Standard (Tent/RV)
Cook Forest is located in Pennsylvania
-79.2087 W
31 Reviews of Cook Forest
Coor Forest State Park

Beautiful park with huge pine trees. 235 sites, many with electric. Most seem pretty level and big rig friendly. Good ATT & Verizon cell service. Nice trails and friendly campground hosts.

Summer Camp Vibes

A nice park with a serious vintage summer camp feel. Lots to do in the area— kayaking, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, touristy stops. Campsites are shaded and spread out well. There was no cell service, but for us, that’s a plus.

Perfect All Around!

We spent two incredible nights here (and a full 3 days!) in mid-July.

Our site: we stayed on site 202. Our site is in the furthest loop back, and therefore the most remote. The site itself wasn’t particularly level, but didn’t prove too much of a problem. If you are staying with a large group (20-30), the inside of the furthest loop back might be a great way to reserve a section where everyone stays together. During our trip, it was used by a family of about 30 folks. Looks like they a great time!

The campground: The campground is nicely laid out, with a variety of deciduous trees and large pole Pines. there’s a nice playground for the kids, open field for throwing a frisbee, several restroom and shower locations. During our visit, everything is clean and in tiptop shape. Happy to recommend for those who are concerned about such things ;-) There’s also firewood available to purchase on site for reasonable rates.

Things to do: Cook Forest is nestled in an area along the Clarion River that’s full of possibilities! The biggest draw seems to be canoeing and kayaking down the river. We took advantage of one of the local liveries with really reasonable rates. The host/owner was incredible, and our 4-hour trip was perfect - even in low water. There’s also a fire tower (built in 1929!) across the street from the state park campground. It’s a 1.5 mile hike from the campground via gravel road, or you can drive and park. Worth the climb!

Quick tip: if you’re able, bring your bikes. It seemed like we were the only family who didn’t ;-)

Great weekend getaway

We stayed in site 216, as it was one of the few left for Father's Day weekend, but next time we'll stay in one of the sites on the outer edges of the campground (for quiet). We did have one bad night, as there was a group camping in a site adjacent to ours that was drunk and carried on until about 4 am. They were evicted by the forest ranger the following day, and our subsequent night was very peaceful. Lots of trees and it is possible to hammock camp here. The hot showers have great water pressure. There is a central area in the restroom building containing a coin-operated washing machine and dryer for those who need laundry facilities. There is also an electrical outlet near the laundry facilities if your inflatable mattress decides to deflate in the middle of the night. Campfire pits include a grill.

There are several great hiking trails - recommend Longfellow for the ancient hemlock groves and the Fire Tower for a neat way to get an overview of the forest.

Back to Nature

Went there off-season which I recommend everyone do. In the Fall. Beautiful colored folage. Woke up to find I was surrounded by a huge herd of deer. Outstanding!

Nice and clean campgrounds

The Campground was really nice, some spots gave you enough space to feel pretty secluded from other campers, which was nice for my partner and I.

Beautiful and Cozy

I’ve been going here since I can remember and every time I see the trip coming up on the calendar I get excited. The cabins are always very clean with comfortable living spaces and great theme. The campground has very spaced out camp sites for privacy and really incorporates the forest around it. Plenty of hikes and activities to do during the day. Cooks forest has always been one of my favorite places.

Love Cook Forest

Cook Forest is a wonderful park with tons of trails and canoeing down the Clarion River.  Campground is vast and hard to pick a spot, though I found the park office helpful in giving me their opinion.  Can be very crowded in the summer and on weekends.  My site ended up not being very private but I had woods along the back which made it better.  Lots of other families around so my son liked playing with the other kids while I made dinner.

Absolutely beautiful park

Grew up in the area so I’m bias but I love the atmosphere. Swimming, mini golf, kayaking, horse riding, etc. and so much more to do in the area. Visit the Farmers Inn restaurant and petting zoo while you’re in the area.

The scenery is beautiful so much to see the wildlife very clean park the nature walks