Bethlehem, PENNSYLVANIA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Bethlehem Camping Reviews
Campground wedding

We got married here so obviously Tohickon Family Campground will forever hold a special place in my family’s heart. The rustic barn and meadow by the creek was exactly what my wife and I wanted for our special day. The fact that there was an old mill on the property and a covered bridge right out front for post wedding photos was icing on the cake for us. The campground itself is average, seems a little outdated but overall in good condition. I personally didn’t use the bathhouse so I cannot comment. Price for full hookup campsites are very reasonable. Bottom line if you are looking for a modern campground with tons of amenities for $100 a night this is not the campground for you, but if your looking for a nice quiet simple campground with beautiful rustic setting at a very reasonable price than it’s perfect.

First trip with our new camper

We wanted to try a campground that wasn’t too far away for our first trip. Blue Rocks was pretty nice overall. When we were there it was April so most of the facilities were not open yet. Facilities that we did use seemed decent though. We really enjoyed our view of the boulder field from our site and we enjoyed climbing around on the rocks. My wife and i hiked up to the overlook from the back of the campground during the off season but during our camping trip we decided to take the short drive to Hawk Mountain instead because is a much easier hike for our son.

Close to the city

This state park is close to Philly but has some wonderful tent sites. There are also cabins and yurts but they aren’t dog friendly. Lots of nice trails.

Beautiful Fall Getaway!

Our first visit to Hickory Run State Park was in 10/19. I was a little nervous when I booked as I booked the last site available in the pet loop. It was the first site in the center as you enter the loop. However, it worked out great. The sites are a little close together but the way they are angled you have just enough privacy. We camped in our small travel trailer in site #219. A small electric only site. The bathrooms were clean. Shower stalls had small changing area to keep your belongings dry. The dump station was very convenient with several stations. The hiking trails were beautiful. I especially loved the Shades of Death Trail. The fall is an amazing time to visit to enjoy the beautiful scenery.

This place is great for first time campers

I go camping here almost every year and they a nice open field with two sites and two fire pits. They also have a tone of trails to hike on.

Our local favorite

We appreciate that they haven’t charged us extra in the past for our kids. Our kids love the pool and splash area. Dump station location isn’t ideal on a busy morning. I heard they might work on a second dump location and was told to ask if it’s ok to stick around until it dies down if our site isn’t needed soon. Friendly campground. Go visit Ringing Rocks park with a hammer while you are here. While it’s obviously busier, we liked being below the pool where our kids could fish in the pond and easy access to the pool.

Wooded with many lakeside spots

Easy drive from Philly area, courteous staff, very wooded and quiet at night. Has many sites right along the lake edge, some very large. Many sites have exposed tree roots and rocks, recommend extra padding for tenters. Plenty of space away from neighbors. Only downside, no dogs allowed.

Great park

Great park. Bathrooms are nice and very well maintained. Most spots are pretty private

All season

Stayed over for one night in early December. Showers and bathrooms were great! If you’re traveling through, there are many places to eat nearby. I’m a women in my thirties traveling alone and I felt very safe here. The honor system of payment at the office makes it really easy to come in late and leave early, make sure you have cash on you as it was unclear If checks were accepted.

Best place with family

Secure, safe, clean bathroom. Had fire pit where we cooked. 90% of the grounds were full of RVs. We were in tents and 10 other families. But all spots were full. Picturesque, family friendly and maxing. They have a pool which will be a fun for kids in summer. Trails to hike and waterbody to kayak. Just an awesome!!