Camping in Mississippi River Headwaters - Leech Lake

THE BEST Group Sites CAMPING NEAR

Mississippi River Headwaters - Leech Lake, Pennsylvania

Recent Group Sites Reviews Near Mississippi River Headwaters - Leech Lake, Pennsylvania

225 Reviews of 39 Mississippi River Headwaters - Leech Lake, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Neat campground but sketchy bathrooms

The sites are very cool at this campground. They are very spacious and help you feel closer to nature. The bathrooms are very bad though

Month of VisitOctober
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Great!

We really enjoyed this campground. The sites were spacious, everything was clean and well kept. The staff was SO nice! It was also a gated entrance which was nice. We will definitely return.

SiteL
Doug G.
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Camping on the water

I have been going here since I was a child. Every year I took my kids here for camping and boating. Very clean facilities and friendly people. Nothing like waking up to a view on the water!

• Rothrock Marina
  • The Dam
Joann&WellsThePup I.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Quiet camping

Beautiful primitive campground (tent only). Get a site on the outside towards the water. They are spaced out and peaceful. Has restrooms (no shower), picnic table, and fire pit at each site. Short walk to creek and beautiful pond.

Sitewalk-in site
Megan B.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Nothing to write home about

In terms of PA State Parks, this one is ok. There is a pool (with a fee) that is pretty nice. The campground is small and functional. Would stay here again but not something I would seek out.

Joann&WellsThePup I.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Very secluded quiet spot

Nice little spot with no one around. Maybe 2-3 cars passed on the SF road each day. Primitive camping with picnic table and fire ring - that’s it. Have to carry your gear from your car a little ways. Very close to the MST. Only complaint was that there was a beautiful creek behind it with no trail.…

John K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Laid back

Nice little campground. Very quiet. Sites are generously sized. Roads are paved. The lake is very small with a swimming beach area.

S
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Midweek get away

My wife found his camp ground for a midweek get away. We had Site 50 with a lake view, this site was level and ease to park our Small Camper . I would highly recommend this camp ground for those with smaller RVs

N
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Important information please read

Unfortunately I had to cancel my reservation last minute due to a medical emergency. I was truly looking forward to going to this campground because of all the great reviews. I had to leave a message to cancel. I was contacted my Jason from the campground and was told that none of my money would…

T
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

It was fine.

All campers respected fellow campers. Accommodations were fine.... We're camping!

Site#40
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Close to Williamsport

This was a nice campground to stay at when in the Williamsport area. Only issue I had was the sites next to the parking lot are a little too close together and the parking lot itself gets over run by cars coming into the restaurant. Was a little difficult pulling out with the trailer to leave on a…

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Nice large sites

Sites are on 2 loops. The sites have a decent amount of space between them so you are not on top of each other. Picnic tables and fire rings at each site. Not a lot of trees so many sites are in the direct sun. There is a mix of 50 and 30 amp, some sites with water, some without. Very quiet. I…

Site37 oak loop
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

No pets

Only knock is this section of the campground is not for pet owners, but it’s not completely obvious when making a reservation. So, we stayed with our pups and didn’t get in trouble but felt weird for breaking the rules that we didn’t know about before arriving 🤷‍♂️

Amber W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Family fun!

Nice clean and quiet campground. The address online took us to the ranger station. Turn left BEFORE bridge. Couldn’t see sign from the road. The section we were in was “no pets allowed”. My kids loved the beach, swimming was not deep. Beach was big with adjacent playground. Lots of pavilions all…

• beach
  • walking from campground
  • playground adjacent to beach
PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Good for overnight stay

I found the one star review to be unfair. They didn’t even stay here. We found the host personable and helpful. The park itself is OK for an overnight stay. Not much to offer longer term stays. Sites were well spaced and wooded. Full hookups. Nice play ground for kids. Bathrooms just OK.

SiteOvernight spaces no number