Brookshire, TEXAS

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Brookshire Camping Reviews
Brand new park

Full hookups with concrete roads and parking pads

AMAZING POOL!

Amazing pool! Fantastic place to camp with or without kids. Very clean, adding new kids water activities all the time. Would definitely go back!!

Brazos Bend State Park + Aligators!

Ok, I'll admit it. I visited this park for one reason only… to see alligators.

Brazos Bend State Park does have other attractions like miles of hiking trails, campsites, water fowl and migratory birds, but the real attraction for me was simply to see live alligators in their natural habitat. If you have the same motive, this park will not disappoint.

This park is located outside of Houston. During much of the year the temperature can be warm to hot and muggy. I think that the best time of the year to visit might be in the winter during November, December or January. At other times of the year you may need to fight off mosquitos as big as alligators.

There are a number of trails to hike, but I chose trails that would provide the greatest opportunity to see alligators. So we hiked along the 40 Acre Lake to Elm Lake Loop. We first saw a number of water fowl - ducks, cranes, egrets. Then right along the trail we saw a fairly large alligator. Now there are signs that warn to stay a safe distance away from the alligators and it is solid advice. But simply staying on the trail allowed me to pass about 30 feet in front of a resting alligator. I'm guessing that if the alligator wanted to get up and chase me it could have. I just calculated that I didn't need to be faster than the alligator, I just needed to be faster than my hiking buddies.

We all survived and it was a pleasant experience.

Beautiful RV Resort

Great for adults, not really anywhere for little kids to play besides the pool but this is a really cool RV resort in downtown Houston and I would definitely recommend it. It is directly off of the highway so don’t except quite 🙂

Halloween Camping

The campground had a lot of activities for the kiddos. They had a haunted house for the little ones and one for the older ones.Lots of RV’s were decorated. Very cleaned and well maintained. We were in the new section that is still under development. There is also a restaurant.

Quiet Getaway

Yes, there's not a lot of spaces between spots like there are in most state parks, but the residents are quiet. We had space D25 which is on the outside of the big loop by the river and boat ramp. Lots of space on the door side to the next unit, and nature behind us.

When they talk about deer being everywhere, they ain't kidding. And watch where you walk in the grass, the deer left presents.

Very friendly staff, and the couple of other campers we talked to were very nice. Being a Thousand Trails property, there was no loud music or rowdy camps.

They have free WiFi. It's reception is spotty, sometimes great, sometimes bad. Supposed to be better up by the activity center.

AT&T reception is LTE and varies by location and time. I had 1 bar to 4 bars at the same spot throughout the day.

Thousand Trails

This is the best Thousand Trails we have been to in Texas so far! They have the best and the cleanest bathroom/showers I have ever seen. The pool is large clean and great furniture! They have tennis, pickle ball, basketball, mini golf and beach volleyball. The only thing I did not care for is the pull thru RV sites are really close together! This is a must visit park!

Awesome day park

Best day park around. Easy parking, easy hiking & beautiful nature. Gators, gators, gators!!!

Nudist Resort

Nice clean rooms. The RV parking is tricky because of all the trees.

Nice spot...

It’s a comfortable place to stay along the 290 but there are more preferable places to stay. If Dixieland RV Park wasn’t near I would stay here.