Tioga-Hammond Lakes, PENNSYLVANIA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Tioga-Hammond Lakes Camping Reviews
Amazing stay

Stayed with my husband last fall for our first camping trip and have zero complaints. This place was perfect has everything you need. The surrounding area is loaded with things to do as well if you feel like venturing out. Cherry Springs Dark Park is just up the road but the view from our tent was just as good. We also stopped at the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon. Hiking trails were within walking distance from the tent. Looking forward to our next stay and some more camp food!

Watkins Glen, NY KOA

This was a HUGE KOA campground!  There was a lot to do, but we only stayed 1 night & got back on the road.  We stayed in a small cabin (w/ bathroom).  The weather was great, so we had a great view of the forest around us & the sky was amazing!

KOA does a great job of keeping everything organised & clean.

It was nice & quiet.  Unfortunately, 1 of my cats was startled by a neighbour’s dog & ran up a tree.  My friend, being a military vet, knew how to get up the tree without getting hurt & bring my mischievous ball of fur, Loki, safely back to the ground.

It is a great place to stay!

Secluded, beautiful and close to many wonderful hikes

This is one of my favorite campgrounds to stay at in Western North Carolina. The site we chose to stay at was recommended because it was secluded, but also close to the restroom and check in (which came in handy because ended up staying an extra two nights). The campsite itself was spacious and we were able to enjoy many fires and even came with a bear proofing box, first campsite I had stayed in with one on site. They had clean restrooms and showers and friendly staff to help us find the perfect spot. I will definitely be back for more hiking adventures and to enjoy the before mountains that surround the campsite!

Great place to be.

Redneck lite I heard someone call it. It's fun and relaxing. Safe and fun for kids. Great little store and arcade. There's a pool. Nice big pool. Sometimes live music. Very laid back and happy. Daily activities including hay rides and a bunch of decorated wagons being towed by 4 wheeler for the kids. Mini golf needs work. But the have plans to fix it. We had a blast.

Small but all you need in one stop!

Our family loved the modern cabins which are available in my of Pennsylvania's state parks. I'd rank any other park that we visit with a five star rating. The staff at other parks will let my family check in before 3:00pm if the cabin is ready.The swim area is one of the best around. Playgrounds are fun& the snack stand is a little expensive, but delicious!I think we picked the week with the most rain of the year to camp but it was still a lot of fun. The hike around the lake is not that long and a pretty easy walk. We did it with a 5 year old and he had no complaints. The nature talks were really fun for the kids and interesting for the adults.

Well kept

Sites are pretty level and well kept. The bathrooms are great! Remote, cute little place! They maintain the place well! There are a few trails close by. Nothing crazy but nice to have something close. Not far from cherry spring. We stayed at site 25. We were right next to the bathroom. Convenient, but did hear some traffic from other campers but not bad.

Rustic

Small sites with porta potty’s, did not stay found another campground

Best campground for the fall

Clean family friendly and walking distance to the overlook of the Grand Canyon. Bathrooms are clean and well maintained. Sites are large with plenty of room. Park Rangers are kind and available if needed. Kid area playground.

Beautiful Gorge

After spending several very quiet nights in sparsely occupied campgrounds, we arrived at Watkins Glen to a full campground. The Six Nation Campground is comprised of six loops, each named after a tribe, with a total of over 300 sites. It looked like some of the sites were being rehabbed. The Mohawk Loop is the only one with electric hookups. There are also cabins, but I did not see them. Rates vary depending on how many nights you spend, whether you have an electric or non-electric site, and if you are a NY resident or not. Although the sites are spaced a decent amount apart, most do not have trees or any other barrier to separate them. However, despite our loop being completely full, we did not feel too close to our neighbors. The bathroom/shower facility was reasonably clean. There are two shower stalls and four toilets, and I feared it might be overwhelmed when the loop was full, but I never had to wait.

There is a large day-use area with some nice playground equipment and there are additional playground areas (not as nice) in the loops. There is also a swimming pool but since we were there in October, it had already closed for the season (despite temperatures hovering near 90 degrees)! Normally, there is a trail that leads from the campground to the South Rim Trail, from which you can access the Gorge and other trails, however, due to recent heavy rains, this trail was closed when we were there. There are three access points to the trails: south entrance, upper entrance, or main entrance. From any of these, you can do a loop or just part of the trails. The most popular Gorge trail can get very crowded. We arrived at 10 am on a Tuesday in October and by the time we left at noon, the trail was much more crowded. I can only imagine how crowded it could get on the weekends (judging by the size of the parking lot).

We travel a lot around the country and as such, trash and recycling policies can vary greatly. There was a sign on all the dumpsters listing materials accepted for recycling so we assumed we should use one dumpster for all garbage and recycling (this is how it was in Acadia NP). It wasn’t until later that we saw on a bulletin board that there is a recycling bin near the camp office. This could easily be confusing and could easily be remedied with additional information on the sign indicating where to bring recyclables!

Fun weekend

My family of 4 tent camped here for the weekend. Everyone at this campground was so friendly and nice. The staff really tried to make our stay comfortable. I noticed there was always a staff member driving around in a golf cart, checking on things. The bathrooms were very clean and maintained the whole weekend. The firewood sold at the camp store was only$5 for a large bundle and burned very well. Some campgrounds seem to sell "wet" wood that is hard to light. My only negative comment would be this is more of an RV park. If you do tent camp you should know you will be out in the open, no trees around your site and NO privacy. I will say the tent sites are huge and you can park 2 cars at each one. We made the best of it. We stayed in site 404