Camping in Prairie Mountain

381 Reviews of 40 Prairie Mountain, Texas Campgrounds

S
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2021

Excellent RV Resort

Beautiful RV Resort. It is quiet and well maintained. Very much enjoyed my stay and would be happy to come back!

Eric n Erika B.
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Chasing Shade at Inks Lake

September 2021

We took our first trip to Inks this week, camping there Sunday through Wednesday. We got lucky that the temperatures those days dipped into the high 80s for us, as they had been in the mid to high 90s for months. When we arrived we were told that the spot we reserved wasn’t…

cThe Dyrt PRO User

Super Nice Park

Stayed one night as a stopover on our way to Big Bend Ranch SP. Very nice, quiet and level spot, will definitely stay here again

Site#4
Month of VisitJanuary
cThe Dyrt PRO User

Great city park

Very nice host, very affordable, really enjoyed our short stay

Site#1
Rosemary A.The Dyrt PRO User

Good Camping

There are level, shady sites with picnic tables. Clean bathrooms/showers. They are renovating so office is closed and no market but there's one across the street! I'm gonna guess the renovations will be great!

SiteF 5
T
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Quiet little gem

If you’re looking to get out of the hustle and bustle this is a place you don’t want to miss. It’s quiet, very natural and rustic but with so many thoughtful touches. The community kitchen was my favorite part. Cooking is so easy when there’s everything you need available.

SiteB
Sheila C.The Dyrt PRO User

One of my favorite State Parks

This is one of my favorite State parks. The water sites are so beautiful and the sunsets are amazing. We love kayaking over to Devils waterin’ Hole. There are also a lot of beautiful hiking trails that go up and around the granite out droppings. My favorite time to visit is the spring when the…

Sheila C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Nice small park, a few sites have full hookup

This is a great little park right in the town of Blanco. Sitting right on the river it gives you the feel of being in the country. Nice for swimming, kayaking, and fishing. There is one loop that has FHU’s

Month of VisitJanuary
Daniel B.The Dyrt PRO User

Great weekend getaway

This is my 4th time here. I love this camp site. But we can never get the WiFi to work witch isn’t a bad thing since we come to unplug. Overall it’s quiet and beautiful.

• canoe site 11 back in premium site
    Play button icon
Lawrence P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Wonderful family owned campground!

What a fun place to stay! Cheryl at the front desk made you feel welcomed and check in was a breeze! We were staying with 2 other couples, who shared a"buddy site" which was pretty cool!(never seen that before) We had a great time! It was a bit on the cool and rainy side but fun none the less.…

Month of VisitDecember
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Probably my favorite park for a quick trip

I’ve stayed here lots of times in tent sites, RV sites, and the cabins. I like them all and especially love the hikes and swimming.

Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

So nice but watch out for spontaneous rivers when it rains!

Love the park. The spots by the river are shaded and great. Saw armadillos! Enjoyed the trails. But we had a heavy rain storm and we were at the bottom of a hill so the water flowed in a path right through our site and our tent literally floated. But then it dried up and was fine.

Some campsites are awesome

Our first night was at a site very near the neighboring sites. It wasn’t very private or peaceful. The next morning we asked to move. Around the corner, I think the sites were 25-29, they were better spaced very wooded. We could hear folks down the hill being loud all night since it was kind of…

Site25 maybe?
Kerry K.
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Drama staff, drugs, rude management

There's a reason this Jellystone is not as popular as all the others. I was hired knowing that I have a disability and have a service K9. She does not have to be with me at all times but I was advised that in order to get the job she would have to stay home. This of course is against ADA…

• Entrance