Yurts
About Codorus State Park
Codorus State Park is located in Pennsylvania
14 Reviews of Codorus State Park
Great for a state park

I stay here for my first camp out with my new camper. No water but the bath house was close and very clean.

Perfect Family Camping

Nice campground. Very clean facilities. We typically stay in the primitive tent loop which is right on the lake. It can get a little busy on the weekends since there is a boat lauch at the end of the primitive lane, but some of the sites are secluded/set back enough to be private.

You can bring your own boat (gas allowed) or rent one from their marina. There is no swimming allowed in the lake but there is a pool located at the park, there is no extra cost to use the pool if you are at the campground. There are also a lot of trails available for hiking, biking, or riding horses.

This park has a lot that you can do or just relax by the fire. Perfect for families.

Great first weekend in our new RV

We took our maiden voyage in April to this camp ground since it was close to home. We’ve tented camped and pop up camped here prior so we knew the area. Beautiful weather! Great camp ground! We walked all over, watched crew races on the lake, drove into Hanover where there were stores and went to the Utz chips outlet. Our site was great and there was only 2 other campers within sight. There’s a huge pool though not open at that time. There is a marina to rent boats and a disc golf course. A small store at the marina has some essentials. There’s a nice nature center as well. Bath house was decent. Great place to camp!

Great campground and fishing

I went to Cordous State Park, outside of Hanover PA, with my 5 year old grandson. One night and two days, and we had a ball. I included lots of pictures in this review.

The lake has lots of game fish, as you can see by some of my pictures. There’s lots of places to fish from the shore, and boat rentals if you want to fish it deeper. The lake is overrun by white perch and shad. When you catch either, they want you to take them to eat, and not release them. We caught a stringer full, along with a nice small mouth bass that we released for another little angler to snag. I don’t think my grandson cared what kind of fish he caught. He had as much fun with the perch as the bass. He did say the bass was a real fighter, but he’s never caught a pike or walleye🙄.

Campgrounds are very nice. Not a lot of spaces for tents, but the ones they do have seem to be well shaded and quiet. Looks to me like 90% of their sites are set up for RV, and larger vehicles. They also have a few cabins, but I was told you have to reserve them far in advance. Showers and men’s rooms are nice. I can’t talk to the fairer sex side, since it was a trip for the boys.

Very kid friendly. They have playgrounds and other fun things for kids, including a huge pool with slide. You can’t swim in the lake. The pool opens when it gets warmer. Everything you need to fish or camp can be gotten in the park, but I brought everything we needed to save some money. They also have hiking trails, but I couldn’t do them since I’m ADA material. They do have lots of parking, with plenty of spaces for me and others that don’t walk so well.

If you want to eat a meal out, there’re a few places within 15 minutes, and a great family style place, called Friendly Farm, about 20 minutes south. Just in case you don’t want to cook👍.

It was my grandson’s first camping trip, and he’s hooked😁. I plan to take him up for a longer stay, and maybe do some day trip fishing there. I highly recommend this site. I’ll let you know if my rating changes when everyone else invades later this summer😖. For me it’s a short trip, so Tom and I can go there anytime. It’s open year round, but you got to leave at dusk.

Avoid in summer!!

This place is packed with history, but amid going in summer.. it gets to busy and hot to see much.

Codorus

Went camping here back in 16’ with my family. Campsites were not very private at all. the campground is a far walk from the marina and the pool. Picture is at a stop in the marina area.

Nice family park

Itwas a shock we had to pay to swim when we camped there.

Clean campground with waterpark

Stayed 3 nights in June having never stayed here before. The campgrounds have a 5 person per site limit and a 10pm noise cufew. The park has a waterpark that offers a daily discount to campers. Ice and the basics are offered at a small campshed/store that uses the honor system for payment if nobody's working. We camped at site 123 and though we enjoyed ourselves the site itself sits at a bend on the loop and is squeezed for space with sites 122 and 125, I believe. The site is like a small horshoe and we could actually hear our neighbor snoring. The bathhouse & restroom wasn't to far of a walk even in the middle of the night and was kept very clean by the grounds keeprs. Showers were also clean and looked to have been freshly painted. Our site had one upside, being completely shaded.

Same old thing

Standard PA state park around a lake. A few hiking opportunities and a nice lake to fish or kayak on. The pool is decent but a bit far of a walk from the camp sites.