Yurts
County
Tohickon Valley County Park is located in Pennsylvania
7 Reviews of Tohickon Valley County Park
Peace and Quiet

Since it was late in the season, I called ahead to make sure this campground (22 individual sites plus two group sites and four cabins– two rustic and two modern) was still open. I was reassured that it was, that reservations were not needed, and that a ranger would come around to collect our fee ($30 cash or check). We arrived around 6 pm to a completely empty campground. Granted it was a rainy Sunday night, but the gates were open and so were the restrooms, so we settled into site 16, across from the restrooms. Aside from occasional road noise on Cafferty Road, we didn’t hear any noise or see another soul (including the ranger) during our overnight stay. There was no place to self/register/pay that we could find. The next morning, we woke to sunshine and the campground looked beautiful. No hookups and the bathrooms were reasonable but not the best we’ve encountered. The shower did not look very appealing. I did not see the cabins or the pool that is open Memorial Day through Labor Day. I read that two water releases each year in March and early November are very popular for whitewater rafters and many of these paddlers stay in the cabins and campground. I also read about hiking trails but could not find them on the Google map on my phone. Not seeing much to do, we packed up and left what was likely the most peaceful night of camping we’ve experienced in a long time!

Nice place for the family.

It's a great place to take the kids for a night or two of lovely moderate hiking and outdoor experience. Except I don't have kids and the people I tagged along with didn't read the rules, so we brought a bunch of alcohol and had our selves a blast until the rangers showed up.

Peaceful

We were here at the end of September and there were only a few other campers.The sites are a decent distance from each other. It was nice and quiet. There are trails for hiking and if you're there on a Saturday during polo season you can catch a match down the road at Tinicum Park.

Very bad

Worst camping site that I have ever visited

One stop shop for adventure!

This place is amazing! everything you could want, from tent and RV camping to cabin rentals. They also have a pool and playground. some of my favorite parts of this park are a good 100’ rack wall perfect for climbing, great fishing, trails for miles that even connects to the AT, and when scheduled they open the dam up stream for som world class whitewater rafting.

As for some things that aren’t listed. this is no alcohol permitted in the park due to it being a state park, however that all depends on how open you are about it and the Park rangers. Cell phone service is limited last time I was up there in 2012 only people with Verizon Wireless had any reception. Also there is no WiFi. No hookups or camp store.

Peaceful Campsite!

It's a small state run campground for tent camping. All the sites have a ton of room to stretch out! (Room for fire/ grill pits) There are bathroom facilities which have showers. You can reserved a site or find an open one and set up camp. Park rangers routinely will check up on you to make sure things are going well, I’ve never had that experience before but they have been kind the 2 times I have been their.

Big, private, and scenic campsites

We came late and left early but our campsite was big, we weren't on top of our neighbors, it was set back into the trees, and the sounds were incredible. We saw lots of deer and signs for a pool!