Clarion, PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Clarion Camping Reviews
Great camping in northern PA

Love it here! This is a great State Park. The campground has added many full hookup sites and there are also cabins available also. Nice clean sites.The lake has good trout fishing and the beach area offers a nice place for a relaxing summer retreat. Several picnic shelters are for rent if your looking for a place to have your reunion or annual company picnic. There are also boat/kayak rentals, a snack bar/ camp store, and a large modern bath house/changing building down near the beach.Come for the day or stay for the week. Parker Dam State Park offeres something for everyone.

Nice quiet campground

Nice quiet campground. Lots of room, fishing lake and pool. Not a ton of activities but would recommend.

Quiet well maintained

Owners and seasonal campers are friendly. We camped here 3 times this summer. We’re going to masquerade ball in October. Large sites, nice restrooms, big hall, pool, lake to canoe, boat & fish. They have a small cafe for breakfast and lunch. You can rent the hall for parties and weddings. You can get married at the gazebo. They have activities on weekends. Like the bingo here. Keystone Lake close to campground to go boating. Short drive to Smicksburg to shop. You may hear the horse drawn buggies of the Amish who keep their boats here. No charge for golf carts. Senior discount for sites. We invited friends who like it here and invited others. Would recommend!

Love the campground

Beautiful facilities. Clean bathrooms. Lots of activities. Great play area for the kids!

Ranger Review of Banner & Oak Women's Hoodie at Parker Dam State Park

Campground Review:

This is our second trip to Parker Dam State Park.   It is a beautiful PA state park.   It is quiet and peaceful.   The leaves were beginning to change.  This trip was chilly at night, but gorgeous weather during the day.  Bathroom/shower houses are a bit outdated, but clean.  We had a full hook up site.  They have pet loops as well.  If you want to stay in September, book early.  Limited cell service.   Spent time driving to Benezette - about 30 minute trip - to see the Elk.   Great experience seeing approximately 100 elk.  Several very large bulls.   Would recommend the campground and the trip to Benezette to everyone.

Product Review:

As a Ranger for the Dyrt, we get products to test from time to time- today we tested the Banner & Oak Women's Hoodie. https://bannerandoak.com/collections/hoodies/products/freedom-heathered-black I so apologize because we were so busy watching the elk in Benezette, that we completely forgot to take photos of the product.  This hoodie is very soft! The sizing is accurate.  While it is not a thick sweatshirt material, it keeps you very comfortably warm.   I prefer the thinner material versus a thick and heavy sweatshirt.   It has become my "go to" hoodie.   Pros:  Lightweight, but very warm.   Con:  The pouch in front is actually 2 small pockets even though it looks like a pouch.   I'm not sure this is really a "con" because it depends on what style you prefer.  At first, I wasn't sure about it, but I am beginning to like it.  Wish the pockets would be a little bigger though.   Overall, I think this is a great lightweight hoodie and worth a purchase!

Great stay!!!

Thank you to Jay and Kelly for a wonderful 10 day stay at their campground. So much to do in the area, hiking, waterfalls, good eats, Bear Town Rocks, beautiful forests… We loved our campsite right on the small pond that is stocked with Carp and Koi. The seasonal campers made us feel so welcome and included us in trick-or-treat, potluck and a fun dance complete with DJ. Being able to use Passport America for a couple of days helps to make it affordable. Showers were clean and hot. Nice store, laundry. This is not a fancy campground but one we’ll love to come back to!

Free first come first server primitive sites .

Sites along river rd and millstone rd south of Belltown. There is a pit toilet for the sites where river rd meets millstone creek rd. Clean up and take your trash with you when you go.

Rude owner!

Owner has no people skills! He was extreamly rude to our whole group! Plenty of other campgrounds in the area to choose from, would not recommend Kalumet at all!

Big Disappointment

Some sites require over 50' of hose and multiple power cords to reach power box due to the great amount of trees providing good shade throughout camp ground. The owner took it upon himself to correct the children and not the parents. The community had a great Halloween weekend. I will never go back or recommend this place after they way things were handled later on in the weekend with friends being evicted with 0 notice as owner was to cowardly to speak with adults over an activity that was mishandled from the beginning. Drive 10 more minutes and stay in the park. It's way nicer, and close to activities.

Cute and Clean

Bear Run offers pull through sites for larger RV's. The pool is smaller but still enjoyable.  Tons of activities always planned on the weekend.  Family Friendly Friendly!

Awesome Time!

Campground is clean, offers many kid friendly activities, and staff is accommodating. Great time.

Super Family Friendly!

Great Place for adults and children to enjoy themselves! Plenty of activities.  Welcoming Staff!

Halloween weekends are a great time to visit!

Campers Beware! No Hospitality!!

The owner, Mark is arrogant, pompous and has 0 interest in making you feel welcomed or comfortable.  He is miserable,  and is incapable of holding an adult conversation.  He ostracized a couple of teenage girls,  who were camping with their family and trying to take part of a planned camp activity.  They girls did make a mistake, as most 16 year old children will during their lives, but Mark did not allow the parents to explain, apologize, or handle the situation. He kicked out a family of 5 at 10pm at night because he was on a power trip. Not a family friend place!

