Allegheny National Forest, PENNSYLVANIA
Most Recent Allegheny National Forest Camping Reviews
Very Nice!!

Great place! Water and electric hookups. Beautiful swimming pool! Very peaceful!!

Nice!

Quiet, peaceful campground. Great place for the entire family.

Great Place to visit

Ive been coming here since I was a small kid. I had the chance to walk across the bridge before the tornado took it out.
Now its cool, they built a little part on where you can walk on the glass and see below. The walking/hiking trails are nice. And they re-did the visitors center. Very cool to look around and learn the history. They also have a cpl festivals there a year, worth checking out.

Cute place

Cute areax few pavillions to picnic. Fishing spots are available too. A park for the kiddos and even a public pool, which is realt nice. Changing areas and bathrooms are there as well. Very nice place.

Absolutely beautiful park

Grew up in the area so I’m bias but I love the atmosphere. Swimming, mini golf, kayaking, horse riding, etc. and so much more to do in the area. Visit the Farmers Inn restaurant and petting zoo while you’re in the area.

Muddy Close Dirty Pines Expensive

Very muddy and the sites were close. Pine tree debris constantly. Big pool.

Perfection!

Awesome tiny campground! Only 6 spots all first come first serve and very cheap! What a wonderful find! Right along the creek where native brook trout reside. Great fly fishing in the area and the hiking is beautiful! Great loop trail ranging from a few miles to 7 miles depending on the loop, starts right behind the campground! Highly recommend this campground if you can get a spot!

Very low key!

My husband and I stayed at Site 030 for the weekend and it was beautiful! No electricity and the sites are most tent sites, but the sounds of the creek, birds, and frogs really immerse you in nature! If it rains, it does get quite wet, so be prepared for that. There is opportunity for fishing, kayaking, canoeing, and hiking in the area!

Beautiful camping by the Clarion river

This is a beautiful campground with site not far from the Clarion river. There is a stream that runs down through the park and bear rocks has some beautiful views of the forest.

The scenery is beautiful so much to see the wildlife very clean park the nature walks

Great campground!

We loved it here!! First time here. Very spacious site with full hook up. #76 Next to camp host who were terrific. Deer came up to campsite every morning. Came to do some elk viewing. About 30 -40 min drive to Benezette. Already booked for next year!!

Family Campground

We are a small family campground located in the Allegheny Forest, 6 miles from the Kinzua Sky Walk. Fishing & boating is located off route 59. Call ahead for reservations we have 8 open sites for visitors and they full fast. See our website for the list of planned actives. We are pet friendly.

Beautiful nature, a bit crowded.

It was pretty but there were a lot of RVs and generators. We were the only tent.

Small, rustic, gorgeous

We stayed here July 2018 and found a quiet campsite by the creek. It had been quite rainy and some of the sites were wet and muddy, but for $12, I couldn't complain. While there is an outhouse, it is simply a couple of toilets (bring a lantern or wear a headlamp). Arrive early to get a prime spot, and take advantage of the hiking trails (a bug net for your head will help in the summer as the gnats and deer flies are distracting). Looking forward to staying again.

Family owned

Our (stay) was awesome! The staff is beyond excellent! Were I to be asked to grade them, on a scale of 1 to 10, they would be a 12! As a property manager, the beautiful grounds, attention to detail–every detail–and exceptional service is even more appreciated.

Relax for Thanksgiving

We have made it an immediate family tradition to stay here for Thanksgiving.

This place is great for family camping. It has a nice variety of cabins along several loops.

Cabins range from rustic to downright homey.

The Red House Administration building is a great central location to meet up with other camping families.

Staff is super friendly & helpful.

Great staff

Always something to do

Lots of good times

Great staff

Adventures to be had

Saw a bear, porcupine

Tried a new place

This campground has lots of spots that are open field setup. We was lucky enough to get a spot in the wooded area. The store is cute, and we attended the weekend of the campers yard sale which was an awesome experience. The pool is nicly sized, and comfortable temperature.

Feels like Home!

We’ve camped here many of times throughout the last few years and it’s such a home feeling environment. The store front has anything you can think of, and the playground is conveniently located. The swimming pool is always cold but feels great on a nice hot day

Hands down favorite campground to visit!

tWe've been coming to this campground since I was a kid, and we always rent out the Horseshoe cabins on the Quaker side. Great rustic leave your worries behind kinda camping. Great places to go fishing, rock climbing, catching crayfish, having awesome fires and spending time with friends. The scenery is hands down unbelievable and there is always a ton of things to do. They have an amplitheater that has events happening all the time, and a nice playground for the kids. Spend the day having a cookout or spend the week! Its well worth the visit!

Wonderful, clean, great place for the family

We've been coming to this campground since I was a kid, and love the fact that you can have the amenities of home away from home. There is so much to do there including catching crayfish, fishing, going to the amplitheater, hiking, and so much more. This is a favorite and a must see for sure!

Great hiking trails

Great trails for hiking. Beautiful views of the river. After a snow melt or a rain be prepared for saturated or flooded trails. If you're lucky you can see the otters playing in the winter.

This is a great vacation area.....spend a week!

Did you know this is NY's largest state campground? We stopped here on a rainy night, but what we saw convinced me we need to return. I know this campground is a vacation destination for families in western NY.

Cain Hollow is in the Quaker Run area which includes Quaker Lake. There is another campground in the Red House Area, and there are also lots of cabins. This is definitely a 4 seasons park - hiking, biking, swimming, fishing, snowmobiling, cross country skiing….

I was able to take photos of a few sites the next morning. You can see that sites are private and you're definitely in the woods. There are food storage boxes at all campsites because you're in bear country.

Great campground

We stayed here for our first ever camping trip. The facility was clean and up kept nicely. Staff was nice and friendly. Facility included several extras including a new pool. Bathrooms were clean and well stocked and showers were nice. Overall, I would highly recommend camping here,

Relaxing

Serenity time, but close to all types of activities

Clothing optional camp

This camp is clothing optional. Do not come here if you are afraid of seeing naked people. It is not a sex place. People just sunbathers in the nude. There are showers, hot tub and pool. All are very clean. There are two weeks of festival in the summer during which the rate goes up.

My wife and I love the chill vibe. The population density is very low.

Minimal offering for maximum relaxing

This campground is within Allegheny National Forest near the town of Warren and Tidouette. The sites are few but spacious. Good for car camping, though I’m sure a smaller RVcould get by. Each site has a fire ring. Two sites have Adirondack type shelters. The night sky is promising but light pollution from Warren inhibits a truly awesome night sky. There is a vault toilet. No showers. No water either. Bring what you need! The closest town is about 30 minutes away. Lots of critter life. My dogs loved it here. We spent all days exploring the nearby trails and creeks. Price was cheap. No frills but a quiet respite for sure.