots are very close together, but We had the whole camp ground to ourselves. Would be awesome summer hot spot

Maumelle Campground

Camped here at a tent site. Clean heated bathrooms with a shower, and we had a great spot on the river! No complaints, good spot while driving through Little Rock on a road trip!

This place is great

Easy parking, nice people, all the amenities you would need. Would 100% recommend.

Good price and close to the crystal mine

I don’t think camping at this RV park is about the camping experience; it’s about the proximity to the crystal mines. It is a good campground for the price, but it is not anything fancy.

However, if you travel to the area to specifically go mining for crystals then it is definitely a win because the crystal mines are only a rock(or crystal) throw away from the park.

This RV park is located near Coleman Rock Shop & Crystal Mines and Ron Coleman Mining (And yes, they are owned by the same family but they are different sites). Ron Coleman Mining is the site closest to the RV park and the Rock Shop is located on the corner of main st. Coleman Rock Shop is the more affordable option out of the 2 crystal digging sites.

Great lake and beautiful campground

This was officially the first campground we stayed at after we bought out Uhaul CT-13. It was perfect for our first camping adventure.  It had great views of the lake from most of the campsites. The only thing I would say we had an issue with was the fact that there wasn't a lot of space between each camping spot. Other than that, the park was great.

Beautiful trails with views of the lake.

The only reason I didn't give this park 5 stars was because we didn't camp overnight here, we only did a day hike, so I can't rate the park on EVERYTHING they have to offer. However, everything we did have the chance to explore was GREAT.

From the visitor center, where everyone was very polite and eager to help to the hiking trails that were well maintained and clean. This park was beautiful. Plus, they didn't charge a day fee which was amazing since everywhere I usually visit has a fee to enter the park. That was great since we only wanted to do a short hike.

I did notice they also had a nice playground for the kids, as well as, a boat dock and pier. I definitely want to go back again sometime and actually stay a few days.

Awesome Experience

Internet was great, spots are clean, level, and almost all concrete. It is tight as our neighbors were very close, but to be a short walk across the Clintom bridge to downtown was worth it. Such a unique experience, we loved spending our Thanksgiving there.