The best RV SITES camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Center Mill Camping Reviews
Excellent Place to Camp

Beautiful, well maintained area.  Beach, campgrounds, boat ramp, trails, paddling, fishing (with TX license), watercraft rentals and playground. Camping $25-40.

A lovely place to stay!

We reserved a spot that evening and had wonderful views of the lake around sunset. The staff were kind, facilities were very clean, and the lot was spacious! My only complaint (as others have said) is that the trails were closed, especially because it didn’t seem muddy or wet. Regardless, we explored the campground for a bit and I believe there is a nature preserve adjacent to the campground with trails, if the state parks trails are closed.

Great start to the new year in January 2021

Loved this park! The RV sites were nicely spaced, though on my RV the windows side of the rig faced the road rather than the lovely view in order to easily reach the hookups. Busy over the weekend, but just a few hardy folks during the week.

Not a lot of trails; mostly just views. Large designated swimming area that I didn't partake in due to weather being in the 40s to 60s.

Lots of wildlife, walks on the lake were lovely. Sunsets to die for.

Great spot

Tent camped at site 60 which was great! Right off the water and super close (but not too close) to the restrooms. Weather for us was rough with high winds the first day but the next two were beautiful! Lots of wildlife, as we were pulling into the park we saw lots of deer..and throughout our stay we were visited by some Canadian Geese. The fire circle comes with a grill but it’s pretty small, and this specific site isn’t very level but we found a spot for our tent. Definitely coming back!

STEER CLEAR OF WEST CAMP

This park has terrible management and tried to evict us during covid.we have been here since June and the manager is next door.He drinks all day and goes in peoples mailboxes .we had to file a report with the post office and get a lawyer.I am disabled and can not have a service animal.The sewage leaks no handicap parking and if you have a visitor for more than 1 night its 100$ more! Foreign owned and drunk operated pass this place by !

Depending on what you’re looking for this could be cool

Camp sites are pretty tight one on top of another. If you don’t mind people milling around… We were constantly worried we were too loud or up too late. It was rainy and extremely windy campsite 093 was a terrible choice in these conditions. Wind came off the lake like a train. I bet in summer time this site is cool and cozy; winter time it was hell. We moved to a screened shelter camp and it was better. Still very crowded, even for January (NYE). Bathrooms were clean but infested with spiders. Millions of millions of spiders. Baby spiders flying like hang gliders while we pooped. Giant hungry big black spider repelling directly down on me as I showered. Spiders. In the bathrooms. Everywhere

Out of season, quiet place to park

We stayed one night, in January, passing through TX. Easy on/off access to I-20. The park is clean, has full hookups, and is right on the river. Wasn't crowded because it was out of season for tubing, so it was quiet. Park felt safe and was a convenient place to spend the night. The people answering the phone were pleasant and helpful. I would stay here again without hesitation when passing through.

Pretty descent, fairly quiet considering proximity to Dallas & DFW

Cell data good on Cricket & Visible. Nice park with smallish loops. Some sites are really small so do your homework. Friendly & helpful staff. Full hookup worked like a champ, minor leveling adjustments. When we spent 3 nights here we could see the planes more than hearing them, but possibly we were on inbound side of DFW due to current winds. We would repeat if on our route.

Meridian State Park

Wish they would change the name to Meridian State Park instead of just Meridian on here.  Very nice, small, peaceful park.  There are 8 pull thru sites with full hookups, including 50 amp.  We were in on site 6.  Fairly level, but not much room to put a rug out.  They had 5 big rocks out to keep people from parking to close to the site.  Very close to the bathroom and shower room.  Very clean.  Right next to Park Office.  Lake was only 5 minute walk or minute drive.  Excellent swimming area  with picnic tables and grills.  Did not get a chance to fish there but heard it is very good.  Very quiet park.

Looks like fun in the summer

We arrived late  December and it was chilly. Sites with full hook up are limited, but even with annuals are still possible. One thing though, we found a great site (124 ) very close to the water which is a plus for us as my wife is disabled and needs a walker so if the water is too far it becomes and issue, but had to pay $3 more a night due to it being as they said a limited 50 amp service. Even though we are 30, still the cost is $3. With my wife issue it is a no brainer for us. All in all, the campground was quite, you can see when it is summertime, its a wonderful place to bring the family as it has a huge area for kid activities, family gathering and more.