You shouldn't have to worry about being asked to leave  because your child mishandled the roles to a game…. and when you haven't been a disturbance, or haven't broke any laws.

Also, hook ups are extremely far away from sites. Very inconvenient. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

Beautiful wooded site

This is a beautiful camping site.

Nice find

Very nice campground. We stayed just one night, but the site was truly amazing. The hosts are super nice and accommodating. Groceries only 15min drive away. Would definitely recommend.

Back to Nature

Went there off-season which I recommend everyone do. In the Fall. Beautiful colored folage. Woke up to find I was surrounded by a huge herd of deer. Outstanding!

Nice area not very level

Its a nice place, great creek and woods. Most of the spots will require leveling blocks

Nice showers, pricey, not much scenery

The place was nice, with nice spots and nice hot showers but overall, there wasn’t much to bring me back. There’s a little lake there, and a stream and some trails but in general it’s all pretty uninspiring. If you’re looking for a place to get away from everything it’s fine but, if you’re looking for adventure or proximity to impressive nature and geography, keep moving.

Nice and clean campgrounds

The Campground was really nice, some spots gave you enough space to feel pretty secluded from other campers, which was nice for my partner and I.

Beautiful, clean and quiet.

We drove down from Western NY and were able to choose from 1 of 2 campsites. We lucked out and ended up with a beautiful site in view of the reservoir. Red Bridge was clean and quiet. The hosts were friendly and very informative.

Firewood and ice were sold in the campground.

Very hilly

Nice campground but too hilly for kids to ride bikes. Very close to Lake Arthur for fishing and kayaking.

Love it!

We love camping at Jellystone at Kozy Rest! Staff is super friendly and campground is always very clean. Tons of activities to keep the kids busy all day!!

Quiet, peaceful, relaxing, wooded and scenic

This is the place to unwind and relax. If you want to build giant bonfires and drink and party loudly until all hours of the night, this is not for you.

Camp owners live here and are extremely helpful and friendly.

Gated entrance for security; very safe area in the middle of Amish country:closest businesses are an Amish-run nursery and a fruit/vegetable stand. Shopping is about 15 minutes away and Shenango Reservoir is about 20 minutes away.

Large sites

Mostly seasonal, and about 20 others, including pull-through a.

Great for kids

Pools a big hit for kids and they have a small puttputt golf course and basketballs to play with for free along with a small playground. That being said, most of the sites are taken up by full timers. The ones that aren’t are close together or the spot is very un-level. For Spot 19 you would literally have to move the fire ring and picnic table from spot 18 out of your way. (No they didn’t take up 2 spots, they just overlap it’s so close) The bathrooms are also filthy and on the weekends kids run in and out of them to play. I have no idea why. They run in screaming chat with each other and then run back out. It’s very uncomfortable when you’re in the shower. I also tried their second set of bathrooms, but it was filled with wasps. I reported both bathrooms. But they didn’t seem very concerned and the next day only the trash had been changed. I did not go check if the wasps were gone. They also have an abundance of golf carts here. Which is fine until you’re trying to take a walk and you have to walk into someone else’s camp to get out of their way. You will do this multiple times with each small loop because people here drive them just to drive. Don’t try to leave for food in the evenings on the weekend. EVERYONE gets on their golf carts and will drive around the campground like a giant snake game. You will not escape.

Big woods feel

Long drive (almost a mile) into the campground from the main road. You follow the creek into the campground where it also meets the Clarion River. Lot of crayfish to catch in frigid cold Clear Creek and great tubing in the Clarion River. Cabins, RV and tent sites available. I’ll be honest, the tent only loop l, sites 43 and higher are not that great. Nothing flat and very difficult to find a good spot on them for a tent. But they are also the most private sites. Clear Creek State Forest is just next door and offers lots of hiking and biking trails. Farmers Inn is just outside of the campground with great food and Cooks Forest is a short drive away with go carts tubing and canoeing and kayaking.

Beyond the Great Outdoors

I have been camping at Moraine State Park since I was 5 years old (so about 14 years). While I was in Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts we used the 5 Points Group Camping Area a lot. It is right next to the bike trail and has access to the lake. I have enjoyed my time at Moraine and will enjoy it every time I visit.

Trees trees trees!

Stayed a night and wished it was longer. We did a stop over and slept in our hammocks so it was perfect for us as there were lots of trees. Small little campground but sites were nice and cozy. Lots of very nice people here!

Good things come in small packages!

It’s small, primative, but worth the stop. Did a quick stopover here as we were traveling through. So peaceful and beautiful. Would highly recommend it for sure!

Beautiful and natural meets comfortable and convenient

Whispering winds provides convenient hookup sites with fire pits and level gravel lots all along a beautiful rolling stream that provides natural music to create a relaxing environment. We loved the location, the registration and owner/ hosts. Clean, quiet and easily accessible.