the dyrt
About Hickory Run State Park
Hickory Run State Park is located in Pennsylvania
23 Reviews of Hickory Run State Park
Camp at Hickory Run all the time.

Love this state park. The dog area is very nice.

DEPENDS ON WHAT LOOP YOU CAMP IN..

I reserved site 364 which is a non electric site. Perfect for my solo camping trip. It has a lantern post, picnic table and fire pit with grate. I found the trees to either be too close together to hang a hammock or the trunks too wide for my hammock rope. You can also see the RV loop from this site as well which circled a large open field.

PROS - Close to camp store (biking distance), pit toilets and main office. This site also backs up to no other sites so behind you is just trees, deer and squirrel

CONS - These sites are literally on top of each other (at least this loop was). I was luck I was literally the only one camping in this loop. This site is also not close to hiking trails so you will need to drive out to go hiking. There is also heavy vehicle traffic at this location and people stopping at the dumpster across the road constantly.

Would I return? Probably on a different loop. But for a first solo camping trip it was nice to see other campers in the distance.

Comfortable State Park with a Few Unusual Features

Stayed two nights in this park on our way from NC to Maine. We were happy to find a nice wooded site and had a quiet, refreshing stay. An easy rewarding walk is the "Shades of Death" trail - gotta love the name. Also worth an exploratory trip is their mammoth boulder field and learning about the last Ice Age.

Nice and clean, lots of trails

nice and clean and lots of trails. we were warned to be cautious about leaving food out as there have been some bear sightings. Not much of a playground. All in all a pretty Park.

Bathrooms are undersized and not cleaned regularly, but otherwise, gorgeous trees campground with hiking and bike trial nearby. Electric hookup only in some sites. Crowded on summer weekends but not unbearable. Hike to the falls, see the boulder filed and bring bikes! Lehigh gorge rails to trails is a short drive.

Campground and More

I love everything the campground and state park has to offer. Bolder field is a great way to spend the day, and the campground has a great price for the sites. Showers and bathrooms are close by to the basic tent campgrounds, and the sites are large and easy to set up.

Beautiful area, a very nice get away

We camped here twice and enjoyed the peacefulness and cleanliness of the campground. A definite added bonus was the Boulder field which is a short drive, or long hike if you prefer, from the campground. Our whole family also enjoyed riding our bikes around the campground.

Friendly and clean!

There are different levels of campsites. We love the "modern tent only", where we had the peaceful woods for company.

Simply Amazing

Where to start?! This is my favorite campground, public or private. The sites are large and many are somewhat private in terms of visual barriers. Some bathrooms are latrines, but they also have beautiful, fully updated showers and restrooms available. The camp store had good hours and is stocked to high heaven; you could come here with just the clothes on your back and buy everything you need for a very comfortable stay. To top it all off, the park itself is stunning. This is probably the largest, most well-kept public campground I have ever been to, and I'm dying to return.

We also saw a dung beetle, which was awesome.

loved it!

Very nice, peaceful campground. Boulder field is very cool!